Encre Noire (2006)

PerfumerNathalie Lorson
Parent CompanyDenz > Art & Fragrance
Parent Company at launchPochet Group

About Encre Noire

Encre Noire is a masculine fragrance by Lalique. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Nathalie Lorson

Encre Noire fragrance notes

Reviews of Encre Noire

Very nice initial blast of vetiver and ferns, with maybe a lot of iso e. The scent power is high for the first half-hour or so. Then it rapidly drops in power, turning into a skin scent that continues on for a number of hours. My overall impression is that it is a well made scent with lots of iso e. Once the vetiver and iso e fades, you need to get close to your skin to smell the light vetiver and incense scent. Still I find it a very enjoyable EDT - more than I had expected to like.

Worth buying for men who are older than 27. This is not a kids scent.
09th September, 2017
When I put this on this morning I was like wow that's good. On the drive into work I keep getting notes that really interest me. Very good smelling cologne. However it's already fading so I imagine the longevity will be poor.
And it was.
15th July, 2017
I'm clearly missing something here. I don't get it. I found this to be simply horrendous- way too sharp and bitter. Seeing all of the love here, I'm going to give it another shot, but I"m not optimistic.
07th May, 2017
Ifti Show all reviews
2 years and 3 bottles later... still beguiled by this!
05th April, 2017
Amazing vetiver scent from Lalique! Encre Noir was a complete blind-buy that I do not regret.

Encre Noir bears a great resemblance to other "green" fragrances like Lacoste (original), Versace Green Jeans, Versace Black Jeans, and the newer (still in production) Curve Black: A damp pine forest, full of woody warmth and character that relaxes the mind and envelopes like the presence of a good friend. But this fougere doesn't have the sort of sharpness of Green Jeans nor especially of Lacoste (original), which makes it more wearable for me.

I instantly got complimented wearing Encre Noir on the same day it'd arrived by mail. It will occupy a welcome part of my personal collection; and like the other Lalique fragrances I have, Encre Noir will be sure to please for years to come. ;^>
09th March, 2017
My first Vetiver dominated frag. bought based on a comparative thread from this site (thank you all). Very high quality given the budget price and a nice way (beyond a test vial) to figure out how something as dark as "V" appeals to you.

This one is nearly all about the V, with a cedarish scent in the background (Cyprus I suppose). Very little on the top to balance this top to bottom. Its a nice V for sure, a bit earthy IMO, yet not particularly so.

It took me a while to develop a nose for anything this dark. I still dislike most dark scents; but, I like this one. "Black Ink" is a very appropriate name. As one could expect from a big dose of V; it has very good strength, projection and longevity. Not for everyone; but real nice if you might favor "V".
15th February, 2017