Amber Absolute (2007)

About Amber Absolute

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Amber Absolute fragrance notes

Reviews of Amber Absolute

Tom fords amber absolute is one of the best amber money can buy! I really love this fragrance.
12th September, 2015 (last edited: 15th September, 2015)
Reminds me slightly of Ambre Nuit or Mitzah but slightly sweeter. Nice fragrance IMO. I see why this one gets a lot of hype. Wish I would have sprayed more on my arm. A nice light incense is in here as well as a nice dose of vanilla in the drydown. 8/10

Now that I own a full bottle, I've also noticed that AA smells a lot like Ambre Sultan. Very identical.
17th August, 2015 (last edited: 19th September, 2015)
surge Show all reviews
This one holds a special place in my heart, it's the first ever private blend that I purchased back in 2008 when the line debuted. I read an article in some magazine talking about how amazing it was; the author said this one and Tobacco Vanile were his favorite; I decided on AA to be the first purchase and planned on buying TV later on.
When I first got it, I opened the box and sprayed it on a tissue, and smelled...and I immediately gasped...I thought it smelled absolutely awful. I was very disappointed in myself for blind buying it, and I was basically pissed off at the world at that point, especially at the guy who wrote the article :P I put the tissue down and forgot about it, and I left the room. Came back about ~45 minutes later and something caught my was a very faint vanilla incense that blew me was the tissue I had sprayed earlier! I sprayed some on my hand and again hated the opening, but after awhile it really started to smell magnificent. Eventually I learned to appreciate the opening and the entirety of the absolute masterpiece.
Boggles my mind why this one got discontinued. It's one of the highest rated private blends on this site and other fragrance based websites, there are tons of threads on it and multiple youtube videos and magazine articles...I doubt they'll ever bring it back, but one can hope...
05th June, 2015
Emoe Show all reviews
i got a sample of this with a purchase of another Amber frag, and thought, huh, Tom Ford, this will be another one i wont like.
i was wrong.
first impressions were nothing great, the top notes didnt hit me and shout BUY ME, but as it dried down, i was encapsulated in a gourmand woody amber sheath, which personally i LOVE!
Definently a must have for me, just so sad its discontinued. thankfully, i have 50ml of it!
19th May, 2015
Reading the reviews of Amber Absolute is testimony to the fact that our individual senses of smell are unique. It is alternately described as:

Butter Scotch
Air freshener
Wood Shop
Pink Sugar

I get tons of Labdanum and love it. Labdanum, incense, and woods. Absolutely beautiful and, to me, unique. Both sillage and longevity are outstanding.

This is one of my all-time favorites and one of the few fragrances with which I find absolutely no deficiencies.

Pros: Everything
Cons: Discontinued
11th May, 2015
This is just too sickly and overpowering for me....not my vibe at all.
17th March, 2015