Elixir des Merveilles (2006)
by Hermès

Elixir des Merveilles information

Year of Launch2006

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena
PackagingSerge Mansau

About Elixir des Merveilles

Elixir des Merveilles is a feminine perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena. The bottle was designed by Serge Mansau

Reviews of Elixir des Merveilles

A certain... natural feminine musk, shall we say.

At least that's what I thought on my first wearing. Ah, what a young nose. It didn't put me off too much, as I'm into that kinda stuff. But that was about two years ago, so it must have left an impression. Maybe I wasn't willing to walk around smelling like I'd just enjoyed a marathon lovemaking session. Love that smell, but not as a lingering, all-day presence.

Transitioning from retail work to an office environment has been fun times for my fragrance wardrobe. It's given me the confidence to break out my more challenging scents, as in retail the wrong note could entirely put off a customer and ruin your whole day. In an office, no one cares unless it's loud and in your face.

So with high hopes, and some leftover apprehension, I wore Hermes Elixir des Merveilles. It's a scent of surprising contradictions. Breezy, sticky. Sweet, salty. Soapy, dirty. Feels more like an aura than an afterglow. Comforting in a way I didn't expect, based on previous wearings.

Recently I've noticed that amber takes on this dusty playdough vibe when I smell it. I get that here, combined with a sticky, caramel orange. Sounds like it would be heavy, but it's light enough. Works for me. I dig it.
08th July, 2018
Resinous. Slight vacillating, sweetness. Light woody, balsamic flavor. Salty. Smoky. The Tonka bean is a bit too much. Better for cooler weather.
08th June, 2018
this is the Narnia scent;

of when those children step outside the wooden wardrobe into the mystical pine forests of Narnia

truly magic

08th September, 2017
I think I finally get this - and when I was offered a 30 ml in a swap, I decided to spring for it. It is by far the most bizarre of this entire "line" of scents (at what point does a flanker begin its own line?), and that is what made me come back - if this were labeled under Josh Lobb's Slumberhouse label, I believe it would have more approval - I mean, it is really weird...and wearable sometimes...but then it gets weird again. I like it like that.

Anyway, if you've always wished Josh would make an amber for the masses (he made "A", but that was not for the masses), and wondered what weird stuff you could do to amber, this is it...until Josh decides he wants to expand on "A" (hint hint).
23rd July, 2017
A very strong, sticky, pure, resinous amber with an animalistic side. It smells like my redhead's skin when I've been under the sun, only stronger, with an orange peel touch.
So so so great. Full bottle worthy. I feel it's masculine. Unisex for sure.
15th May, 2017
I’ve smelled quite a few “beachy” scents over the years, and I own several that I think are really exceptional, but nothing quite smells like the sun, sand, and sea to me than Elixir des Merveilles. That impression was overwhelming the first time I smelled it, and it’s stuck in my nose to this day.

That’s not to say there are any of the usual suntan lotion suspects in this—mostly it’s a conflation of foody and woody notes interwoven top to bottom with orange peel. But instead of smelling heavy and weird to me, what I smell each and every time I spritz this is a tremendously good-natured outdoorsy scent evocative of salt-tinged, sun-baked summer days at the beach. While I don’t reach for it often day-to-day, it’s the first bottle I toss in my bag when I go on vacation.
05th March, 2017

Add your review of Elixir des Merveilles

Shop for Elixir des Merveilles products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Elixir des Merveilles