Lonestar Memories (2006)

Lonestar Memories information

Year of Launch2006

PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Lonestar Memories

Lonestar Memories is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

Lonestar Memories fragrance notes

Reviews of Lonestar Memories

This is all Jackboots and Swastika's to me!

I really admire Tauer's polish in other offerings.

However, I'll shine my Cordovan's with the likes of

Knize or Chanel, Thank-you.

I wore this again. Shuddered not so much by the clash of steel,bone and flesh, but by the horror of that Silence. That Cruel Silence, devoid of breath, that exists, for a lifetime, before I can utter a scream.
Indeed the cruelty of that Silence.
It has been said that the mystical beauty is slowly revealed to you through drydown and that beauty again is tasted by those around you almost immediately. For those that find that sort of thing interesting, I leave you to your dungeons.
29th August, 2015 (last edited: 22nd November, 2015)
I love it when I don't really like a perfume at first try but keep having to sniff my arm just to make sure I don't like it and then on a second or even third try I get it! Lonestar Memory is like that for me....I found it too strong and strange at first but now I absolutely love it!! And I'm a girl! It reminds me of an old fashioned apothecary with a first hit of strong Benzoin that wonderful aid for bad chests that we inhaled as children over a steaming bowl of water. Benzoin is one of the nicest essential oils but its difficult to get a good one (I'm also an aromatherapist) and this is stunning. I didn't get burning rubber or diesel - but I did get that Benzoin quickly followed by a sweetness redolent of the old perfume shops of my childhood. Its gorgeous!! And it lasts for ages and its interesting and you think its over and then you get another whiff. I think this one again depends on your skin type - more so than modern generic perfumes - and if it likes you then you grow to love it!! FB worthy for me.
20th May, 2015
Another Tauer creation to try. Tauer seems highly regarded in the fragrance community, but I'm not really sure what it is that people really like. I get the imagination of his works. I like that. Here's the concept for this one: "The scent of a lonesome rider, wearing old jeans and leather jacket, after a long day on the horse in the dry woods, preparing his coffee on the open, smoky fire".

But Tauer's creations seem to have this gross pink bubblegum / candy floss note. Is that part of the fixitives or base ingredients he uses? That note that both sweetens and ruins it in. Same with desert morocaine. What exactly is that 'house note' ?

I detect the leather, a little bit of spice, the sweetness of the bubblegum, and of course the tire smell. This one does remind me of a broken in saddle. Sort of. I actually think user TallulahRose got it right - this actually smells just like Canadian Tire, the store. So this is more like "the scent of a lonesome rider, heading into Canadian Tire after a long day working on his car to cash in his Canadian Tire money on an air freshener."

This stuff is also very tenacious, and seems to get sweeter and sweeter as the day goes on. After 4 hours now, I think it's time to scrub. Sorry Andy, another miss in my opinion!
23rd February, 2015
A powerful leather/rubber scent. It projects well on me and is long lasting. I don't know if it is my skin - but I get more rubber than leather notes. The same actually happens with Knize Ten (while Knize Ten Golden is leather on my skin). What can I say - this fragrance evokes petrol-rubber-leather, and one can imagine perhaps being part of a SM session.. It is an interesting fragrance, though only for special occasions.
13th December, 2014
I love this and it just lasts forever. Redolent of burning rubber it's not for every occasion. Certainly stands out from the run of the mill perfumes.
11th July, 2014
Excellent. Definitely a brother/sister to LADDM. To my nose a cross between LADDM and Jeke. Wore it for the first time yesterday and kept smelling my wrist all day. Probably not for everyone, especially those who most admire the popular, mass-produced "safe" fragrances. If you want to smell great while standing out from the crowd, this may be for you. Since not everyone will like it, get a sample first.
19th June, 2014

Add your review of Lonestar Memories

Shop for Lonestar Memories products online

Search Amazon for Lonestar Memories

Member images of Lonestar Memories

There are no member images of Lonestar Memories yet. Why not be the first?