Rose Absolue (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseYves Rocher
PerfumerChristine Nagel

About Rose Absolue

Rose Absolue is a feminine perfume by Yves Rocher. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christine Nagel

Rose Absolue fragrance notes

Reviews of Rose Absolue

redrose Show all reviews
I was surprised how much I like this scent, given that it's not your typical rose frag. Rose is my favourite note, so I make a point of sampling everything rose-y that comes my way.
When I first spray it on, I get a strong impression of roses standing next to a glass of hot Ribena on a newly-polished table. The rose is there, but so is something very blackcurrant-like, and other, oriental notes. Cinnamon's there, and I even think I can detect some lavender, which is what gives it - to me - that furniture-polish quality. But I like the smell of furniture polish! And I love Ribena! Which means that, on a cold autumn or winter day, this scent is an excellent comforter.
As it dries down, I get creamy vanilla and sandalwood, plus the patchouli that others have mentioned, and it becomes very soft and subtle.
The price is great, too, and for my birthday YR sent me a free FB! So you can't beat that!
14th November, 2012
This smells a lot like Tauer's Une Rose Vermeille to me, with a little less sillage and staying power. It still sticks around for awhile though. It is one of the better rose scents out there, and it's incredibly affordable. The tonka bean note makes it sweet and creamy without being cloying. I normally dislike anything remotely gourmand, but this comes together in such a smooth and pretty way that it doesn't have a gourmand feel.
18th August, 2012
Janinae Show all reviews
Czech Republic
I just love this Rose! Nothing linear and simple like English rose scents but a good oriental rose. Very close to Bulgarian (Istambul and Taifi - all one family - brought from Balcan to Arab.Peninsula) with a soul from Arabian spice market. For me - rose perfection!

Update: the drydown is a bit similar to Noora by Al Haramain (cpo)
06th March, 2012
I find this far too sweet . I have read reviews suggesting it compares to Une Rose ,well lucky person who smells it like that . It's like cheap candy to my nose.
26th October, 2010
This IS 5 stars in my book! Smells expencive & niche! Good lastingpower too! This smells exactly like something by Jean Patou or some overpaid niche-brand would sell!!! An instant moder classic it is!!!

BTW: I think many of you would be interested in what the famous LUCA TURIN wrote about this in "THE GUIDE"?
So here it goes:

"3 Stars - fresh Rose: Rose Absloute is by far the best of Yves Rocher's latest set of three upmarket fragrances, a comfortable, lemony-powdery rose that feels strinkingly real, like the headspace rose reconstructions of the eighties, on a background of tonka and patchouli. Far better than one has any right to expect given the bargain price less than $40 for 2 ounces. LT"

Who could have said it better?
11th October, 2010 (last edited: 24th October, 2010)
shamu1 Show all reviews
I really wanted to like this because I'm a big YR fan and I like rose fragrances, but this just doesn't cut it. I find this to be rough and acerbic. The rose in this is not smooth or soft, but rather somewhat medicinal smelling. Its roughness is exacerbated by a sour, synthetic smelling note blended in with it, but which I cannot identify.

Everything does mellow out a bit after a half hour, and it smells like all the notes eventually try to blend in with one another, but they never quite do. The notes all smell like they're fighting against one another, never creating a coherent accord. I detect very little, if any, patchouli in this.

Rose Absolue isn't an awful fragrance, but it's not particularly good either. It's biggest flaw is its poor blending and lack of balance. I found Rose Absolue to be a disappointment.

MY RATING: 5/10

End Date: Saturday Apr-6-2019 15:40:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $29.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Rose Absolue

There are no member images of Rose Absolue yet. Why not be the first?