Cassis Rose
    by Body Shop

Average Rating: 3

Based on 26 ratings

Cassis Rose information

Cassis Rose is a women's fragrance by Body Shop.

Reviews of Cassis Rose

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.

jeanie's avatar

Very strong dark rose, just a bit too strong and sweet for me as I like a lighter, softer fragrance for rose

23 September, 2008

hester's avatar

South Africa South Africa

Hmmmm. Thought I loved it, went through most of a bottle, and now can't really stand it. A very sweet, tangy rose, much too much of both aspects. No depth, but massive stayingpower, ie. it does not leave, ever. But it also doesn't dry down, so if the opening notes bother you with their sharpness, you'll be bothered for many hours. Nope, the somewhat lacklustre perfumery powers of Body Shop do not get better with time.

08 August, 2008

shiv's avatar

I love rose scents, but find most to be overtly sweet and powdery or too deep and dank. Cassis Rose by Body Shop is a scent that has managed to bring the lighter, flirtier side of roses out. I love the opening fruity notes of cranberry. The middle floral notes of violet, freesia and (of course) cassis rose are fresh and not too dark. The bottom notes of musk add just the right amount of depth to a perfume that can be worn out during the day or night time. It's a bit reminiscent of Stella McCartney's 'Stella' because of the rose and musk notes, but it's not as strong and is more versatile.

Also something to note, I've noticed a slight difference in the Cassis Rose Body spray from the perfume. The former seems to have some greener notes in it that the perfume doesnt have.

15 May, 2008

lavenderose's avatar

Singapore Singapore

I am not normally a fan of fruity or sweet scents because I prefer floral scents. However, Cassis Rose has managed to balance the floral, fruity and sweet scents rather well. I do find it pricy for a Body Shop product. In Australia, it is retailing at A$24.95 for a 30ml bottle. I know that Body Shop premises its prices on cummunity/fair trade, I am not sure if I believe that their goods are worth the prices that are charged.

25 October, 2006