West Side (2006)

HouseBond No. 9
PerfumerMichel Almairac
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About West Side

Paying tribute to the musical headquaters of Manhattan: Carnegie Hall, Tin Pan Alley, the Cotton Club, the Copacobana, Birdland, Lincoln Center, Studio 54, and S.O.B.'s

West Side fragrance notes

Reviews of West Side

Picked this out of some samples Epapsiou sent me ages ago.
Twelve years ago the Aromachemicals were better than today or perhaps there is better crafting.
This is a beautiful take on Rose. Peony is blended to the Rose particularly well. A light touch of Patchouli draws my mind to a background of Tobacco. With a light spritz this presents an elegant aura approaching Ambre Nuit. Trounces Mancera Roses Greedy in structure and finesse.
Peony certainly has me vision Feminine, Frilly Pink Undergarment, however the patch provides a camphour in such a way as to steer this, to a surprisingly comfortable Masculine wear.
02nd December, 2016 (last edited: 29th August, 2018)
Stardate 20161107:

I love Tocade and when I tried west side I loved it too (perhaps the only one from this house)
This to me is Tocade Pour Homme. Less vanilla more Patchouli.
Ylang Ylang and other florals are subtle and support the star - the mighty rose.

Last long and is pleasant and unisex.
07th November, 2016
West Side is my wife's favorite Bond No9 fragrance. While she loved it from the first sniff, it's taken some time to grow on me. This fragrance is mostly rose, baker's vanilla and amber, although it sometimes seems to me that there's a tobacco note hidden behind the vanilla. While not gormound, it occasionally drifts into a cake batter like aroma when over applied. Like most Bonds, West Side is a powerful fragrance and a little is a lot IMO. At it's lower tone, I've found I like this fragrance a lot. I think it is one of the few unique Bond scents and quite versatile for any woman to wear. There's something youthful and something serious about it all in one. Although listed as unisex, most guys won't want to wear this.

While I still prefer Chinatown and So New York over West Side on my wife, I will endorse this as a great "go to" modern fragrance in my wife's wardrobe. Twist my arm and I have to give it a Thumbs Up
16th January, 2016
Are you sure there isn't a little chocolate in here?
Because of the ylang and rather heavy dose of vanilla I think of this as Banana Cream Samsara.
25th December, 2015
This has become my wife's signature scent.
I blind-bought this hoping I would like it.
We both sprayed it on and she said she REALLY liked it.
I thought it was too feminine, but could be worn casually by a male.

It is STRONG and could sometimes come off with a "grandma" vibe but with a modern twist. There is an undertone that smells similar to a pouch of chewing tobacco, but it's pleasant (which lends it to masculinity at times).

It's very unique and you'd be hard-pressed to run across someone else wearing this.
Wear this if you want to be NOTICED for your fragrance. My wife has received a tremendous amount of compliments from men, women and children when wearing West Side.

She used ½ of her 50ml bottle and I bought a 100ml bottle for her and took possession of the smaller bottle for myself.
17th April, 2015
Genre: Woody Oriental

Finally! A Bond No. 9 scent that doesn't come out of the bottle smelling exactly like something else. There's a massive rose here, and something that smells to me like an unlisted patchouli note, but the rose is far too sweet and winey to conjure up Voleur de Roses. West Side remains quite sweet as it develops, though the rose mellows to make room for other, somewhat indolic floral notes. There's some obvious vanilla in the foundation, along with a faintly animalic amber, and it's the floral, vanilla, and amber combination that dominates West Side for several hours on my skin. With time a raunchy little musk note pops out of the shadows to lend the scent a palpably "naughty” edge.

Later on the pendulum swings back, as the rose detaches itself and moves forward once more. Then, over a couple of hours, the entire composition slowly folds down into a soft amber and vanilla drydown. West Side has more character than many of the other Bond No. 9 scents, and its relatively long lifespan is another advantage. While I don't think it's earthshaking, I do consider it one of the line's more worthwhile scents.
09th July, 2014

$99.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Wednesday Feb-20-2019 2:27:30 PST
Buy It Now for only: $170.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list

Bond No. 9 Bon Bon EDP Travel Spray Refillable You Choose! GUARANTEED AUTHENTIC!

End Date: Wednesday Feb-20-2019 17:20:37 PST
Buy It Now for only: $24.00

Bond No 9 WestSide- 6 samples 1.7 ml New In Wrapper

End Date: Wednesday Feb-20-2019 18:44:48 PST
Buy It Now for only: $20.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

West Side by Bond No.9 Perfume 3.3 oz.EDP Spray Unboxed with Registration Card.

End Date: Thursday Feb-21-2019 10:08:02 PST

Bond No. 9 West Side Women's 1.7-ounce Eau de Parfum Spray-BRAND NEW

End Date: Saturday Feb-23-2019 8:48:06 PST
Buy It Now for only: $69.49

Member images of West Side

There are no member images of West Side yet. Why not be the first?