Rumeur (new) (2006)

HouseLanvin
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian
SupplierTakasago

About Rumeur (new)

Rumeur (new) is a feminine perfume by Lanvin. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Rumeur (new) fragrance notes

Reviews of Rumeur (new)

The original 1934 RUMEUR must have been a stunner with vanilla, tobacco, leather, civet, peach, plum, cyclamen, geranium, vetiver, patchouli amber, nutmeg cardamon, clove, cistus.

The new scent with the same name is awful. Another of those boring dry chypres without any depth or interest. What can you do with magnolia, muguet, white rose and jasmine, except let them shine as white florals. No so here. There is almost no scent in this - yet another knock off watery dull insult to the nose.

Try to find the original and avoid this travesty - shame on them to use the name over again. Can't someone provide them with a dictionary??
07th November, 2013
I concur with Meg2005 from 5 years ago that it is similar to SJP’s Lovely, only better, as she also points out. This is an unusual and reasonably lively combination of florals, with the magnolia and lily of the valley and maybe orange (as far as I can tell) providing a slightly and almost pleasantly musty smell. This mustiness reminds me of an uncle and aunt's house from my childhood. Was it the somewhat comforting smell of the wicker furniture my aunt liked to collect? Probably it was a combination of things. You know how each house/household seems to have its own peculiar smell?

A limited knowledge of a half dozen or so Lanvin scents has led me to believe that the quality of this house's offerings is a bit uneven, but then there are more than 40 that I haven't smelt yet!
23rd November, 2012
I own this.
It was a bit strong at first but gets lots of compliments.
Want to know something stupid? Yea? Well, I have good luck everytime I wear it. Really!! So if it smells like a skunk, whatever! :))))

ps I can't stand the rose version and it does not get compliments or brings me luck
01st June, 2012
Zaika Show all reviews
Russian Federation
This is beauty!It is good on a frost especially!
04th February, 2012 (last edited: 12th February, 2012)
I must say I am a bit surprised by the amount of negative reviews this one has had. I have to confess I am on my second bottle now and I just love it. Even my husband said it smelled lovely and believe me he has no more interest in perfume than I have in paints and glues. To a certain extent, this perfume reminds me of Arpege and Caleche even though Rumeur is different. I also like the name (gossip, background noise) and I think it really befits this perfume: slightly dark and secretive. The lasting power is great and the price is good too. What more does a girl need?
30th June, 2011
I haven't tested this on my skin...after my experience with a testing strip, I'm slightly afraid to try...

Opening notes were very medicinal, another member said it smelled like acetone, and I definitely got that. Maybe acetone with a touch of cinnamon. Shortly thereafter I could detect white floral notes and lots of musk...it started to remind me of a not-so-pleasant version of Narciso Rodriguez. I say not-so-pleasant because to my nose, there was an underlying fecal (indole, maybe) note that really distracted me.

This perfume confuses me...I start to like it, then I turn away in disgust. I smell it again, smile, and then a few minutes later wrinkle my nose. Definitely not going to purchase this one.

Feb
2009
28th March, 2011

Add your review of Rumeur (new)

Shop for Rumeur (new) products online

Shop for Rumeur (new) at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Rumeur (new)

Member images of Rumeur (new)

There are no member images of Rumeur (new) yet. Why not be the first?