Encre Noire (2006)

PerfumerNathalie Lorson
Parent CompanyDenz > Art & Fragrance
Parent Company at launchPochet Group

About Encre Noire

Encre Noire is a masculine fragrance by Lalique. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Nathalie Lorson

Encre Noire fragrance notes

Reviews of Encre Noire

Its strong , and kinda nice, but its not my cup of tea .
A pure high quality vetiver, it gets compliments .
I can see why like this though.
10th October, 2017
The fragrance in itself is very good. It is dark, earthy, smoky and then some. A refreshingly unique scent, so different from the usual masculine products.
Why the thumbs down, then? The problem is that this fragrance does not seem to last more than a couple of hours. I have even tried deliberately over-applying, almost dousing in it, but to no avail. I am totally sure that my bottle is original and fresh, so I cannot figure out what could possibly be wrong here. I tried Terre d'Hermes once and could still smell it on my skin the day after, it's a pity that I didn't like it half as much as Encre Noire.
I am really disappointed because I love this fragrance and it would be great if people around me could actually smell it.
Sillage: none. Projection: none. Longevity: maybe three hours if you pour half a bottle on yourself.
03rd October, 2017
Very nice initial blast of vetiver and ferns, with maybe a lot of iso e. The scent power is high for the first half-hour or so. Then it rapidly drops in power, turning into a skin scent that continues on for a number of hours. My overall impression is that it is a well made scent with lots of iso e. Once the vetiver and iso e fades, you need to get close to your skin to smell the light vetiver and incense scent. Still I find it a very enjoyable EDT - more than I had expected to like.

Worth buying for men who are older than 27. This is not a kids scent.
09th September, 2017
When I put this on this morning I was like wow that's good. On the drive into work I keep getting notes that really interest me. Very good smelling cologne. However it's already fading so I imagine the longevity will be poor.
And it was.
15th July, 2017
I'm clearly missing something here. I don't get it. I found this to be simply horrendous- way too sharp and bitter. Seeing all of the love here, I'm going to give it another shot, but I"m not optimistic.
07th May, 2017
Ifti Show all reviews
2 years and 3 bottles later... still beguiled by this!
05th April, 2017