Thundra
by Profumum

Thundra information

HouseProfumum

About Thundra

Thundra is a shared / unisex perfume by Profumum.

Thundra fragrance notes

Reviews of Thundra

This is a rather sad imitation of Bruno Acampora's Musc. It unfortunately misses the juxtaposition of unusual heart notes that make the Acampora so intriguing. Instead, it remains a sort of flat, mushroomy thing meant to approximate roots and leaves and everything forest-floor-y.

If you've never smelled Musc, then Thundra might seem unusual and evocative of the autumnal out of doors. If you have tried Acampora's Musc, you'll know why you can give this Profumum scent a pass.
31st March, 2016
bejahu Show all reviews
Very interesting and provocative fragrance. Mint, Patchouli and White Musk, that is pretty much it. The mint/patchouli combination gives the illusion that there is lavender in this fragrance, but I don't think that there is any lavender at all. I love this stuff; especially on a wet, damp, or rainy day. Profumum Roma has found away to give us something fresh, without being lightweight or aquatic. Some folks smell mushrooms, but I don't get that scent whatsoever: just mint, patchouli and musk. The fragrance, like most of Profumum Roma's products stays fairly linear. The mint lasts a remarkably long time. This isn't a toothpaste kind of mint, but instead a fresh, bright, green mint that blends with the wet, earthy patchouli. The combination is very hard to describe. I've never smelled anything like this before. It is absolutely unique, and I like it... very much.

Performance is excellent. I get 6-8 hours on my skin. After about two hours or so, the mint disappears, and you are left with a very nice patchouli and white musk dry down.

This is definitely a try before you buy fragrance, but once I tried it, I had to buy it. Love this stuff.
31st March, 2016
For a minute I thought my sample has gone bad. Then I realized this is intentional. The smell of mushroom on rotten tree trunk.
They achieve what they were trying to with this fragrance. Artistically great.
Unfortunately, not my cup of tea. I am not a big fan of mint+mushroom. And the price is just crazy.
A nice to have for $40. Avoid at the current price.
If it is forest you want get Salvador Dali PH (vintage) for -- $40 :)
07th March, 2016
Genre: Woods

I can't say I'm impressed. Thundra opens with one weird combination: leafy green notes, dry woods, and mushrooms. Lots of mushrooms. The idea, I suppose, is to evoke a dim forest floor, but I have trouble smelling anything but the mushroom bin at my local grocery store. I like odd, challenging fragrances as much as (if not more than,) the next guy, but I do not want to smell like this.

Patchouli eventually floats in to prop up the mushrooms. This makes things a little more complex, but when, after thirty minutes, the whole mushroom and compost accord fades out, I'm left with something far more conventional. The remaining notes I can detect are a tart citrus, some non-descript florals, and relatively neutral woods. Once the oddball fungal accord goes there's very little sillage or projection here, and the whole show is over in about three hours. At these prices I want something more.
05th July, 2014
The Thundra's opening, as well as the others mentioned, is compelling, an unquestionably woodsy and aromatic blend of lavender, mushrooms, green leaves, mint and camphoraceous notes. You are ideally teleported on the borders of a russian birchs forest, in a cold weather, the smell is moody, silent, sulphureous, resinous and very aromatic ( herbs, eucalyptus and lavender). An earthy patchouli, flanked by tart citrus, roots  its backbone down in the depth of this silvan ground. May be some dried fruits or flowers are comprised in the blend. The smell is very earthy in its chord of patchouli, herbs and mushrooms. You can inhale the wet earth along this initial woodsy and rugged stage. Unfortunately the spell lasts a while, just the time the gassy note of mushrooms together with the general  cold harshness fade and a more bright (but highly pricey), musky, ambery, mild and woody base takes the scene. Evocative and meditative.
17th January, 2012 (last edited: 15th July, 2014)
Pretty much what several of the reviewers have mentioned:
Fabulous opening...if you happen to like that scent (which I find very exciting & powerful) but it just doesn't last very long at all.

It quickly morphs into something quite nondescript.

And at the price this juice goes for...not very practical for refreshing every half hour to maintain that opening blast.
Too bad because did the opening last long or it was a lot cheaper, this would likely become a staple in my rotation.
09th September, 2009

Add your review of Thundra

Shop for Thundra products online

Shop for Thundra at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Thundra

Member images of Thundra

There are no member images of Thundra yet. Why not be the first?