Noir de Noir (2007)

About Noir de Noir

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Noir de Noir fragrance notes

Reviews of Noir de Noir

Yes it's unisex, yes it's gorgeous!
Simply stunning perfume.
2 notes dominate but they work incredible together; Black Roses & dark chocolate.
Not sweet, cloying or sickly, but literally the smell of roses dipped in the finest dark chocolate.
The fragrance envelopes you with a density I've only felt with Black Afgano, wearing this feels almost ethereal
22nd September, 2017
This was one of the first scents I bought after discovering basenotes about a year ago. It's been shelved for the summer months, and since my tastes have been rapidly evolving due to testing many different things, I was wondering if I'd still like this when I got it back out last week.

The answer is yes. I think this is beautiful, and I love wearing it in cold and rainy fall weather. It's a dark, velvety rose; a deep dusky purple with bright burgundy edges. I don't get the chocolate reference as much as others seem to do, but the vanilla is clearly there. It's not too sweet, and together with the patchouli and dusty saffron it creates an earthy backdrop for the rich rose.

I've smelled quite a few fragrances that are similar to this (Juliette has a gun's Lady Vengeance being the most obvious smell-alike), but I always prefer Noir de Noir.
08th September, 2017
All the ingredients and notes that people mention I totally get ..I've experienced red wine some days and other days I've got a clear sense of oud, but mainly I always detect a chocolatey/vanilla rose that must be brought about by patchouli. I could really see a sophisticated gentleman wearing this, it smells very decidant and alluring, equally an interesting female could wear this, (those with a 50's poka dot style) , perfect for a country house wedding or dates. I do get this image of a romantic Fortnam and Masons style picnic in some London park, an amateur cricket game going on in the background. If noir de noir can provoke my imagination so positively it's surely a winner for me. Expensive but worth it on this occasion I think.
01st September, 2017
May be the name Noir de noir (as opposed but compared to Blanc de blanc) mislead me, but I smelled a gorgeous red wine in the opening. Then it faded a bit and went all about patchouli, wood and rose. I love it!
04th August, 2017
Noir de Noir, a rose fragrance with patchouli and truffle. I'm not into Turkish Delight or rose flavored truffles for that matter. I can tell that Elizabeth & James Nirvana Rose used Noir de Noir in some ways as a template. Noir de Noir is better made, but it's still not my style. Of the rose centric fragrances I've tried, Rose Flash by Andy Tauer is the one I've felt was the most accessible on my skin, but Royal Mayfair by Creed is the fragrance with a rose note that I've enjoyed the most out of all the rose notes for men that I've tried. Noir de Noir is for some, just not for me.
18th April, 2017
Dark is what this one is!! Noir de Noir is a foreboding, intensely rich oud experience with lovely rose and mossiness within. NdN must be worn in moderation, lest you chase others away with the sharp sensation of this Eau de Parfum!

I detected this on a lady coworker who’d worn it so well. I don’t know if I could do the same, though this scent is presented as unisex.

As a man, I’d rather turn to oud scents like Versace pour Homme Oud Noir, Atelier Cologne Oud Saphir, Zegna Indonesian Oud, Kilian Incense Oud, Black is Black Modern Oud, Dunhill Icon Absolute, or even Ralph Lauren’s Polo Supreme Oud in order to experience a more relatable, balanced oud.
24th March, 2017

Add your review of Noir de Noir

Shop for Noir de Noir products online

Shop for Noir de Noir at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Noir de Noir

Member images of Noir de Noir

There are no member images of Noir de Noir yet. Why not be the first?