Florida Water (1908)

Florida Water information

Year of Launch1908

HouseMurray & Lanman

About Florida Water

Florida Water is a shared / unisex perfume by Murray & Lanman. The scent was launched in 1908

Reviews of Florida Water

I must admit I smelt this stuff for the first time today, at 55! :)
When I was a child, there was a bottle sitting on the bathroom shelf.
A gift from my godmother to the family, and it was never opened. (no idea why!)
A few days ago, I saw a bottle at my local pharmacy.
This stuff is now in a plastic bottle, but the label is exactly the same as in memories.
It was a glass bottle back then.
Bought it today, and finally tried it!
My god, this stuff is way much better than I expected! :)
I was ready for a thin, dry, cheap citrus scent, but this stuff smells quite natural, and is also spicy and has a round sweet base.
I'll probably use it as an after-shave during the summer, along with 4711.
Good!!!
12th April, 2015 (last edited: 13th April, 2015)
Exotic (vaguely art-deco) bottle (really nice and quite particular) and freshly exotic-spicy the juice itself. Murray&Lanman Florida Water Cologne is a nice refreshing citric-spicy after shower cologne nice to be worn in the sultry climates or along the summer time days in the hot/humid countries. An historical Eau de Cologne in the same vein as 4711 but in this case the aroma tends to become (after the herbal-hesperidic opening) decidedly spicy and vaguely "caribbean" with its bay rum-cinnamon-fresh tobacco (I suppose) accord. The formula is classic, really "white linen clothed gentleman type" and still working for the lovers of genre. Really cheap, I can find it for £ 5 in several London's street markets.
05th November, 2014
ad_scott Show all reviews
This cologne is one to be respected...considering the cost it is certainly good quality and value for money.
To the nose I find it quite mineral with notes of lemon, bergamot and Coca-Cola. The scent reminds me of orange and cola sweets with a hint of fizz and Fireball gobstoppers which sometimes got too hot to hold in the mouth! There's actually a lot going on in this mass-produced budget cologne; I find it very refreshing and uplifting when splashed on the face. The opening is fresh lemon, bergamot and tangerine which turns fizzy then an orangeade and Coca-Cola vibe emerges. It is quite unique and interesting. The closest splash I would compare Florida Water to would be 4711 Eau de Cologne with added fizzy candy. Most definitely a unisex cologne.
13th October, 2014
Nice Household Product

Cola-softdrink minus sticky-sugar. Overall nice. Smells natural. I wish it was less spicy. I think spices bring out the sour quality in citrus rather than the freshness. It's wonderful in a bathtub since the faint chlorine in bathwater brings out the freshness and cancels out the acidity of the citrus in a way that turns the spices into a nice compliment. I realize it's weird to speak positively of chlorine as a layered note. It works.

This is also a wonderful cleaning solution for dirty keyboard keys. Cuts the grime and makes your desk smell nice. I also use it to wipe down my toes after I clip my toenails. This has made me interested in cheap weak colognes overall. So versatile!

Pros: versatile, cheap, smells natural
Cons: spiced citrus is not my favorite harmony = Cola

06th July, 2013
This fragrance, of course, has magical qualities...protective & positive.

Then, again, it also has healing qualities...soothing an insect bite, refreshing hot sticky skin, discouraging mosquitos & encouraging a tired spirit on a hot muggy night or on a damp chilly night. The combination of bracing citrus, spices & herbs hits hard at first, then fades quickly to a gentle clean tone, without excessive sweetness or clingy undertones.

I appreciate a different take on "clean smell" as an alternative to combinations of aldehydes, citrus & florals.
30th June, 2012
jujy54 Show all reviews
This review is for Goya Florida Water, which I got at the grocery in the Latin food sectionó4 oz. for two and a half bucks!óright there with the black beans and the coconut sodas! Goya's is orange and clove all the way, a great after bath splash in the summer, especially if followed by anything Myrurgia. I luv Zut's suggestion of using it in a humidifier. Now I'm inspired to use it instead of Febreze in my car or on bath towels.
04th May, 2012 (last edited: 31st May, 2012)

Add your review of Florida Water

Shop for Florida Water products online

Search Amazon for Florida Water

Member images of Florida Water

There are no member images of Florida Water yet. Why not be the first?

Perfumes launched in the same year as Florida Water (1908)