Fete d'Hiver (2002)
    by Ayala Moriel

Average Rating:

Fete d'Hiver Fragrance Notes

Fete d'Hiver information

Fete d'Hiver is a women's fragrance by Ayala Moriel. The scent was launched in 2002

Reviews of Fete d'Hiver

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

pinkfizzy's avatar

This is discontinued? I just got a sample of Fete d'Hiver and one of Bois d'Hiver and they seem quite different to me... BdH is much more woody and dry, and less rich and sweet (although FdH is not particularly sweet). Anyway, I love Fete d'Hiver! I couldn't figure out what was in it just from smelling it, since it is very well blended,and was surprised to find that it's a rose and incense scent, since I usually don't care for rose. I entered a draw to win a travel roll-on of this when I met Ayala and I won, yay, lucky me! It's my favorite of the ones I've sampled so far, and the longevity and coherence are quite good for a natural perfume.

14 July, 2009

odysseusm's avatar

I have completely revised my review. My earlier comments were based on my confusion between this scent and one with a similar name, "Fete D'Hiver pour Homme." The notes are completely different between the two, and the latter morphed into Bois D'Hiver in Ayala's current product line.

Here, we see a rosewood (bois de rose) centered scent. Rosewood oil is very powerful, with a languid and rich note reminiscent of deep roses but also furniture oil and old wood. It can dominate a scent if overdone. Here, it is definitely the focal point but it is handled well, and provides a good foundation for the pleasant and warm spice mix and the floral notes. The scent is rich, cozy and not too sweet. There are nice hints of incense and sandalwood in the dry-down.

08 May, 2008 (Last Edited: 10th December, 2012)

chartreuse's avatar

I love this one. The scent of pine and smoke and frankincense. I think it rivals Rich Hippie's Groovy, has greater lasting power. A side by side comparison is in order.

20th December, 2007

purplebird7's avatar

Delightful, versatile fragrance consisting of a balanced mixture of flowers, a touch of citrus, and well-chosen spices on an amber and sandalwood base. Appealing as both a floral and an Oriental perfume. Natural florals make it soft and wearable. Plus, the spices increase the projection and longevity. I especially enjoy the allspice, which carries a seasonal, wintery association. More jolly than Nuit de Noel.

21st October, 2006

caribou55313's avatar

Smooth melange of white flowers on a woodsy resinous base; warm and bright.

01st August, 2006

Add your review of Fete d'Hiver