Yuzu Ab Irato 09 (2006)

HouseParfumerie Generale
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About Yuzu Ab Irato 09

Yuzu Ab Irato 09 is a shared / unisex perfume by Parfumerie Generale. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

Yuzu Ab Irato 09 fragrance notes

Reviews of Yuzu Ab Irato 09

Genre: Citrus

Yuzu Ab Irato probably wants to be a dry citrus chypre in the mold of Cristalle or Chanel pour Monsieur, but it doesn’t quite manage to cohere. The tart citrus and aromatic notes up top are arresting, but the citrus doesn’t last, leaving a bald aromatic heart that smells an awful lot like lavender scented hand soap. Things eventually do pick up: the mossy, dry green chypre base exposed during the drydown is impressive in the way it manages to be earthy, clean and pungent all at once.

Sillage and projection are quite good for this type of light citrus fragrance, but longevity is not. Yuzu Ab Irato has the half life of an eau de Cologne, and is near undetectable after a couple of hours. Had the citrus accord persisted longer, or the mossy base emerged much sooner, I would have enjoyed this fragrance more. As it is, I like the opening and the drydown, but I think Yuzu Ab Irato spends too much time in between smelling like an upscale bath product.
09th July, 2014
i cannot explain why, but i like yuzu ab irato. in the beginning, when i got my first sample of it, i was disappointed. i was expecting something really brightly fresh and green, while what i got was soapy and very 'quiet'. but by the end of the sample the scent grew on me. it is a quiet scent that stays close to the skin, but it is a lasting one. i especially love the way my clothes / shawls smell of it the next dy after i wore yuzu. for me it works well in the colder days and in the hot summer days. i find it very comfortable and calming. and though i agree it is not a complicated and layered scent (actually, on my skin it kind of stays the same through the whole time, which i as a rule do not like in perfumes), at the moment i am finishing my second sample and thinking seriously of getting the bottle of ab irato.
22nd November, 2011
I'll keep this short. Car air freshener + hair pomade= Yuzu Ab Irato. Sexy? Trendy? I think NOT!
01st April, 2011
I love citrus, especially grapefruit in all incarnations (Aqua Allegoria's Pamplelune for instance) and there's a sweet warm hit of that to begin - I also (unlike many) like mint notes and I can smell some of that at first... (NB I don't think that's an illegitimate combination - can't you have mint leaves in a fruit salad?) But the citrus dies off quickly, moving to a salty, piney, herby heart.... It's interesting, but I don't really want to smell like this... I have to agree with the other reviewers that it evokes less walking in citrus groves under a hot sun with thyme underfoot, than kneeling over the bathtub with a bottle of Cif and a raggedy sponge. Maybe that's the mood of grim resentment conveyed in the term 'ab irato'.
25th March, 2010
Starting with an instant blast of sharp and zesty citrus fruit. At first I thought lemon zest, then grapefruit zest, then orange zest... let's just leave it a citrus zest. Yuzu, Ab Irato nearly has the character of a Penhaligon but ultimately falls some way short. There is something of an accord happening here as I struggle to pick out any more than pine from the mix. Although it's certainly complex it does feel a little too generic. As I said, snub this and sample some Penhaligons.
26th September, 2009
I cannot really make up my mind whether this is a refreshingly sharp, tart, bitter mix of citrus peel and herbs, or whether it's too herbally bitter, verging on sour and stale, with a too aggressive, cleaning-fluid citrus top. Quite traditionally masculine, I'd say, more like a classic citrusy/aromatic cologne than a modern super-fresh, fleeting, citrusy/green/aquatic thing. I think I kind of like the dry and bitter herbs (thyme and myrtle), they remind me a bit of Fleurs de sel, only the refreshing accord is citrus instead of salt. What I don't like is the, mercifully faint, minty topnote. Citrus + mint = yuck!
19th December, 2008

Add your review of Yuzu Ab Irato 09

Shop for Yuzu Ab Irato 09 products online

Search Amazon for Yuzu Ab Irato 09

Member images of Yuzu Ab Irato 09

There are no member images of Yuzu Ab Irato 09 yet. Why not be the first?