Smiley (2006)

• Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of Smiley

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 2 Negative Reviews

MissMagic's avatar
    MissMagic
    Sweden Sweden

SMILEY EDT: First a the sensation of fresh orange-peels, bergamot-peels, & pink grapefruit-peels sliced of the fruit in thin, thin slices (like the way you do when you slice citrus-fruit for a cake, or decoration for it). It brightens up my mood totally. After 20min the freshness settles, & SMILEY among *with the sweetened citrusfuit-peels still there* turns into a Mitsouko edp-Gourmand without the moss and slight "harshness" Mitsouku has. Yes it's true !! Really amazing is what this is. After 30min you get a slight hint of freshly cut open cocoa fruit (like the fesh cocoa-note that Jo Malones "Blue Agava and Cacao" has.) In the end myrrh, musk and a woody patchouli comes into the picture (but not harsh overwhelming patchouli, just perfectly enough). I'm amazed!

26 May, 2010

Jemimagold's avatar
    Jemimagold

Packaging is definitely the initial lure of the Smiley fragrance. The plastic sample pouch with its broad sunny yellow stripe and the smiley face just begs to be opened. Smiley is also marketed on the label as being a "psycho-tonic"/"anti-depressant" perfume, which means, I guess, that if you spray this on, you won't need Xanax. It is also a sad commentary on today's culture that we apparently need such a thing. Anyways, the hype is kind of intriguing and novel but, utmost, for me is how does the juice smell? Well, here goes. To me, Smiley is a pungent, relentlessly fruity, sweet perfume without much depth or zest. It smelled vaguely citrusy but I am hard pressed to isolate a particular note. Perhaps this will help: If you enjoy Apothia's IF or Bond's Little Italy, you would most likely be thrilled with Smiley's fragrance. Also, given its strong candy-like smell and the rad design, I would say that those Japanese teenage girls who wear babydoll outfits with Hello Kitty accoutrements up and down Tokyo's shopping streets would ADORE Smiley.

Here are the notes, per Now Smell This: bergamot, orange, cocoa, praline, curaçao, patchouli, myrrh and musk.

19 June, 2008

Tovah's avatar
    Tovah

For years, I've been reading negative reviews about Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune's "b.o." and "cat urine" notes. Well, I've found a fragrance that evokes such odors for me. Smiley, of all things! I found this revolting; like cheap, obnoxious aftershave. I try to be open-minded about fragrances, but this one just repulsed me. (Please don't be offended if you love this. It just hates my particular chemistry, unfortunately.) On me, Smiley's blend of notes is cacaphonous and utterly annoying. I'll try it again in six months...maybe I've having a negative hormonal reaction or something. Sadly, I can't smell any orange, chocolate, praline or Curaçao. I get bergamot and patchouli, and something incensey. These notes sound good, but they're not good on me. In fact, Smiley smells okay when I sniff the sample. The positive thing (for anyone else) about this scent is that it's as strong as pure patchoulli oil on a hot humid day. I could not wash the stuff off.

01st November, 2007