Tobacco Vanille (2007)

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Shop for Tobacco Vanille products online

$516.17*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 330.00)
    $222.11*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 142.00)
    $207.95*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 132.95)

Reviews of Tobacco Vanille

Showing 1 to 6 of 149 reviews.

JEDI 2.0's avatar

I 100% agree with taint it sweet; the opening spray-on is the absolute best it will ever smell, then it fades to more vanilla, less tobacco.

I have always been partial to clean, fresh smelling colognes and this is my first attempt at wearing anything containing vanilla, and this may sound odd but I was leery about wearing something with tobacco notes, having quit smoking about three years ago. But as it turns out, i wear this scent quite well, I enjoy it, and it's quite subtle and blends with my natural odor as the day progresses.

Longevity is nice and the sillage is low for something that smells so good and lasts so long, the scent really stays with you.

My new favorite, for sure. Too bad I can only afford to buy 4ml at a time, hahah! 10/10 for me.

17th March, 2015 (Last Edited: 18th March, 2015)

sarlac1's avatar

This is what George Bailey would have been wearing in "It's a Wonderful Life".

11th March, 2015

ringthane's avatar

My first foray into the world of fragrances. And what a way to be initiated!

Opens with very little tobacco for me, which may be good or bad, depending on your tastes. A wet, moist tobacco, along with some dried fruit and a hint of spice (cinnamon?) backed by a boatload of vanilla/tonka. Once the tobacco quickly fades I'm left with a vanilla sugar cookie and eggnog vibe.

This is a one spray frag for me. I don't find it cloying, but it is a tad sweet, and two sprays can be overwhelming.

At times, I question whether I should have bought this as my first frag, as it's not 'versatile', but the proof is in the quality -- I continually come back to TV because it smells so incredibly good and versatility be damned. Longevity is at least 12 hours for me, and by hour 15-16 it's in skin scent territory. The next morning and the wonderful scent still lingers.

Looking for serious tobacco? I don't think Tobacco Vanille is for you. As it's blended, though, it fits me like a glove.

My first fragrance, and definitely could be my last. 9/10.

05th March, 2015

meddle's avatar

It was what I expected from a fragrance called "Tobacco Vanilla" The longevity is wonderful 7+ hours on my skin, longer on my clothes...but be careful, it stains. I do notice the tobacco fade after 3 or 4 hours. The vanilla and spices in the final dry down do not come across as fake or imitation to me. Had this fragrance been less expensive to purchase I am inclined to believe the negative and neutral reviewers would be more forgiving. I get nothing but compliments with this. I enjoy wearing it very much for leisure.

22nd February, 2015

taint it sweet's avatar

The opening is one of my favorite openings of any of my colognes. I love it. The problem is that it then turns into a strong vanilla scent without enough tobacco. The only thing that keeps this from being a 10 is the dry down. This is something I wish they would actually reformulate to include a stronger tobacco note throughout.

12th January, 2015 (Last Edited: 11th January, 2015)

LJM's avatar

I'll start with the positives.. First off the vanilla note in this fragrance is lovely, reminds me exactly of the vanilla note in Noir de Noir and for me the longevity and projection was excellent. I applied a small amount of this (can't say exactly because it was a splash sample and not an atomizer) but it was only a 0.5ml sample and I applied around a 5th of that. It was still going strong when I decided to have a shower 9 hours later. For me this is where the positives end, the spices in this are just completely overwhelming. When it was first applied I felt like I was getting a spicy/sweet tobacco and I was happy with it as I thought this was going to dry down into a creamier vanilla but that spices just never left the whole day, whenever I kept getting a whiff all I could think about was that spices! Just completely overwhelming and not what I was expecting. It actually ended up giving me a very sore head, it was that strong.

I actually wanted to give this a negative review when I'd finished with it but I figured that I couldn't whilst the projection and longevity were so good. Somebody who actually likes this scent would have a great fragrance on their hands but personally I just couldn't stand it.

23rd December, 2014

• Time Left: 29 days
    TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND TOBACCO VANILLE 20ML ORIGINAL ATOMIZER
    • Time Left: 10 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille 100 mL 3.4 oz Private Blend - 97 mL remaining in bottle
    • Listing Type: Auction
    TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND TOBACCO VANILLE 4ML EAU DE PARFUM FREE SHIP
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 9 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    TOM FORD PERFUMES. CHOOSE FROM 23 SCENTS. ATOMIZER SPRAY SIZE 2ml.
    • Time Left: 9 days

Member images of Tobacco Vanille

There are no member images of Tobacco Vanille yet. Why not be the first?