Acqua di Sale
by Profumum

Acqua di Sale information

HouseProfumum

About Acqua di Sale

Acqua di Sale is a shared / unisex perfume by Profumum.

Acqua di Sale fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Sale

Profumum Acqua di Sale is an odd marine composition--salty and musky, primarily, but also slightly woody and herbal. The marine aspect is strong, as there's some vague idea of seaweed and even sand/dirt in it. It comes off genuinely mixed in the way that seawater often is.

Nothing special in terms of projection or longevity, Acqua di Sale is a performance letdown for a house that generally has a reputation of strong fragrances, which should be an expectation anyway, at $250 for 100ml EDP.

6 out of 10
28th September, 2016
vadim Show all reviews
Russian Federation
Opens with a blast of what seems to be mint, not unlike Lauder's Metropolis, then softens down to an unimaginative warm, sweet and musky middle. It's only by a stretch of imagination that you'll discern a faint marine freshness behind the powdery drydown.
14th January, 2016
For me, certain oceanic scents are lovely, but they tend to be more subtle or accords that play a role in more complex creations. In this case, neither of those things are true, but it does what it says on the tin rather well. It's linear and rather straightforward, with no implied gender at all.

The longevity and sillage are excellent (which means they were endless and overpowering to me); so there's value in the cost.

There are no shortage of oceanic options, but if you want an uncomplicated, strong sea scent, it's worth trying.
08th October, 2015
Very similar to Hyle but much stronger scent. There's a Marine accord but it's less fake smelling than most and the cedarwood definitely gives off a vibe of wood floating in water. The ingredients are good and the sillage and longevity are better the Hyle. The myrtle and cedarwood mix well together and the algae gives off an oceanic greenness. The price is exorbitant for either Hyle or Acqua di Sale. Those who love licorice will love these scents because the Myrtle (I think) smells like it.
22nd November, 2014
Genre: Aquatic

Licorice anyone? That, and a bit of cucumber are honestly all I get from Acqua di Sale. A big disappointment.
10th June, 2014
Acqua di Sale is not immediately likeable, but there is a sense of a complex group of olfactory notes that makes you want to keep sniffing it. I call that type of fragrance cerebral or conceptual.
On my first testing, I didn't care for it and tossed it in my 'N0' box. I always retest these and the second time around, found the unusual and complex arrangement interesting.
Cool, cerebral, with celery, marine and green notes on opening, and dry astringency in the background. There is a pronounced synthetic vibe, which I assume to be purposeful, as it co-habits the composition.
I don't think this is for many people - you have to like the idea of wearing an abstract fragrance, which in spite of the marine notes and associations, I still think this is. Most times I don't. But I have to say I think it has kind of a spare uncompromising personality that is clean and crisp. Does that mean I'm going to buy a bottle? Not for myself. But I see its appeal, and can envision it on one friend I know, an architect.
07th January, 2014

Add your review of Acqua di Sale

Shop for Acqua di Sale products online

Shop for Acqua di Sale at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Acqua di Sale

Member images of Acqua di Sale

There are no member images of Acqua di Sale yet. Why not be the first?