Florida Water (1908)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 41 ratings

Florida Water information

Florida Water is a unisex fragrance by Murray & Lanman. The scent was launched in 1908

Reviews of Florida Water

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.
    positive 12 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Darvant's avatar

Exotic (vaguely art-deco) bottle (really nice and quite particular) and freshly exotic-spicy the juice itself. Murray&Lanman Florida Water Cologne is a nice refreshing citric-spicy after shower cologne nice to be worn in the sultry climates or along the summer time days in the hot/humid countries. An historical Eau de Cologne in the same vein as 4711 but in this case the aroma tends to become (after the herbal-hesperidic opening) decidedly spicy and vaguely "caribbean" with its bay rum-cinnamon-fresh tobacco (I suppose) accord. The formula is classic, really "white linen clothed gentleman type" and still working for the lovers of genre. Really cheap, I can find it for £ 5 in several London's street markets.

05th November, 2014

ad_scott's avatar

This cologne is one to be respected...considering the cost it is certainly good quality and value for money.
    To the nose I find it quite mineral with notes of lemon, bergamot and Coca-Cola. The scent reminds me of orange and cola sweets with a hint of fizz and Fireball gobstoppers which sometimes got too hot to hold in the mouth! There's actually a lot going on in this mass-produced budget cologne; I find it very refreshing and uplifting when splashed on the face. The opening is fresh lemon, bergamot and tangerine which turns fizzy then an orangeade and Coca-Cola vibe emerges. It is quite unique and interesting. The closest splash I would compare Florida Water to would be 4711 Eau de Cologne with added fizzy candy. Most definitely a unisex cologne.

13th October, 2014

And-Or's avatar

Nice Household Product

Cola-softdrink minus sticky-sugar. Overall nice. Smells natural. I wish it was less spicy. I think spices bring out the sour quality in citrus rather than the freshness. It's wonderful in a bathtub since the faint chlorine in bathwater brings out the freshness and cancels out the acidity of the citrus in a way that turns the spices into a nice compliment. I realize it's weird to speak positively of chlorine as a layered note. It works.

This is also a wonderful cleaning solution for dirty keyboard keys. Cuts the grime and makes your desk smell nice. I also use it to wipe down my toes after I clip my toenails. This has made me interested in cheap weak colognes overall. So versatile!

Pros: versatile, cheap, smells natural
    Cons: spiced citrus is not my favorite harmony = Cola

06th July, 2013

buren's avatar

This fragrance, of course, has magical qualities...protective & positive.

Then, again, it also has healing qualities...soothing an insect bite, refreshing hot sticky skin, discouraging mosquitos & encouraging a tired spirit on a hot muggy night or on a damp chilly night. The combination of bracing citrus, spices & herbs hits hard at first, then fades quickly to a gentle clean tone, without excessive sweetness or clingy undertones.

I appreciate a different take on "clean smell" as an alternative to combinations of aldehydes, citrus & florals.

30th June, 2012

jujy54's avatar

This review is for Goya Florida Water, which I got at the grocery in the Latin food section—4 oz. for two and a half bucks!—right there with the black beans and the coconut sodas! Goya's is orange and clove all the way, a great after bath splash in the summer, especially if followed by anything Myrurgia. I luv Zut's suggestion of using it in a humidifier. Now I'm inspired to use it instead of Febreze in my car or on bath towels.

04th May, 2012 (Last Edited: 31st May, 2012)

Zut's avatar

I don't believe I am writing a review about Florida Water and a positive one too!!! But hey, this has to be the cheapest scent on the market and it is still around after over two centuries. This should tell us something. Back in the 80's when it cost about 2,99$ a bottle, I would buy FW to put in the water of my humidifier. It made my apartment smell fresh and clean. Back in my childhood years, some mothers would put a little FW on their babies' belly after they bathed them or changed their nappy. To me, FW is a comfort fragrance. Of course, it is so light it cannot really be worn as a bona fide EDT. Well, maybe as an after-shave. I think it is fun to read what other reviewers do with Florida Water. Any other suggestions?

15th October, 2011

Add your review of Florida Water

Search for on eBay United States

MURRAY AND LANMAN FLORIDA WATER COLOGNE 2FL Oz
    • Time Left: 16 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Murray and Lanman Florida Water 7.5 Oz (4 Pack)
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now