Cuir Ottoman (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseParfum d'Empire
PerfumerMarc-Antoine Corticchiato

About Cuir Ottoman

Cuir Ottoman is a feminine perfume by Parfum d'Empire. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Marc-Antoine Corticchiato

Cuir Ottoman fragrance notes

Reviews of Cuir Ottoman

Cuir Ottoman is my second try from Parfum d'Empire, after Ambre Russe, and I detect a connection to Ambre Russe, but Cuir Ottoman is more middle-of-the-road, at the meeting of several different types of fragrances: leathery, powdery with the iris, resinous with tolu balsam and benzoin, and spiky with styrax.

The resins foil the iris excellent, and present a less sharp leather/iris fragrance than, say, Dior Homme Parfum, and I imagine that most of the time, that makes Cuir Ottoman preferable to DHP.

Performance is good, not quite as good as Ambre Russe, but still worthy of the type of scent it is and going rate (retail is $160 for 100ml at Luckyscent).

Overall, this is one I like but don't love. I'm picky enough about leather fragrances that I much prefer the more modest floral leather Knize Ten that I tried earlier this week, for one.

7 out of 10
16th February, 2018
Its nearly Christmas as I write and my nostrils have become well attuned to the smell of Scotch whisky. So, when I was going through a selection of scents today it wasn't difficult to pick up on the opening gambit of Cuir Ottoman as a booze fest for the nose. Not exactly a single malt but not far off...

Later in the winnowing process what turned up was iris. I can't be more specific because it wasn't a perfume review I had in mind but something new for the upcoming festivities.

Can't say that Cuir Ottoman smells much of leather, and neither does it remind me of the land of Turkey, but then, hey, I'm no expert...

***
23rd December, 2016 (last edited: 04th January, 2017)
Once it gets past the opening, I love this. Very creamy and lovely on me. :-)
26th May, 2016
starry starry night by van Gogh
02nd April, 2016 (last edited: 11th November, 2016)
A delightful suede/nubuck style leather, with soft resins and a touch of powdery iris. After the heart it pulls back to a skin scent, but this shift to the intimate level does nothing to reduce its charm. Cosy, lived in and comfortable in its own skin, totally solid stuff from P d'E.
23rd September, 2015
It is a quality leather scent, not a butch. It smells elegant with not too much flower and it stays true to leather. So much of that, it seems to me that it sort of lacks other quality that makes it distinguished from other leather perfume. Overall, there really shouldn't be anything to complain about quality. It is well- put- together kind of leather fragrance without special characteristics.
02nd April, 2015

Add your review of Cuir Ottoman

Shop for Cuir Ottoman products online

Search for on eBay United States

CUIR OTTOMAN - Parfum D'Empire - 30ml - 100% GENUINE!

• USD $65.71
  • Shipping from: Australia

CUIR OTTOMAN - Parfum D'Empire - 10ml sample - 100% GENUINE!

• USD $22.62 (* converted from AUD 87.0)
  • Shipping from: Australia

CUIR OTTOMAN - Parfum D'Empire - 5ml sample - 100% GENUINE!

• USD $14.31 (* converted from AUD 29.95)

Parfum D'empire Cuir Ottoman - 5ml spray sample

• USD $11.29 (* converted from AUD 18.95)
  • Time Left: 13 days

Member images of Cuir Ottoman

There are no member images of Cuir Ottoman yet. Why not be the first?