Marrons Glacés
    by Laura Mercier

Reviews of Marrons Glacés

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

bookwyrmsmith's avatar
    bookwyrmsmith

I keep going by the LM counter to sniff/try this. It has a nutty-woodyish-SWEET and candley smell to it .It makes me think of fall-Christmas time when we get scented candles in the foodie scents ( hazelnut creme, vanilla custard,toasted chestnut-etc.).
    If you like Balenciaga's Rumba for that candley note ,and you like the smell of the candle isle at big box stores,and you like sweet gourmand scents then I would recomend this to you .
    If you don't then you may want to pass on this one. As for me I want a bottle (in my big collection) it falls in the sweet,woodsyish,wierd for me and I like it .

21st October, 2011

lizzie_j's avatar
    lizzie_j

According to Laura Mercier, Marrons Glaces notes include: mirabelle & hazelnut leaves, cyclamine, jasmine, chesnut flower, heliotrope, vanilla and amber.
    Goodness--this should be right up my alley! Candied chestnuts, hazelnut (love hazelnut!) and a base of amber and vanilla! What's not to love? Alas, this fragrance turns plasticky and synthetic and unpleasant on my skin very quickly. A little rancid, even, like a fatty note that has broken down to its component fatty acids in the bottle..even before application. I love the IDEA of this fragrance, but the formula just doesn't work on my skin.

13 January, 2009