Thundra
by Profumum

Thundra information

HouseProfumum

About Thundra

Thundra is a shared / unisex perfume by Profumum.

Thundra fragrance notes

Reviews of Thundra

Profumum Thundra involves a relatively straightforward trio of mint, patchouli, and musk.

I'm generally not a fan of mint, but as with Viktor & Rolf Antidote, Thundra begins with a very tasteful use of mint in its opening, which ultimately gives way to the patchouli more so in the dry down, eventually to the point that it's basically a patchouli bomb with a hint of musk.

It smells gentlemanly and balanced at the beginning, and then mostly patchouli-dominant in the dry down. For many, I imagine this dry down is a good thing, but it's not quite for me. While I enjoy patchouli when mixed with other notes, a patchouli-dominant fragrance is rarely something I enjoy.

Thundra leans a little masculine, as I generally think of patchouli-dominant fragrances, but it's unisex enough for women. It's a great performer, as well, as is Profumum's signature, so there's value if you love the scent.

I like it and appreciate it, but just don't love it.

7 out of 10
13th September, 2017
Not something I would seek out. It smells odd. I didn't think of mushrooms until I read some of the other posts. I'm not sure I smell shrooms, but I do smell an overall fragrance that I would have no interest in wearing. I gave it a third star because I love the house. But, this is not one of their star performers in my opinion.
24th August, 2017
This is a rather sad imitation of Bruno Acampora's Musc. It unfortunately misses the juxtaposition of unusual heart notes that make the Acampora so intriguing. Instead, it remains a sort of flat, mushroomy thing meant to approximate roots and leaves and everything forest-floor-y.

If you've never smelled Musc, then Thundra might seem unusual and evocative of the autumnal out of doors. If you have tried Acampora's Musc, you'll know why you can give this Profumum scent a pass.
31st March, 2016
bejahu Show all reviews
Very interesting and provocative fragrance. Mint, Patchouli and White Musk, that is pretty much it. The mint/patchouli combination gives the illusion that there is lavender in this fragrance, but I don't think that there is any lavender at all. I love this stuff; especially on a wet, damp, or rainy day. Profumum Roma has found away to give us something fresh, without being lightweight or aquatic. Some folks smell mushrooms, but I don't get that scent whatsoever: just mint, patchouli and musk. The fragrance, like most of Profumum Roma's products stays fairly linear. The mint lasts a remarkably long time. This isn't a toothpaste kind of mint, but instead a fresh, bright, green mint that blends with the wet, earthy patchouli. The combination is very hard to describe. I've never smelled anything like this before. It is absolutely unique, and I like it... very much.

Performance is excellent. I get 6-8 hours on my skin. After about two hours or so, the mint disappears, and you are left with a very nice patchouli and white musk dry down.

This is definitely a try before you buy fragrance, but once I tried it, I had to buy it. Love this stuff.
31st March, 2016
For a minute I thought my sample has gone bad. Then I realized this is intentional. The smell of mushroom on rotten tree trunk.
They achieve what they were trying to with this fragrance. Artistically great.
Unfortunately, not my cup of tea. I am not a big fan of mint+mushroom. And the price is just crazy.
A nice to have for $40. Avoid at the current price.
If it is forest you want get Salvador Dali PH (vintage) for -- $40 :)
07th March, 2016
Genre: Woods

I can't say I'm impressed. Thundra opens with one weird combination: leafy green notes, dry woods, and mushrooms. Lots of mushrooms. The idea, I suppose, is to evoke a dim forest floor, but I have trouble smelling anything but the mushroom bin at my local grocery store. I like odd, challenging fragrances as much as (if not more than,) the next guy, but I do not want to smell like this.

Patchouli eventually floats in to prop up the mushrooms. This makes things a little more complex, but when, after thirty minutes, the whole mushroom and compost accord fades out, I'm left with something far more conventional. The remaining notes I can detect are a tart citrus, some non-descript florals, and relatively neutral woods. Once the oddball fungal accord goes there's very little sillage or projection here, and the whole show is over in about three hours. At these prices I want something more.
05th July, 2014

Add your review of Thundra

Shop for Thundra products online

Shop for Thundra at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Thundra

Member images of Thundra

There are no member images of Thundra yet. Why not be the first?