Bon Zai (2001)

Year of Launch2001

HouseAyala Moriel
PerfumerAyala Moriel

About Bon Zai

Bon Zai is a masculine fragrance by Ayala Moriel. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ayala Moriel

Bon Zai fragrance notes

Reviews of Bon Zai

Genre: Woods

Bon Zai opens with citrus and a beautiful green note that reminds me of freshly cut hay. The green note lingers as some woods and a very dry rose emerge in an accord that's clean, yet without any of the irritating cheap and "chirpy" quality that mars so many modern "fresh" scents. Vetiver is clearly detectable in the base, as is a very modest oudh note. I believe that it's the medicinal side of oudh that gives Bon Zai its suave freshness, while the very rounded vetiver lies behind the grassy quality.

Bon Zai is an original fragrance that works like a crisp breeze on the senses, and I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a new summer scent. Very enjoyable.
10th June, 2014
Zingy conifer, dry woods, citrus ó†with a tang. Light, sparkly with a juniper twist.
22nd March, 2013 (last edited: 01st August, 2014)
Beautiful light green scent with a very masculine edge...

Having tried it in winter does not apear to have lasted very much on my skin. Will try it in summer time and will return with a more formal review about longevity and sillage...

Big thumbs up...!
19th February, 2011
At first I thought it smelled like juniper and pine; by the end of the day it was rosemary. A tiby bit of lemon verbena, wood, and vetiver. No rose. Overall I liked it.
20th December, 2007
Bon Zai is interesting, but I am of mixed mind about it. I love the dry-down, which is one of the most satisfying sandalwood-vetiver combos Iíve encountered. It is beautiful! The wood is sandalwood, not agarwood as indicated above. Getting to the finish line is another matter. Nothing problematic in the journey, but it was not what I expected. The opening is very fruity (tangerine), and then it quickly shifts to a kind of toasty, baked-good aspect. Some have called that like hay or grass, but I think it is the shiso oil which apparently can be like sesame. I donít find this to be a green or spicy scent at all. Nor do I detect any cedar or juniper notes. Verbena or rose likewise are not readily apparent, at least to me. So kudos for the last phase, but Iím neutral on the initial phases.
29th October, 2007
I tried this because I was curious about shiso. It smells herbal, live and green, spicy and delectable. It pairs nicely with evergreen notes; therefore, it is presented with cedar and juniper. Tangerine leads the way into this fragrance and gives is a citrus edge, along with lemony verbena. Woody vetiver is apparent in the base. Overall, the fragrance is a bit too light for me. It is the scent of the needles and the wood of the tree, but not much below the trunk. I wonder if more earthy patchouli would allow this little tree to grow. But then, it would no longer be a miniature bonsai.

08th August, 2007

Add your review of Bon Zai

Shop for Bon Zai products online

Search Amazon for Bon Zai

Member images of Bon Zai

There are no member images of Bon Zai yet. Why not be the first?