Patchouly

Patchouly Fragrance notes

Patchouli, Amber, Sandalwood, Incense

Shop for Patchouly products online

Reviews of Patchouly

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

gmstrack's avatar
    gmstrack

Patchouly Profumum Roma is a rich, gorgeous patchouli/amber scent. The patchouli is earthy, incense-y, medicinal, and intense, however it is balanced with full, sensual amber, which develops into ambergris (as mentioned by the previous reviewer). The amber note is sweet and buttery-rich, and is the perfect foil for the not-so-tame patch. Also, a little goes a long way; the juice is so concentrated that one spray is lethal.

My nose is glued to my wrist.

14 December, 2012

fernwood's avatar
    fernwood

I've always liked patchouly ever since the 60's. That earthy smoky incense smell and you could wear it as a scent. Wow. I think my girlfriend wore it a lot then. Just the other night at dinner I noticed the waiter wearing patchouly. A young man barely out of his teens. It reminded me of all those years ago. It was not this patchouly though. This patchouly is the real deal. It starts out rugged raw and earthy but calms down quickly with a very nice sandalwood. The amber and incense add to the yin/yang feel to this scent. At once raw but smooth. Earthy but spiritual. Excellent sillage excellent longevity. A true winner from Profumum.

02 March, 2012

holyzoo's avatar
    holyzoo

I just can't do this. If I locked myself away in seclusion to mediate in a forced ritualistic earthy soul search, I'd dig out my sample of this. Otherwise, I'll do myself and the world a favor and keep it in the do-not-use pile.

23 March, 2010

foetidus

Excellent patchouli: deep, rich and incensy. I donít get as much amber in the accord as the others have identified, but I think that the amber accounts for the deeply rich fluidity of the fragrance. The patchouli, sandalwood, amber, and incense form a quite dry, dark behemoth of a fragrance. Yet, in its potency, it is an elegant fragrance that doesnít resort to rawness or roughness. Patchouly is just as smooth and rippleless as silk and glass. On my skin this doesnít come off as animalic, but it doesnít need toÖ Itís about as imposing a patchouli scent as Iíve encountered Ė long lasting, too.

16 April, 2009

iMaverick's avatar
    iMaverick

Mmmmm...warm powdery patchouli with an interesting beginning, animalic and bitter, much like that of a high quality oud note, or that animalic/hay undercurrent found in Dzing! Not a sweaty patchouli you smell in this one but more of the musty type that I revere so much.

29 April, 2007

mochi227's avatar
    mochi227

This is the dirtiest patchouli I've ever smelled. Patchouli's not exactly the cleanest scent, but this is like patchouli encrusted in wet dirt. There's some smokiness here that's present right from first application, and to me the sandalwood smells more "woody" than "sandalwood" to me. Although I'm not a huge fan of patchouli, this one scores points for being different than most. This potent scent clings to the skin. Nuetral because it's not for me, but I can respect it standing apart from a typical patchouli. Longevity is outstanding. I woke up with this still going rather strong on my wrists.

28 December, 2006