Tuscan Leather (2007)

Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Tuscan Leather

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Reviews of Tuscan Leather

As an avid equestrienne, I had VERY high hopes for this fragrance. I imagined it would transport me to the tack rooms of my youth and more recent years. Instead, it left a retched stench on my hand that made me wish I could take a second shower.

Usually, I can deal with a scent I dislike, but this one turns my stomach. I am neurotic about high quality leather. The saddles I have purchased over the years could have been a VERY nice down payment on a very nice home. I have owned Italian leather boots, custom made for my foot and legs. I have owned Italian saddles. I have owned French saddles. What I am trying to impress upon the reader is this: I know leather and I know it WELL. This scent is NOT leather. I do not know what it is, but it is not properly tanned, high-quality, desirable leather.

This, it will not make the shelf.
24th July, 2015

The stuff of addiction.If you've ever wanted to be so classy, sophisticated and sensual that is intrigues your presence,much like JAMES BOND,then TUSCAN LEATHER TOM FORD would be your perfume of choice.The private Blend lineup is full of great choice like this one and Tobacco Vanille.this my new favorite is truly a gem because not many poople wear it and this smells far better than 90% of the fragrances out in the market today. TUSCAN LEATHER exudes class and demands the envy of others. Rich,Leathery,Smoky, Special,Bitter,Expensive,Addictive and Masterpiece.

This great fragrance opens with saffron and raspberry for a powerful introduction,before fading into a heart of jasmine and olibanum.finally leathery notes bring a warm masculinity to the base however it is a unisex but i found it more masculine than feminine. the dry down is absulutely definitely a perfume that can worn to formal prties and all formal occassions.the best seasons Autumn and Winter to wear it.ideal for a rich tycoon. everyone who thinks this kind of perfumes are too expensive and junky,then dosent have a right perception of essence of perfume world.expensive yes,but so worth smells like you spent a fortune on it and will leave you wanting to wear it day after day.Royal Enchanment in a bottle!

Longevity?+8 hourson my skin.

11th May, 2015
An impressive fragrance but eventually the syrupy raspberry and soft suede-like leather will stop calling to you. My bottle initially had a nice smoky opening, but as the fragrance level went slightly down, the smoke opening failed to show up.

Great longevity and projection. 3 sprays max for this one, 1 spray will do for most.

Great quality, decent value despite the high price. But you won't be reaching for this one often. Winter only in my view because it cuts a thick line in the air.
27th April, 2015
This cologne is REALLY incredible. The name describes it well.

The first time I sprayed it on, it hit me. reminded me of a very particular aroma.

When I was a kid, i remember trying to wear my grandpa's old leather bomber jacket. --You know, the type with the woolen collar? The jacket just had a smell, an aroma, an aura. It smelled like all the fun and cool things my grandpa liked to do. It smelled of tobacco pipe smoke, a gentleman's hint of some sort of booze, old exhaust-beaten leather and it smelled dirty, but earthen and not odorous.

I wish I could post an old photo of him in that jacket. The picture alone would exude "Tuscan Leather".

The dry down doesn't change the aroma as much as some other Tom Ford samples I've tried, it stays consistently the same type of aroma from start to finish. I really enjoyed it. 8/10 for me.
17th March, 2015 (last edited: 18th March, 2015)
A classically-masculine smooth leather, with elements of woodiness and smokiness. This mostly lives up to the hype, though I'm not surprised since most Tom Ford Private Blend fragrances impress on uniqueness or strength at least. As I'm not typically a fan of leather notes, I was surprised how agreeable this was. I cannot detect the raspberry note specifically, though some of the floral/grassy elements are there.

Projection and longevity are both strong (more than a foot, and 8+ hours), though not as a strong as other TF PB cold weather entries like Tobacco Vanille or Noir de Noir. Nonetheless, it's worth trying and considering, even for the price tag, as it's well-crafted and pretty highly-concentrated

If I were bigger on leather, I would surely opt for this. Any man should try it for himself, though, even those like me that are not usually too keen on leather.

8 out of 10
02nd March, 2015
This fragrance lived up to the hype for me, but was more refined and 'civil' than I had expected. Very little raspberry to my nose (and almost no smoke) with a prominent leather scent that's simultaneously raw yet soft.

Maybe my nose is going haywire, but on dry down I get pencil shavings, yet there's no cedar listed in the notes... maybe it's the olibanum + the styrax together? Regardless, it works. The leather and wood give me the ambience of a craftsman's workshop.

It's tenacious. I can't speak to projection/sillage, but it seems potent enough on my skin that I dare not more than two sprays.

Not complex at all yet seems perfectly blended... incredibly smooth yet the leather gives it a nice edge. The price hurts but I don't care -- I love this stuff.
25th February, 2015

Add your review of Tuscan Leather

Shop for Tuscan Leather products online

Shop for Tuscan Leather at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tuscan Leather

Member images of Tuscan Leather

There are no member images of Tuscan Leather yet. Why not be the first?