Neroli Portofino (2007)

Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Neroli Portofino

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Reviews of Neroli Portofino

I made a mistake and bought this. This is actually a cologne that is ... expensive. That's about it , it gets feedback if that means something to you. I personally prefer Mugler Cologne or Eau de Guerlain. Trying desperately to get rid of it.
21st February, 2015
I love the scent of this, but I wish it lasted on me and projected at all. The initial spray smells delectable, but the dry down smells weirdly like A&D ointment. I don't find that to be a negative, though, because it makes me think of my children.

All in all, I'm rather ambivalent about this one. Glad I did not purchase it.
03rd February, 2015
I can't make my mind up about this one. The best I can say is that it's "nice" - which is to say I'm damning it with faint praise. It's pleasant, and opens with a lovely flowing citrus note, then the herbal rosemary base opens up with a hint of lavender over the top. Everything smells very clean and a bit too safe. Longevity is not great - it's gone within a couple of hours. Basically, this is a mass market fragrance selling at a premium, niche price. There are FAR better fragrances in the Tom Ford Private Blend range - Oud Wood, for instance, is one of the best fragrances of the last twenty years - so try it before you buy it.
17th December, 2014
Opens with equal parts Dove soap and Ferre's Bergamotto Marino with hints of Mugler Cologne in the background... it smells like the most expensive soap in the world.

After a few minutes I get less Dove and more Mugler Cologne, only sharper and without the powder that eventually emerges with Cologne, as well as some subtle but very natural clementine notes.

It brings to mind sun, grassy fields, and citrus.

It's probably one of the best fragrances I've ever sampled...

...if only it stuck around for more than 20 minutes. After that it's a faded shadow of it's former self that only serves to remind you of how good it was when you put it on. The price tag is impossible to ignore as well; $150/ 1oz, $235/ 1.7oz CAD is ridiculous for such a poorly performing fragrance, even if it is done in a "traditional Cologne" style.

Neroli Portofino lifts you up into Heaven and then cruelly pulls you back down to Earth within moments.

It rates a solid, solid Positive for scent, but a low Neutral for performance.
08th December, 2014
I really did not like this one.

I gave a good spray on my wrist whilst out shopping and kept checking it during the day.

Nothing changed, it just stayed the same all day long, and what was there was not pleasant.

I just felt like something (perhaps a slug or snail) had crawled onto my wrist, died, and then fallen off a few hours later.

The resulting smell of what was left was Neroli Portofino.

I know this may seem like a very strange thing to say, but the scent of NP just put me in mind of "dead things", even though I don't really know what "dead things" smell like.

Maybe it's just me...
17th October, 2014
Yes indeed, this is in a similar vein as Mulger, 4711, Acqua di Parma Colonia, etc. However, Neroli Portofino is the only one out of all of the options that I tried that has the quality, silage, longevity, masculinity that I was looking for and it didn't leave me wishing for something more. And, while the scent isn't all that original or groundbreaking, there is something a bit more contemporary about Neroli Portofino that, while subtle, sets it apart from many of the "classics". I don't ever feel like I am wearing something old timey when I wear it. These things make it well worth the price, as far as I am concerned. If you like the Eau de Cologne style and want a fragrance that performs like more reliable fragrances that you may be used to, this is probably it.
28th July, 2014

Add your review of Neroli Portofino

Shop for Neroli Portofino products online

Shop for Neroli Portofino at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Neroli Portofino

Member images of Neroli Portofino

There are no member images of Neroli Portofino yet. Why not be the first?