Cozé 02 (2002)

HouseParfumerie Generale
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About Cozé 02

Cozé 02 is a masculine fragrance by Parfumerie Generale. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

Cozé 02 fragrance notes

Reviews of Cozé 02

Warm. Aromatic. Bittersweet. Narcotic. Hypnotic. Dusty. Woodsy. Musky. Masculine. Sweaty. Leathery. Raunchy. Dangerous...

I wore Coze for the first time the other day and it wasn't long before I had to stifle a chuckle. It was giving me a high.

"Gosh! This smells like...uhh...like you've been up to no good!"

Girls, remember those guys your mama warned you about? They smell like this.
27th February, 2017
Coze opens green / smoky and dries down to a herbal-spicy patchouli classical fragrance. Brutally masculine, old-stylish, playing in the same league as Caron's Yatagan.

Maybe I'm brainwashed by Thierry Mugler, but I don't see the patchouli-gourmand link here. I would never call this a gourmand.

Projection / sillage is hefty, the scent trail travels a long distance, the aroma "hangs" in the air like a cloud.

This is not my style at all. Coze evokes dark thoughts, in a bad way.

19th September, 2016
An exquisitely blended, almost sheer patchouli, Cozé is an ode to pleasure. It takes hefty notes, balances them perfectly against each other and presents them in a manner that is carefree and comforting. I keep returning to ‘almost sheer’ in my mind – I am astounded by the delicacy of touch.
The major accord is of a patchouli gourmand, sensual and satisfying – smooth sweetish patchouli united with bitter chocolate, a touch of dry coffee, and a dusty marriage of cured tobacco and vanilla. I don’t know how the heck Pierre Guillame keeps this dark and rich accord buoyant but he does. Against it revolve two contrasting impulses - one is of a lifting green via the declared note of hemp (but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were other sympathetic notes in there) and the other comes via wood notes that smell of bark that suck the sweetness from the patchouli and give it a licorice aspect.
For a patchouli-phobe like myself (I’m fine with it as a base note but shrink from it in a starring role) to be so struck by Cozé is saying something. I hope it is saying: ‘Please do try this for yourself as it is a delight’, and not: ‘This is a patchouli for wimps’. Marvellous stuff.
03rd June, 2016
Just lovely, masculine, contemplative bliss.
Not unlike Heeley's Phoenician melody, journey.
This though, is drier, dustier. Borders on sour. Any sugar is barely noted. It hits on the "high" points of wood, sawdust,Jasmine tea and Canadian tobacco, ethereal. Intoxicating, my brain cells say, orgasmic.
Goes to the top of my list, for procurement.
March 15,2016
Ordered one day, delivered the next.
Today March 16th, I spent the whole day "high" bathed in this. Bliss.
15th March, 2016 (last edited: 17th March, 2016)
Clove and smoky earthy patchouli dominate this odd but pleasant masculine scent. It's as if one is in the potting shed, mucking about, and brush accidentally against the blooming carnations.

Odd that I get none of the tobacco, chocolate, coffee and other gourmand notes. This is strictly clove and patchouli for my nose. I am briefly reminded fleetingly of Equipage and its clove/carnation note, although there is no comparison between Coze and that Hermes classic.

This strikes me as being a lovely room scent if one could spray it about. It clears the air and is bright and heady. Not something I would be interested in wearing though.
11th March, 2016
On my skin this is first of all a tobacco fragrance. The tobacco leaves are wet and fresh and pleasant smelling. Other notes include patchouli and spices to add complexity. It is one of the most pleasant tobacco fragrances I have tried. Long lasting.
19th March, 2015