L'Ete en Douce / Extrait de Songes (2005)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

L'Ete en Douce / Extrait de Songes information

Year of Launch2005

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About L'Ete en Douce / Extrait de Songes

Renamed to L'Ete en Douce from Extrait de Songes to avoid confusion with Goutal's Songes

Reviews of L'Ete en Douce / Extrait de Songes

L'Eau de Linden?
This is a refreshingly natural creation, starring a grassy, almost lichen-like accord. It is dry but not dead, and quite musky. I almost thought my sample was spoiled at first whiff because I simply wasn't expecting the blend at all. It's like a bottled Summer romp in a Southern American grove. I often find orange blossom in floral compositions to be clawing its way to the top for attention, but here it is polite and lacy as a Jane Eyre side character.
As something I would seldom (if ever) wear I would be inclined to rate this one a 'neutral,' but it's just such a happy fragrance. And even when a cute and energetic puppy is being persistent and annoying, it's still a puppy.
08th February, 2016
Imagine you're sitting underneath a flowering linden tree. And then, the scent of warm, sweet grass kissed by the sun comes into the fold. In the garden, mint grows wild and the wind brings its scent to you, along with the orange blossom flowers on a neighboring tree. A few hundred feet away, someone is hanging freshly laundered whites on a line. There's a barn door open next to the house and the scent of hay joins the mix, making this fragrance a paradox as it is very clean, but also somewhat dirty, yet sweet. That's what this smells like on my skin. It is utterly beautiful. It's very similar to L'eau de L'Artisan, but also very different. They have the same feel of being in a sun-drenched scene with nature all around, but they're different scenes. This one can be worn by a man. It would be more at home on feminine skin, but my skin chemistry amps up the dirty sweetness of the hay note. Women should buy this and wear it often in the summer. Men should try before they buy and give it some time to develop on the skin and mix with their individual skin chemistry.
22nd August, 2015
This is not my usual kind of love, but it is a love. Got a sample in a giveaway and surprised myself by falling for it. To me it's a gorgeous orange blossom and musk, sheer and delicate but with a little weight to it. It sticks around and I am happy and smiling every time it floats up to my nose. It's innocent, clean, virginal. And absolutely beautiful.
27th June, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
I get a light orange blossom and mint, a whiff of linden - and this is it. A very light summer scent, ethereal, little silage and limited projection, and with two hours of longevity. Not bad but nothing brilliant.
10th January, 2014
L'ete en douce is like sitting in the shadow of an old tree, with the wind bringing you the smell of summer flowers and warm grass. Washed bedsheets dry hanging on a line in the afternoon sun.
A great picture for a great creation. Thankyou Olivia for being so clear and imaginative when you paint your scents.
06th May, 2012
This is a gorgeous summer fragrance, very sheer and feminine. On me it's linden-dominant with some support from green leaves and a hint of orange blossom. It reminds me of a favourite passage in Raymond Chandler's "The Long Goodbye": "She was standing close to me. I smelled her perfume. Or I thought I did. It hadn't been put on with a spray gun. Perhaps it was just the summer day."
19th April, 2012

Add your review of L'Ete en Douce / Extrait de Songes

Shop for L'Ete en Douce / Extrait de Songes products online

Shop for L'Ete en Douce / Extrait de Songes at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Ete en Douce / Extrait de Songes

Member images of L'Ete en Douce / Extrait de Songes

There are no member images of L'Ete en Douce / Extrait de Songes yet. Why not be the first?