Cuir Ottoman (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseParfum d'Empire
PerfumerMarc-Antoine Corticchiato

About Cuir Ottoman

Cuir Ottoman is a feminine perfume by Parfum d'Empire. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Marc-Antoine Corticchiato

Cuir Ottoman fragrance notes

Reviews of Cuir Ottoman

Very nice fragrance overall with good longevity.

Ambre Russe comes to mind with subtle nuances of leather.

I prefer Ambre Russe over Cuir Ottoman.

13th March, 2019
As someone who loves leather scents, I had to try this, and try it I have--several times, in fact--but somehow I still can't quite make up my mind. I admire this fragrance for its rather determined and single-minded approach to leather. In fact, I don't think I've smelled any other scent that replicates bag and shoe leather this realistically; I'm just not entirely sure I want to smell like a Coach or Hermes store. But maybe I do! Maybe this scent if the classiest thing going, and I'm just too much of a plebeian to realize it. Or possibly, I have just been spoiled by my close relationship with CHANEL's version of leather to genuinely appreciate this unadorned, unanimalic iteration. Perhaps I just need to meet this fragrance at its own level. Hmmmm....
02nd February, 2019
Cuir Ottoman is my second try from Parfum d'Empire, after Ambre Russe, and I detect a connection to Ambre Russe, but Cuir Ottoman is more middle-of-the-road, at the meeting of several different types of fragrances: leathery, powdery with the iris, resinous with tolu balsam and benzoin, and spiky with styrax.

The resins foil the iris excellent, and present a less sharp leather/iris fragrance than, say, Dior Homme Parfum, and I imagine that most of the time, that makes Cuir Ottoman preferable to DHP.

Performance is good, not quite as good as Ambre Russe, but still worthy of the type of scent it is and going rate (retail is $160 for 100ml at Luckyscent).

Overall, this is one I like but don't love. I'm picky enough about leather fragrances that I much prefer the more modest floral leather Knize Ten that I tried earlier this week, for one.

7 out of 10
16th February, 2018
Its nearly Christmas as I write and my nostrils have become well attuned to the smell of Scotch whisky. So, when I was going through a selection of scents today it wasn't difficult to pick up on the opening gambit of Cuir Ottoman as a booze fest for the nose. Not exactly a single malt but not far off...

Later in the winnowing process what turned up was iris. I can't be more specific because it wasn't a perfume review I had in mind but something new for the upcoming festivities.

Can't say that Cuir Ottoman smells much of leather, and neither does it remind me of the land of Turkey, but then, hey, I'm no expert...

***
23rd December, 2016 (last edited: 04th January, 2017)
Once it gets past the opening, I love this. Very creamy and lovely on me. :-)
26th May, 2016
starry starry night by van Gogh
02nd April, 2016 (last edited: 11th November, 2016)

Add your review of Cuir Ottoman

Parfum d'Empire Cuir Ottoman 5ml Spray Sample – *Read Description*

End Date: Sunday Apr-14-2019 8:30:40 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $17.99

Member images of Cuir Ottoman

There are no member images of Cuir Ottoman yet. Why not be the first?