Oud Wood (2007)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Oud Wood information

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Reviews of Oud Wood

Showing 1 to 6 of 68 reviews.

Classyscents's avatar
    Classyscents

I have the 12ml bottle from the 5 pack sampler and this scent is amazinggg. Wood, spice, oud, vanilla. This has everything any man should wear. It is real good on its on but with the other private blends (love the sampler) layered over it is on of the best smells there is. The only reason I do not own more is I need the 100ml bottle and I need at least tobacco vanille or Tuscan leather 100ml. Either of those combos, or all three, is like whoa... I feel like my own perfumer ever time I finish. Some synthetic components but I just love this scent.

So yea. This is a crucial piece of the puzzle and a very expensive one, at least in my opinion. This scent is a must for my collection, eventually....

20th March, 2014

OdilonRedon's avatar
    OdilonRedon

My overwhelming reaction to this was 'soapy.' There is oud, or some simulacrum thereof; there's a bit of sandalwood, a bit of cedar, and... soap. A quite conventional, masculine concoction. Ennui instead of amazement. It should be said, though, that on a day of sampling that had me wearing some quite unbelievably expensive scents, this was the one that everyone else liked best. Which says something, I suppose...

16 March, 2014

FumeHood's avatar
    FumeHood
    Brazil Brazil

Many fragrances seem to reference this when describing their "oud variety." Cheap middle eastern oils try to mimic this smell. Fine, so it defines a category in the multi-faceted spectrum of Oud. Funny thing... most of those other fragrances are superior, last 10x longer, and sell at half the price.

This is certainly a comfortable, unoffensive, dark and woody oud (with no animalic or barnyard qualities) for the 15 minutes of its life span. It reminds me of the sandlewoody base of Memoir man or the synthetic warmth (and remarkably un-band-aid-y quality) of Dark Aoud by Montale. Safe, for sure, but I would need to wear 20ml a day to remember that I was wearing this at all by high noon.

Yawn.

13 February, 2014

marcuslaughter's avatar
    marcuslaughter

great on its own, and even better when mixed with other fragrances from the private blend line, I would not want to do without this in my collection.

24 December, 2013

Kain's avatar
    Kain
    Iran Iran

This is a great and classy masculine fragrance and I like it so much.
    The opening is a really rich and bold, but at the same time non aggressive combination of oud, brazilian rosewood, some spices and a little bit of sweetness.
    The oud note smell really good, oily and quality.
    There is brazilian rosewood as well that give the scent a sharp and semi fresh woody feeling.
    There are some spices and some sweetness from amber but they are mostly in the background.
    Something that I really love about the scent is the balance of the notes. just masterfully done by Tom Ford.
    In the mid and base I can smell a beautiful creamy sandalwood mixed with some oud and rosewood.
    Longevity is great and projection is good.
    It's not something very unique and different but amazing quality and great balance of the notes is the reason why you're paying this price.

23 December, 2013

jjmoney's avatar
    jjmoney

I really like this juice. It stood out from an "oud notes" sampler pack and I kept coming back to it, now I am applying it regularly. I have purchased a decant now and will likely work my way up to a full bottle. I may experiment with spiking this with oud oil as well.

It works good on my skin. It's a little powdery/astringent on the opening, but I keep picking up great notes of amber, tonka?, vanilla?, spicy earthy oils, etc as it wears on. Longevity isn't huge, but the drydown is great and that to me is what's important.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a sample for anyone that is interested in the published scent notes of this fragrance.

05 December, 2013