Antico Caruso
by Profumum

Antico Caruso information

HouseProfumum

About Antico Caruso

Antico Caruso is a shared / unisex perfume by Profumum.

Antico Caruso fragrance notes

Reviews of Antico Caruso

I've again attempted to expand my (very limited) perfume and EDT wardrobe. Sigh...I guess I do not do well with change and apparently there IS a very good reason I have such a limited "go-to fragrance wardrobe"--smile. With that said, I have taken somewhat to the new trend of sweet, spicy, cotton-candy, almond, sugary vanilla "gourmand" type scents. Such scents seem to be a nice departure (especially for spring & summer) from my heavier fragrances that consist of oud, musk, resins, sandalwood & other woodsy oils, etc.

Well, obviously sampling Antico Caruso was NOT an effort to find a "sugary" scent but a feeble effort to explore another dark, exotic, resinous fragrance. As others have stated, this is a non-complex scent that settled into two notes on me, well actually ONE note...powdery amber...period.

Trying to avoid doing so, I definitely detected the "barber shoppe" aroma among the opening notes. I detected an herbal & nearly medicinal accord in the opening notes, perhaps some citrus, too. Within minutes, the scent rapidly transitioned on me and I definitely detected some almond that was pleasant enough...just not PRESENT enough for my tastes.

And finally, as others have already stated, sadly on me the dry-down of this fragrance landed as a simple, very ordinary linear note...not almond (as many have stated) but to my senses, the final note was AMBER...and a soapy amber, I'd say! Maybe I'm sensing sandalwood (which I like quite a lot) and not amber. But I think I can detect sandalwood from amber. Antico Caruso definitely landed as amber...simple, non-complex, kinda ordinary amber.

On the plus side, longevity seems GREAT with this fragrance 'cause I applied it several hours back and it still smells quite song. Silage also seems to be quite strong as there are wafts of this stuff throughout my entire house right now. I actually caused one of my poor cats to sneeze when I hugged him a few minutes ago-lololol.

Nonetheless, I do not like the end results of this one on me. Traveling with it from its opening notes to its end was pleasant enough. But in the end, this fragrance feels (smells) too ordinary for me and way too masculine given my current preferences. Think I'll pass this on to my dear husband and see if he'd like to try if out for a while. Glad I got a tester/sample. Many thanks once again to Lucky Scent dot com!
25th February, 2015 (last edited: 26th February, 2015)
It is quite interesting to see that after ten whole years, a niche brand goes and makes an exact Le Male clone with that price range. Way to go.
23rd February, 2015
I love this line!! When I first smelled this at Osswald NYC I didn't wanna buy it, I thought it was too similar to JPG's le male. They do have similarities, but these guys are working with a bigger budget so the product is gonna be better quality. This is a beautiful blend of orange flowers and amber, it's sweet (not too sweet though) sophisticated and masculine. The almond in the middle and creamy sandalwood makes for a beautiful drydown. This is good for all seasons although its best in the winter. My new go to frag
30th December, 2012
drseid Show all reviews
I definitely get that barbershop vibe that other folks have mentioned from the almond and sandalwood notes that dominate this simplistic fragrance ... That said, the scent is super-linear and somewhat annoying after a short period of time. That, and of course the price is ridiculous for this kind of fragrance. Quite frankly, if you are looking for a barbershop scent of superior quality and complexity for 20% of the price, just look for Rive Gauche pour Homme from YSL. This one is not a bad scent, but nothing out of the ordinary and below average, earning a rating of 2 to 2.5 stars out of 5.
30th September, 2011 (last edited: 27th December, 2012)
Classy and elegant, yet modern and trendy. It has some similarities with Le Male, but this one is much more refined and classy. Very high quality scent, with great sillage and longevity. Works very well with both jeans and suit & tie.
20th March, 2011
Maybe this is Le Male for grownups.

I eschewed initially after a brief in store test. The opening notes do conjure up Le Male- the first time you smell it - but in many wearings over time, I don't get that vibe any more. It morphs into a fantastic almond/sandalwood scent that conjures up very opulent soap. It is fairly linear, but the quality is so good I don't care.

As to the "barbershop" thing- well, maybe European barbershop. It doesn't have the North American barbershop vibe to me.

The price is horrendous, and I certainly wish they sold it in 50ml bottles. But if this kind of scent appeals to you, it's worth it. It is top quality juice for sure.

I haven't tried all the Profumum scents, but this one makes it pretty clear they're working with high quality materials. Longevity is fantastic.

20th June, 2010 (last edited: 27th November, 2011)

Add your review of Antico Caruso

Shop for Antico Caruso products online

Shop for Antico Caruso at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Antico Caruso

Member images of Antico Caruso

There are no member images of Antico Caruso yet. Why not be the first?