Acqua di Sale

Based on 78 ratings

Acqua di Sale Fragrance notes

Myrtle, Cedarwood, Marine Algae

Acqua di Sale information

Acqua di Sale is a unisex fragrance by Profumum.

Shop for Acqua di Sale products online

Reviews of Acqua di Sale

Showing 1 to 6 of 30 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Aquatic

Licorice anyone? That, and a bit of cucumber are honestly all I get from Acqua di Sale. A big disappointment.

10th June, 2014

flathorn's avatar

Acqua di Sale is not immediately likeable, but there is a sense of a complex group of olfactory notes that makes you want to keep sniffing it. I call that type of fragrance cerebral or conceptual.
    On my first testing, I didn't care for it and tossed it in my 'N0' box. I always retest these and the second time around, found the unusual and complex arrangement interesting.
    Cool, cerebral, with celery, marine and green notes on opening, and dry astringency in the background. There is a pronounced synthetic vibe, which I assume to be purposeful, as it co-habits the composition.
    I don't think this is for many people - you have to like the idea of wearing an abstract fragrance, which in spite of the marine notes and associations, I still think this is. Most times I don't. But I have to say I think it has kind of a spare uncompromising personality that is clean and crisp. Does that mean I'm going to buy a bottle? Not for myself. But I see its appeal, and can envision it on one friend I know, an architect.

07 January, 2014

hotreds's avatar

nasty

reminds me of fishy sea shore. Not what I like to smell like!

23 May, 2013

Mrpleasent's avatar

The smell of a brisk coastal walk in a remote area

My ocean scents are this, erolfa and sel marine. Of the 3 this smells the most like the ocean. Imagine you are walking along a rustic beach on a cloudy cool day, and the sea smashes against the rocks with the air having tiny fragments of sea water in it. Take a deep smell of that and you get the essence of aqua di sale. I like it as its quite unique - where sel marine is salty this is briny, there are no sweeting elements here like lemons or sun burnt woods its just ocean with a capital o. It's not a compliment getter but it is very refreshing in heat, you wear this for yourself. Definitely a day scent. The juice itself is quite oily but the longevity is good although it is quite linear after the first 20 mins. The bottle is solid and you get a decant roll on bottle in the box which is a good idea although with longevity like this you won't need to reapply for a good 8 hours. Worth checking out if you want an ocean scent and are not on a tight budget.

18 May, 2013

J.B. Grenouilleis's avatar

France France

This high quality fragrance is the best aquatic summer scent I know. It by far gets the best feedback of all my scents. People ask me all the time what I am wearing.

Its olfactory notes are: myrtle, cedar wood and seaweed. It smells like a a summer day at the beach: sweet and dry, salty and fresh. It is simple and complex at the same time and lasts for about 8 hours, which IMO is outstanding for an aquatic scent which is 100% organic - no sythetics!

The reason for its longevity is its high percentage of natural essences: 43% (the perfume is quite oily which calls for caution when spraying on while wearing clothes). And it also explains why it does not cost 15 EUR but 180 EUR for100ml. Considering its high percentage of fragrance essences and the resulting longevity and yield, this price is absolutely acceptable and clearly within the price range of high quality perfumes. Those negative Italian reviews below are ridicoulous and appear to only reflect social jealousy.

The fragrance comes with a mini roll-on and a funnell which allows you to carry the fragrance with you on travels without having to take the whole bottle. Due to the oily texture and the resulting risk for clothes, I basically only use the roll-on.

12 July, 2012

exciter76's avatar

I took an afternoon excursion over to The Scent Bar in Los Angeles after a year of salivating over fragrances and samples from the boutique’s website. Though the store was a tad bit larger than a walk-in closet, it was a walk-in closet from heaven. I was overwhelmed by and in awe of the selection of niche fragrances, especially as a niche virgin. As anyone reading this can tell I am still coming down from the adrenaline rush of finally making the trip. I rattled off a list of fragrances I wanted to smell when the sa (or, proprietor?) asked me point-blank, “What do you like in a perfume and how do you want to feel when you wear it?” Way to tactfully get me to focus! I expressed interest in unusual beachy scents. This is one of many scents he had me try. This is the one that stood out among the many beach scents.

This starts out with a seemingly intentional artificial orange blossomy scent, which mimics old school Coppertone in my mind. (Peculiar, I get orange blossom though it is clearly not in this, or at least not listed anywhere.) Underlying this is the saltiness of a light sweat in the summer’s afternoon sun along with the driftwood and seaweed of the ocean’s air. The screechingly sweet artificiality of the Coppertone note keeps me from absolutely loving it. Yet it is the entire mix—including the artificial note—that keeps me sniffing compulsively. I love it, then I find myself annoyed by the overwhelming Coppertone note, and then I round back to loving it again. This fragrance truly confuses me! One interesting thing about this fragrance: it has the ability to transport the wearer and others around the wearer to the nearest deserted beach as the fog rolls in, when the smell of the tide is strongest. Love it or hate it, you’re going to be transported to the beach; the sillage will be taking others along with you, as this is a sillage monster.

With the complex woody drydown I would personally consider this an ozonic chypre (if there is such a thing; if not, this fragrance proves there should be). I do not typically care for chypres but I find them the most interesting of all the scents in the fragrance kingdom. This is among the most interesting of the chypres I have yet smelled. I don’t have the $240.00+ for this and if I did I am not so sure I would make the investment in this. I prefer the safety of the waters provided by Lilly Pulitzer’s Beachy but this is certainly a beach adventure in a bottle.

01st April, 2012

Add your review of Acqua di Sale

Search for on eBay United States

Acqua Di Sale Profumum (Uncut) Perfume Fragrance Oil Roll-On 1 Ounce Women
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 4 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)