Musc Maori 04 (2005)

HouseParfumerie Generale
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About Musc Maori 04

Musc Maori 04 is a shared / unisex perfume by Parfumerie Generale. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

Musc Maori 04 fragrance notes

Reviews of Musc Maori 04

An interesting gourmand. I don't smell any Tonka, musk, or floral notes here. The cacao pod is prominent. This perfume has a saltiness to it. I get lawn trimmings occasionally. I also get a burnt coffee smell. I wouldn't ever invest in a full bottle because I wouldn't wear this one more than twice a year. Artistically, it's wonderful. Realistically, it is a holiday fragrance.

...Sitting here with my morning coffee, I smell Tonka now. Actually smelling and drinking coffee, somehow brings out the Tonka. Surprisingly, the burnt coffee smell of this, is muted, too. Hmmm. Very interesting...
26th February, 2018 (last edited: 07th March, 2018)
A lot of good chocolate with the acidity of musk. I can't smell anything else. I love anything gourmand but this one turns cloying. I leave a neutral note for the originality of the idea. Nice try...

Longevity and sillage are both weak.
14th March, 2017
I think I’m beginning to lose my grouchy attitude to out-and-out gourmand perfumes, because Musc Maori’s opening made me go ‘Oh yeah’. So, I’m putting my hand up to say, ‘I’m gimmegreen, and – in this case – I want to smell like a bar of chocolate.’
Well, not just any old chocolate obviously, this is one of those super-enhanced milk chocolate bars – where all the juvenile sugary fun of milk chocolate is bolstered by a high cocoa level of impeccable quality. Cocoa, milk, sweet vanilla – this could have been a disaster. But as good chocolate is all about the mouth feel, this is about the texture of the scent – creamy and rich and yet whipped to a feathery mousse by the white musks. I’m willing to overlook the plasticky white floral note hanging round the edges.
Musc Maori is pretty straightforward; it has little to reveal on the shrink’s couch. Not a problem for me, but what does count against it turns a bit rubbery when the air goes out of it in the drydown. Plus, disappointingly, after 2-3 hours it turns into a skin scent on me.
19th August, 2016
Real, authentic Chocolate...

This is one which to me reminds me of pure chocolate powder, a very dark and aromatic mix here. I find it very authentic in it's cacao note. I think this will appeal to people who love chocolate fragrances. I can't say I detect many of the other notes. I have found this is prominent for the first 2 hours on my skin, then dries down rapidly.

This is the first fragrance I've tried from Parfumerie Generale. A gourmand. I'm impressed, but wish this lasted longer. Not sure if I can recommend but I think it would please fans of chocolate greatly.
18th October, 2015
I first sampled this at Les Scenteurs in London. There were three men in the shop - all turned round and said 'you smell gorgeous' (or words to that effect). So, does it matter if you smell like chocolate milkshake with a cocoa dusting and a raspberry on top - or that men think you smell great. If the point of perfume is to chop it into components and judge it's artistry maybe this scent is simplistic and silly, but if it's to wordlessly alter the perceptions of oneself and others then this straightforward delicious juice has it nailed. And I like chocolate milkshake!
14th October, 2012
OH DEAR ! Wearing this clearly means "eat me !". I makes one smell like a very highly edible chocolate cake with a gorgeous milky vanillartouch and maybe a little red fruit (raspberries ?). I tried it on, looking for a scent for a man who loves chocolate, but I'm not sure he'd like to smell like he IS the chocolate. However, it is a delicious (...) scent on a very cold winter day in Paris : wearing it efficiently makes one feel warm. What excapes me is the name as there is to my mind nothing 'musky' in Musc Maori.
09th February, 2012

Add your review of Musc Maori 04

Shop for Musc Maori 04 products online

Member images of Musc Maori 04

There are no member images of Musc Maori 04 yet. Why not be the first?