Noir de Noir (2007)
    by Tom Ford (orig. by Harry Frémont)

• Launched: 2007
    • Type: Shared / Unisex / Unspecified
    • Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Noir de Noir information

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Reviews of Noir de Noir

Showing 1 to 6 of 40 reviews.

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

Woody-rose plus vanilla and patchouli. I'm not a fan of half the notes involved here but there's something so nailed about Noir De Noir that makes it impossible for me to dislike it. Thick but not heavy handed, good balance between the earthy notes and the sweet ones. Satisfying performance.

Maybe if smelled today for the first time, it might result a bit too stereotyped but still pretty darned good if you're fine with the price tag and a tad of decadence.

16 April, 2014

julesinrose's avatar
    julesinrose

I do not know why anyone who doesn't like rose would review a rose based scent. It'd be like me going to a restaurant and reviewing a dish with salmon in it. I know ahead of time that I'll hate it.

Anyway, as a lover of rose, I do think Noir de Noir is a gorgeous fragrance. I find most rose scents to either be too loud and fake or too light and girly for my taste. I am always looking for a good realistic rose that has that something extra to make it more interesting than just a good soliflore. I am always looking for rose scents that smell as good as the wild rugosa roses that grow in abundance where I live, and I had given up on that search. Until now. Noir de Noir is that.

It reminds me a little of the original YSL Paris, or at least my memory of it. One big difference, however, is that Noir de Noir is NOT a sillage monster, nor does it have much sillage at all. Noir de Noir may be a dark rose, with its notes of chocolate, but it is essentially a skin scent. On top of that, it is a fleeting one. It last at most a few hours on my skin, but those are a lovely few hours. My only real complaint about Noir de Noir is that the price tag is hefty for such a short lived fragrance. On the other hand, there is nothing fake smelling here, and I hear (and believe) that this has a high quantity of natural ingredients.

So, if you love rose, I highly recommend this one!

28 March, 2014

Kain's avatar
    Kain
    Iran Iran

If you're following my reviews, you know that I don't like rose and rose based fragrances at all.
    There is no big difference here.
    I can copy/paste my review about "Montale Black Aoud" here because both have the same DNA and again it gives me that holy shrine and funeral feeling and personally I can't stand it!
    This fragrance opens up with strong and sweet and almost chocolaty rose note with some patchouli in the background.
    Where is oud in this fragrance?!
    If you found it, give him my best!
    Only thing that I can smell is strong and sweet rose and vanilla combo and some patchouli that give the scent only a kick and a sharp edge.
    I know many folks out there will find this fragrance sexy, but I found it annoying! sorry guys.
    You will have this sweet and almost chocolaty rose scent till the end.
    No big changes.
    Only in last hour of the scent on your skin and when It's going to die, you can smell a little stronger patchouli that has slightly earthy feeling.
    Both projection and longevity is really good.
    Again, not for me!

01st February, 2014

RichNTacoma's avatar
    RichNTacoma

Rich, sexy, wonderful

I am new to fragrances, but so far, this is my favorite. I love the rich rose notes, and the chocolate like notes. It is by far the most sensual sent that I have tired; it is what I have been looking for without even knowing it. Great longevity; it last up to 8 hours on my skin, projects well, and grows in complexity over time.

04 July, 2013

reveillee's avatar
    reveillee

To my nose it is similar to a little darker Aoud Damascus by Montale which I love. At first I thought this scent was good but not great. As the drydown continued to make its presence I became more enthraled with the scent. To me this is not a "dark" scent and is nothing like Black Aoud.
    9/10 and a must try

15 March, 2013

fragranceismusic's avatar
    fragranceismusic

I like this one okay. It's grown on me since the first time I smelled it in Saks. It's very inky, sweet, and rich. I like the hint of dark rose and the chocolate I get, but it's a little too strong and sweet for me. Like most TF's, I also find it to be pretty one-dimensional. Tobacco Vanille remains the only Tom Ford Private Blend that I really think is worth the price. They're all so strong, singular, and smell pretty synthetic to my nose. Just my humble opinion...

15 March, 2013