Cologne Grand Siècle 07 (2005)
by Parfumerie Generale

Cologne Grand Siècle 07 information

Year of Launch2005

HouseParfumerie Generale
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About Cologne Grand Siècle 07

Cologne Grand Siècle 07 is a shared / unisex perfume by Parfumerie Generale. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

Cologne Grand Siècle 07 fragrance notes

Reviews of Cologne Grand Siècle 07

Lemon (a very nice lemon at that) that turns to a green accord in about 30 minutes. Great spring and summer scent. Not your average citrus lemon. Believe that. 7.5/10
01st April, 2015
drseid Show all reviews
Cologne Grand Siecle opens with a dead-on accurate super-natural blast of lemon. The lemon is sweetened just a hair to the point of reminding me a bit of the lemon drop candy I used to love when I was a kid. There are just the faintest hints of mild herbs and orange to back up the lemon, but make no mistake, this scent is all about the lemon and the rest of the notes barely are detectable. The citrus fades away within 30 minutes, and then unfortunately the scent is all but gone. The base is herbal and woody, but you barely can tell it is there it is so subtle. Projection and longevity are poor.

This scent has not gotten a lot of love here, and when I first tried my sample on, I was completely perplexed as to why. Its opening is so beautiful I find it hard to believe anyone could be put off by it, and it is so refreshing and invigorating that this makes the perfect cologne for use right after a good shave similar to Extract of West Indian Limes by Trumper. That is its biggest strength, and therein lies its weakness as well. It is absolutely incredible smelling like the Trumper scent, but also like the Trumper it disappears within a half hour of application making it worthless as a complete daily wear scent. It is that extreme lack of longevity that most likely is responsible for it not getting more support. I definitely understand that rationale, but if you can get past the longevity and projection issues and look at this as a quick pick-me-up, it really is an excellent smelling scent. 4 stars out of 5 and highly recommended if bought for what it really is -- a superb-smelling aftershave.
10th June, 2012
NevilleM Show all reviews
First impression is a combination of colours; grren and orange with a hint of yellow.
A cologne with definately tangerine (not orange) and a little sharp lemon. The green brings to mind tomato plants whilst the fruit is still green (which sets me a little on edge as I'm allergic to the plants).
It doesn't change character, it just fades. On me after 20 minutes it's all but gone; after an hour it's hard to detect where it was sprayed.
19th August, 2010
Ordered a sample.Couldn't wait to get it.I guess it was the thrill of trying something new.I thought with the price tag($120 for 50ml 1.7) it would be phenomenal.Not so.It' doen't smell bad at all but if your going to charge that much for that little I would prefer to smell it longer than 15 min on myself without sniffing myself.However longevity and silliage aside it smells great.
30th March, 2010 (last edited: 06th April, 2010)
Like with the opening of Trumpers GFT the lemon is fresh and uncomplicated, though not quite as bright or sharp. Within an hour all I'm left with is a lemony soap smell, a bit of a let down.
13th September, 2009 (last edited: 05th October, 2009)
This should be mentioned as a good lemon cologne. It is very fresh, and strong upon application, although I cannot attest to the longevity. The notes are primarily lemon, orange, and tangerine, and there is nothing else to interfere with their clarity, no vanilla, musk, amber, or wood lurking in the base. Only a clear citrus fragrance is imparted.
24th October, 2008

Add your review of Cologne Grand Siècle 07

Shop for Cologne Grand Siècle 07 products online

Search Amazon for Cologne Grand Siècle 07

Member images of Cologne Grand Siècle 07

There are no member images of Cologne Grand Siècle 07 yet. Why not be the first?