Amber Absolute (2007)

About Amber Absolute

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Amber Absolute fragrance notes

Reviews of Amber Absolute

Tom Ford Amber Absolute perhaps is as known as much for its power as it is for its quality, falling into the group of Private Blend fragrances (like Tobacco Vanille and Noir de Noir) that are regarded as extremely powerful for EDPs.

The note breakdown is relatively simple and straightforward: amber, incense, vanilla, labdanum, and woody notes. Overwhelming, the amber, vanilla, and incense dominate the experience of the fragrance. In essence, it's a pure expression of amber mixed with the sweeter vanilla and the spicier/floral elements as well.

I compared Amber Absolute to a few other amber fragrances (Tauerville Amber Flash, By Kilian Amber Oud, Le Labo Benjoin 19), and what's obvious about Amber Absolute is that it's perhaps the sweetest amber-dominant fragrances I've ever tried (while still being spicy and smoky due to the incense).

I have a 30ml decant but intend to buy a full bottle as the 2015 release is a limited edition, still, to my knowledge, available only at Neiman Marcus / Bergdorf Goodman in the US, and it's not difficult to imagine that it'll be discontinued again as the 2007 was.

Again, one of the great performers of all time and certainly of the TFPB, and a must-try for amber lovers and lovers of sweet gourmand winter fragrances alike. Superb.

10 out of 10
29th August, 2017
Went for a Tom Ford fragrance marathon in Paris last August and snagged a 50 ml of this. Pricey. Why didn't I get two or find the 100 ml.
Excellent all the way around and probably my fave TF over the Tuscan Leather and the Noir Extreme, although I haven't secured the TV, opting for the Eau des Baux instead.
Almost gone and lamenting.
21st June, 2017
I went to a cocktail party wearing six (!) sprays of Amber Absolute... Everybody (men and women) seemed to want to talk to me.
20th February, 2016
Huge Tom Ford frag fan in general. The re-release of AA in 2015 has made for an absolutely outrageous scent. This is sex in a bottle. It's the perfect scent for covering up dirty deeds and makes you smell very, very expensive.

I have been experimenting with ambers recently; I usually find them too cloying. This frag, however, is: long lasting, exotic, complex, and sensual. It is also mature without smelling old; in other words, this is pretty sophisticated for a youngish person to successfully pull off. I can imagine it smelling fantastic on a man as well. One of the few frags I have put on that my BF has commented on... he couldn't keep his nose away from my neck the first time I wore it.

This is powerful stuff and you should be careful where you wear it. A NSFW scent, I think. A little goes a long way. Immaculate!
18th October, 2015
Tom fords amber absolute is one of the best amber money can buy! I really love this fragrance.
12th September, 2015 (last edited: 15th September, 2015)
Reminds me slightly of Ambre Nuit or Mitzah but slightly sweeter. Nice fragrance IMO. I see why this one gets a lot of hype. Wish I would have sprayed more on my arm. A nice light incense is in here as well as a nice dose of vanilla in the drydown. 8/10

Now that I own a full bottle, I've also noticed that AA smells a lot like Ambre Sultan. Very identical.
17th August, 2015 (last edited: 19th September, 2015)

Add your review of Amber Absolute