Lonestar Memories (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Lonestar Memories

Lonestar Memories is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

Lonestar Memories fragrance notes

Reviews of Lonestar Memories

Another Tauer creation to try. Tauer seems highly regarded in the fragrance community, but I'm not really sure what it is that people really like. I get the imagination of his works. I like that. Here's the concept for this one: "The scent of a lonesome rider, wearing old jeans and leather jacket, after a long day on the horse in the dry woods, preparing his coffee on the open, smoky fire".

But Tauer's creations seem to have this gross pink bubblegum / candy floss note. Is that part of the fixitives or base ingredients he uses? That note that both sweetens and ruins it in. Same with desert morocaine. What exactly is that 'house note' ?

I detect the leather, a little bit of spice, the sweetness of the bubblegum, and of course the tire smell. This one does remind me of a broken in saddle. Sort of. I actually think user TallulahRose got it right - this actually smells just like Canadian Tire, the store. So this is more like "the scent of a lonesome rider, heading into Canadian Tire after a long day working on his car to cash in his Canadian Tire money on an air freshener."

This stuff is also very tenacious, and seems to get sweeter and sweeter as the day goes on. After 4 hours now, I think it's time to scrub. Sorry Andy, another miss in my opinion!
23rd February, 2015
A powerful leather/rubber scent. It projects well on me and is long lasting. I don't know if it is my skin - but I get more rubber than leather notes. The same actually happens with Knize Ten (while Knize Ten Golden is leather on my skin). What can I say - this fragrance evokes petrol-rubber-leather, and one can imagine perhaps being part of a SM session.. It is an interesting fragrance, though only for special occasions.
13th December, 2014
I love this and it just lasts forever. Redolent of burning rubber it's not for every occasion. Certainly stands out from the run of the mill perfumes.
11th July, 2014
Excellent. Definitely a brother/sister to LADDM. To my nose a cross between LADDM and Jeke. Wore it for the first time yesterday and kept smelling my wrist all day. Probably not for everyone, especially those who most admire the popular, mass-produced "safe" fragrances. If you want to smell great while standing out from the crowd, this may be for you. Since not everyone will like it, get a sample first.
19th June, 2014
Genre: Leather

Anybody remember Slim Jims? The slender, rather greasy sausage sticks were a favorite snack of mine, with a distinctive smell derived, no doubt, from a heavy dose of artificial "smoke" flavoring. Rub yourself down with a Slim Jim, and you've got Lonestar Memories.

The stuff goes on in a potent burst of barbecue smoke and dry leather. Both notes persist all the way through the development, to be joined by some candied amber in the Serge Lutens style, and then perhaps a bit of cedar and some black pepper. I can see Lonestar Memories as a room spray for the kitchen when you want to feel as if you've just had a barbecue, but I'm not tempted to wear it. Besides, Slim Jims (if they're still made,) are cheaper.
19th June, 2014
Beautiful, complex and quite unique scent. It changes and shows you different facets according to the strenght you inspire it with; you smell the somber smoke-leather accord, but if you smell more carefully and invigoratingly, here you notice a fresh floral/earthy flash (the geranium). Signature Tauerade base and a load of spices. One of the "deepest" scents I have ever tried, and I mean physically deep - a genius structure which runs on two axes, the horizontal progression *and* the vertical depth. Really brilliant, and still quite safe and wearable. Massive projection and persistency as many other Tauer's.

19th February, 2014 (last edited: 16th April, 2014)

Add your review of Lonestar Memories

Shop for Lonestar Memories products online

Search Amazon for Lonestar Memories

Member images of Lonestar Memories

There are no member images of Lonestar Memories yet. Why not be the first?