Megumi (2003)

Year of Launch2003

HouseAyala Moriel
PerfumerAyala Moriel

About Megumi

Megumi is a feminine perfume by Ayala Moriel. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ayala Moriel

Megumi fragrance notes

Reviews of Megumi

It is interesting to note how Megumi performs on my (male) skin. The fruity notes are not prominent. Similarly, the florals are lovely yet not too sweet. For me, the peppery spice notes lead, supported and softened by florals and light fruit. I call the opening phase “green aromatic,” and it is very attractive and dynamic. Then, mysterious oud starts to blossom, and it provides a very intriguing segue into the lower notes. At first it gives a bracing edge to the fuzzy moss. Then it combines with vetiver to give a smoky wood/grass chord. Finally the oud itself takes centre stage, but now it is supported and modulated by all the previous notes. I think this is another brilliantly designed green scent by Ayala. I also think it would be an excellent introduction to oud for the uninitiated. Sometimes oud can be overpowering or highly distinctive; here it is marvelous and very attractive. This can be a unisex scent, I like it a lot.
08th July, 2008
A beautiful fruity chypre, the fragrance I carry in my purse. It's not as exuberantly outgoing as Femme de Rochas, nor is it introverted/melancholy like Mitsouko. It's confident and sophisticated without being showy. I have the solid form, which is very long-lasting. I love the apricot in the top note, rather than the more usual peach.
03rd January, 2007
Gentle medly of wood, warm florals, and comforting spices. Feminine, soft fragrance.
11th August, 2006

Add your review of Megumi

Shop for Megumi products online

Search Amazon for Megumi

Member images of Megumi

There are no member images of Megumi yet. Why not be the first?