Fleurs de Gardenia (2006)
by Creed

Fleurs de Gardenia information

Year of Launch2006

HouseCreed
PerfumerOlivier Creed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Fleurs de Gardenia

Sixth generation perfumer Olivier Creed honors the unique style of Miami and south Florida with Fleurs de Gardenia, a new limited-edition fragrance for men and women that includes Miami Supreme gardenias and rare gardenias from Asia and French Polynesia in its notes.

Fleurs de Gardenia is offered in a 1.7-oz. winter-white take-anywhere Creed leather atomizer that echoes the cool color tones of Miami. In a 1.7-ounce winter- white leather atomizer, $250. In an 8.4-ounce flacon signed by Olivier CREED, $375. At select Saks Fifth Avenue stores.

Reviews of Fleurs de Gardenia

This fragrance is very floral and very feminine I disagree about it being unisex. Would be great on a lady though.
01st May, 2010 (last edited: 20th May, 2010)
zztopp Show all reviews

Time for a real review instead of a retailer mishap diatribe ;)

Fleurs De Gardenia (FdG). A UNISEX gardenia fragrance. Quite interesting, considering that I have never seen or tried a gardenia-dominated unisex fragrance. My curiosity piqued, I set out to discover how Creed intended to accomplish this .. and whether they succeeded at it or not.

FdG opens with a light almost watery floral note encircled by a citrus essence. Shortly, jasmine makes an appearance, and enrichens this opening accord. The jasmine is never indolic or heavy. Despite the presence of two floral notes (peony and jasmine), this initial accord clearly smells unisex due to the presence of a very well blended orange note. Mission (half) accomplished, I was eager to observe how the gardenia dominated middle notes would phase. With gardenia essences collected from every corner of earth, this was a gardenia big bang waiting to explode on my skin. Will Creed succeed in tempering a estrogen injection that a hefty infusion of gardenias usually bring about? Well, yes they will actually. The gardenia heart is surprisingly well behaved - instead of a rich floral bouquet, what I get is a controlled display of understated gardenia essences. It smells great without being loud or heady. The drydown is a deep and very pleasing musky, slightly salty accord with a light gardenia note wafting in and out. While the sillage is cut in half when the gardenia heart is exhausted, the drydown lasts a long time and stays close to skin - I could smell it 7 hours after application.

Creed has succeeded in creating a unisex Gardenia scent. At every level of its construction, the composition is perfectly balanced by notes which prevent it from being overly floral. The profound salty-floral (!) drydown is addictive and longevity is high. Fleurs de Gardenia proves flowers aren't just for women. I highly recommend this hard-to-find Creed.
06th January, 2007
Hi guys,

I have ordered two bottles of Fleurs de Gardenia from New York and was put on a waiting list before they mannaged to track down two bottles from San Antonio Texas, Sax Fifth Avenue.I live in Canada.

Once I got the package and opned it I found only one, instead of two bottles of Fleurs de Gardenia. It just arrived today.
It did not take me long to find out that I was riffed of by Saks Fifth Avenue from San Antonio Texas by some American weasel named "Pete", thats what said on the invoice. I am on the brink on contacting the authorities since this may not pass as someone's sorry-ass mistake, it was theft and I want everyone to know that.
He charged me almost $800 US for two flacons since I did not get the limited edition atomizers and decided to send me one bottle and keep the other for himself.

Anyways, the cologne is 70% female and 30% male and is garbage compared to Feuille Verte that I also got.

It has this predominant bitter note to it that smells like someones sweat. Nothing extraordinary, people, nothing.
Plus I got ripped off.

So there...
21st October, 2006
FdG is a very nice and "pretty" fragrance.
I think it leans toward what some would consider a feminine scent but not too much so. I am instantly transferred to a sultry summer night at a bar on a beach wearing all white and drinking a cool Mojito with the wind slightly blowing....cool and breezy is where FdG takes me to.
Initially, the Orange and Gardenias dominate my nose...but after an hour I can begin to smell the sandalwood, vanilla and yes...the rose (which is listed as a top note)
I am definitely getting some of this.

04th August, 2006

Add your review of Fleurs de Gardenia

Shop for Fleurs de Gardenia products online

Shop for Fleurs de Gardenia at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fleurs de Gardenia

Member images of Fleurs de Gardenia

There are no member images of Fleurs de Gardenia yet. Why not be the first?