Oud Wood (2007)

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Shop for Oud Wood products online

$516.17*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 330.00)
    $222.11*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 142.00)
    $207.95*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 132.95)

Reviews of Oud Wood

Showing 1 to 6 of 72 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

Oud Wood is more about woods than oud; it opens with a balsamic, somehow cold and almost “piney” blast of aromatic wood, supported by a quite realistic almondy tonka note, vanilla and just a shade of oud. The wood here is really invigorating, fresh, much aromatic too, in a way I almost never smelled it before. Plus, the texture is really peculiar in my opinion: Oud Wood is not as much sweet or “rich” as it may seem, on the contrary it appears to be really sharp, clean, thin, “woody” in a realistic, but slightly “industrial” meaning, if that makes sense (think of Ikea furniture). The name as I said is a bit misleading to me, as the oud is far less detectable than the wood; and also it has the same features of the oud in M7, which means it’s not the usual dark-rubbery-smoked and “animalic” note we’re used to, but here is rather more oily, nutty, slightly medicinal, and more “bright” than you may imagine. It is a bit smoky, but in a far more gentle way than usual. Overall Oud Wood is a really pleasant, versatile, masculine and easy going scent: it is classy, but at the same time “generic” enough to be safe for anyone in any situation. Actually perhaps one of the most generic and less creative among the Private Blend line for what I’ve tested so far – I don’t mean to say that with a negative connotation. Finally, I must agree with what several other reviewers stated: it is quite close to skin and the longevity on skin is really unacceptable for the price, while on clothes it lasts longer and projects quite well. A nice fresh and refined Oriental woody scent unworthy the cost in my opinion, but a nice one I’d keep and use if someone gave it to me as a gift.

6,5-7/10

10th January, 2015

Chanel1's avatar

This smells good, but it's too light. It becomes a skin scent with no projection too quickly for me, but for someone who wants something light, this one smells good.

25th December, 2014

manicboy's avatar

Does Tom Ford really need to tell us that Oud is "Wood"? Not really but it was 2007 and Oud was not yet a household name like it is today. Tommy was early to the Oud band-wagon as now everybody and their brother (Ferrari anyone?) has an Oud fragrance. Synthetic oud oil must be getting cheap these days.

That said, is Oud Wood any good? Yes, it is quite nice but not compelling, especially at $215/50ml. The opening is a strident cardamon accord that comes across as almost fruity. I can't really detect detect much else at this point save for the approaching oud. Of course, the cardamon fades into the subtle oud (yes, it's soft and supple). The oud is warm and not animalic at all like other ouds I have smelled. Tommy really rounded off the raw edges of the oud with a touch of sweetness from a bit of amber and tonka. The base lasts forever and smells quite distinctive and suave. Not very complex but I'm more than impressed with the quality of it all (a few sprays last all day).

Would I pay retail for this? No, but if it's discounted then I'm game. Other than that, I'll stick with Montale's take on oud as they're just as good and much cheaper.

19th September, 2014

jumpfrog's avatar

I wanted to like this fragrance so badly. Having been an avid wearer of M7 for so long now, I thought I would check out what Tom Ford came up with again. First of all - where is the oud?? Where is the wood?? It just doesn't come through enough for me. This fragrance lacks the oomph I expected. It is too sweet, too timid, too tame and too apologetic. Sillage is poor. Longevity is very poor. Overall, it just lacks the complexity and backbone I was hoping for.

03rd August, 2014 (Last Edited: 06th August, 2014)

Classyscents's avatar

I have the 12ml bottle from the 5 pack sampler and this scent is amazinggg. Wood, spice, oud, vanilla. This has everything any man should wear. It is real good on its on but with the other private blends (love the sampler) layered over it is on of the best smells there is. The only reason I do not own more is I need the 100ml bottle and I need at least tobacco vanille or Tuscan leather 100ml. Either of those combos, or all three, is like whoa... I feel like my own perfumer ever time I finish. Some synthetic components but I just love this scent.

So yea. This is a crucial piece of the puzzle and a very expensive one, at least in my opinion. This scent is a must for my collection, eventually....

20th March, 2014

OdilonRedon's avatar

My overwhelming reaction to this was 'soapy.' There is oud, or some simulacrum thereof; there's a bit of sandalwood, a bit of cedar, and... soap. A quite conventional, masculine concoction. Ennui instead of amazement. It should be said, though, that on a day of sampling that had me wearing some quite unbelievably expensive scents, this was the one that everyone else liked best. Which says something, I suppose...

16th March, 2014

Add your review of Oud Wood

Search for on eBay United States

TOM FORD PERFUMES. CHOOSE FROM 23 SCENTS. ATOMIZER SPRAY SIZE 2ml.
    • Time Left: 9 days
    Lots Of 10X Tom Ford Oud Wood Eau De Parfum Vaporisateur Spray 1.5ml/.05oz ea
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 2 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    TOM FORD OUD WOOD 15ml (15 ML) / 0.5 Oz EDP (Eau De Parfum) FRAGRANCE SPRAY !!
    • Time Left: 22 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Discontinued & Rare Tom Ford OUD WOOD 10ml (10 ML) / 0.34 Oz Fragrance Spray !!
    • Time Left: 5 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Noir De Noir, Oud Wood, Tuscan Leather- 48 ML / 1.6 Oz
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now