OS Signature by Old Spice (2006)
    by Procter & Gamble

Average Rating: 3

Based on 32 ratings

OS Signature by Old Spice Fragrance Notes

OS Signature by Old Spice information

OS Signature by Old Spice is a men's fragrance by Procter & Gamble. The scent was launched in 2006

Reviews of OS Signature by Old Spice

Showing 1 to 6 of 13 reviews.

Parallel Bisector's avatar

This is the perfect Class/Work frag for anyone 16-25ish. When I used to wear this I would get stopped all the time by men and women asking what I was wearing, sooo many compliments. It has a very mainstream scent and is very linear but just about everyone I've asked about it loves it. Longevity really is terrible though (2hrs tops for me), so always keep the bottle with you for several re-applications throughout the day.

05th December, 2010

shamu1's avatar

I have a bottle of this that's been sitting in a storage box for a couple of years, and I dusted it off tonight to give it another whirl.

I agree that this is a pretty mainstream fresh sporty woody citrus scent, but it's a bit more interesting than most. What separates OS from most boring sport fragrances is the way it blends its marine note with the cedar in the base. Together, the marine and cedar notes give OS a sort of olfactory illusion of oakmoss - to me, OS smells more mossy than aquatic, and that's its biggest appeal for me.

The problem is that this illusory oakmoss smells pretty synthetic, and after about an hour or two, OS becomes tiresome to wear. OS isn't a bad scent by any means, and it has some potential, but its oily synthetic feel wore me out.

MY RATING: 5.5/10

04th December, 2010

fumadragon's avatar

A damn shame this one was discontinued. A sharp, clean scent that suggest refined taste and sophistication. Great for the work place or making a strong, confident impression.

15th March, 2010

ortho123's avatar

The opening is simply Givenchy Blue Label and then it changes. Like an olfactory illusion pine grapefruit and what are presumably the water flowers add up to a kind of overripe plush cantelope. I walked this one around and didn't like it. Sure there are certain now stock brief pirecings of wood notes before this. But it blends and I was almost longing for coriander and stock sour notes. It lasts into something like a watered down bad imitation of Xeryus plus the beginnings of B.O....I guess that's the "unique" part.

29th July, 2009

DietBakingSoda's avatar

This has been remarkably hard for me to track down in my area, which that made me rather hastily snag it when I happened uppon it in a CVS pharmacy on the richer side of town. I'm rather sorry I did.

I have a cursed skin chemistry, it seems, as any and all fragrances that might break down into unpleasant smells always do for me. This one took longer than most, maybe half an hour, before degrading into a burning ziploc bag...

The problem is that it doesn't smell to me anything like what the above pyramid describes. After the (rather uninteresting, but not unpleasant) blast of random florals I got a very interesting combination of CURRY SPICES. Not pine, ceadarwood, musk, but instead a very distinct corriander, cumin, and the like. If that's what it was meant to smell like, then bravo - very dry, dusty, and delightfully odd.

26th July, 2009

gekko's avatar

I bought a bottle of this for $5 on the clearance rack in Target and, for the price, it is a great cologne. I've tried quite a few marine colognes and, while this one definitely fits into that category, it has a strong base to it that smells very unique. It lasts for a long time as well, so this is definitely one of the best colognes in terms of dollars per use you can find.

23rd May, 2009