Oud Wood (2007)

About Oud Wood

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Oud Wood fragrance notes

Reviews of Oud Wood

Love the initial spray. Didn't seem to project well on my skin. I actually liked OW better when layered with Noir De Noir. This is coming from a person who isn't into layering. One morning I sprayed this on and it seemed like it needed something else. NDN was the answer. They both seem to compliment each other when worn.
23rd October, 2015
I have to agree with the "rubbery/plastic vibe" perceptions made in some of the other reviews here. I really wanted to like this based on the positive reviews I've read, but after trying it for a few days I just didn't get it.

Very subtle scent overall. I get a bit of woods, pepper, rubbery benzoin/vanilla, and a soapy feel. Cost for 50ml in Canada with tax is almost $300. I returned my bottle. Smells more like a $10 drugstore splash cologne to me.

Sorry folks :(
10th October, 2015
Like most TF fragrances, the sum of the parts equal a linear almost one note jus.

My first impression was Brillo pads (Google is your friend). And I thought why would I want to smell like scouring powder and steel wool? Then your nose picks up the nuances and then you can't get enough of it.

Nasal fatigue comes quick so for those who think this has longevity and projection issues, be rest assured others can smell it on you. I spray liberally.
30th June, 2015
I love this one. The intense woods bind together with the cardamom, tonka and vanilla(and benzoin?) to a round and persistant chord from the beginning all the way through the drydown.
The oud, peppers and the fleeing top notes(i can't really put my finger on what it is) provide some energy and variation, but it's the linear quality of that main chord that keeps me returning to this reliable fragrance.
13th April, 2015
My first time wearing any type of oud, and I am extremely impressed and satisfied.

This is a very masculine scent, very clean up front but with a warmth to it that smells earthy and refined. I don't smell smokiness in it, per se, but maybe the smell of charred wood that's become wet by rain. Earl grey tea/bergamot notes as well, which i quite enjoy. Simply put; dry, clean and manly.

Longevity is good. The scent, for me, seems consistently the same from the time you spray it on until well after dry down. Sillage seems fairly low to me; the lovely aroma stays right with you. (Tobacco Vanille seems much the same, people could smell it up-close but not so much from a distance.)

Great scent. I'm glad I tried it. 9/10 for me.
19th March, 2015
Excellent stuff, though I did not like it on initial application, seemed another boring woody / Oudy composition but after a few wearings it becomes the most favourite TomFord replacing TF Extreme.

Dont Know about others but I do get a similar vibe with Amouage Dia in the far drydown. Lovely blending and quality material probably from Givaudan.

To all those(like me) who dont like Oud in its full , I would recommend to give it a try.
29th January, 2015