Antidote (2006)

PerfumerPierre Wargnye
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Antidote

Antidote is a masculine fragrance by Viktor & Rolf. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Pierre Wargnye and Aliénor Massenet. The bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Reviews of Antidote

I thought I'd never smelled Viktor & Rolf Antidote but upon obtaining a decant of an older batch just recently, I've remembered that this is something I do recall from a decade ago, and it's phenomenal, mysterious, and signature scent worthy. Perhaps some nostalgia, even from a decade ago, makes me want to keep smelling it over and over again, but it's likely the combination of notes that hits a few areas just right.

The note listing is immense, so I'd mainly hone in a few accords: the freshness of the lavender, soft woodiness of the cedar, and sharpness of the mint that adds a little bit of an edge to an otherwise smooth and unassuming mixture. I

Antidote is classic, vaguely in the barbershop fougere sort of way, a little closer to Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT than some of the other kin, but still in separate territory, a composition somehow unlike those yet reminiscent of the same type of gentleman that might wear it.

Performance is quite stellar for an EDT, with quite strong projection and longevity.

Really a superb blend, an instant favorite and one that I hope to acquire.

9 out of 10
31st March, 2017
So many notes, but what stands out to me is the mint and cedar in the opening and then incense later. I can smell the florals under those. The whole thing smells like a mixed drink but I can't place which one.

Very light and airy with performance to match. This skin scent does last, sprayed it in the morning and it was still there when I got home and changed shirts.
15th March, 2017
delicate and pervasive, nothing groundbreaking, light as the breeze!
02nd March, 2017
I really really wanted to like this and tried really hard to convince myself this should get a thumbs up but I just can't do it. Neutral is a fair rating for this considering the scent tree this should be an epic monster of a scent. Of course it's a long lasting skin scent... If you have that many notes in your fragrance and for the price it should be way more than this. As far as the smell it is pleasant with some citrus and spice with a decent woody vanilla dry down...
08th June, 2016
Salutation.

This is another Great fragrance in my Collection but unfortunately some times it was gives me headache however My friends tell me,when we smelled your cologne we feel in love with it.

I found ANTIDOTE V&R combination ROMANTIC and SEDUCTIVE.a bold fragrance not the meek and definitely not for the faint of heart.Elegant and Expensive.it is actually a quite complex.Woody and Spicy.

The base notes was very appealing for me.ANTIDOTE makes a drowsy winter night feel phenomenal!Perfect for special nights out on the town.well balance between Young/old but not old man.

LONGEVITY? one of the best part this cologne as it was EXCELLENT on my skin.

15th April, 2015
Well I thought I'd give it a try in giving my thoughts about this rich powerful perfume called antidote . I bought it in the first place because I was looking for a replacement for my all time favorite Envy by Gucci.(oh yeah)
There is a topic on basenotes called: what is a good replacement for envy by Gucci?
some people there mentioned Santal by Floris, so I'll gave it a try and bought the 120 dollar bottle right from the store in London, which was a great disappointment although nicely packaged in a gentleman's way. The problem with this perfume is its lack of projection, although the dry-down is exactly what I'm looking for. exactly like the divine Envy by Gucci.
It's the dry-down, stupid! .
So this was it, bye bye 120 dollar . Next.

The next one I tried was Vetyver by l'Occitane, this only set me down 40 bucks.
This scent is very gloomy, earthy, almost has a feeling to it like strolling in a French wood only dressed in a towel...
First it's smashing in your face, like a drill instructor invading your personal space, but i like it, it's very nice and it has a natural vibe. Right fresh, and down to earth. Then some guy recommend me to buy L'Homme by YSL, but it turned out invisible on my skin although it is a nice scent .

Then, finally came across this: Antidote by Viktor and Rolf.
I found my holy grail at last.
I keep sniffing my wrist like a hound dog keeps sniffing a dead rabbit wrapped in bacon. This perfume, it keeps on intriguing me.
Its fresh, it is sweet it is sexy ,it is full of mystery, it is never boring, like for example Bottled by Boss, and it comforts me through my days.
The ride on this one is fantastic just like Envy by Gucci had .
I think I may give my baby to you now, take care of her, and take my advice and get a bottle while you can, because soon there will no more juice of the gods,it will be discontinued...
04th April, 2015 (last edited: 11th November, 2017)

Add your review of Antidote

Shop for Antidote products online

Shop for Antidote at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Antidote