Burning Leaves (2005)

Year of Launch2005

HouseCB I Hate Perfume
PerfumerChristopher Brosius

About Burning Leaves

Burning Leaves is a shared / unisex perfume by CB I Hate Perfume. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Brosius

Reviews of Burning Leaves

Genre: Woods

Just as advertised! Nostalgia in a bottle!

This is the smell of burning leaves in autumn, and it's delightful. A quiet scent that stays close to the skin, as if I'd just been burning leaves and a bit of the smoke is still clinging to my clothing. I'm especially pleased that this smells nothing at all like cigarette smoke.

The very definition of a comfort scent, Burning Leaves brings back a flood of childhood memories. It makes me smile. (This review is based on the water perfume version of Burning Leaves. I have not smelled the absolute.)
09th June, 2014
Hard to review.

Less of a fragrance you wear and more something you want to just experience. The smoke note in here is almost surprising, you don't expect it to smell as realistic as it does. There's a slightly sweet undertone. I somewhat feel that if you didn't know the name was "Burning Leaves" you would assume it smelled of campfire or barbecue. I guess what I'm saying is, there are a lot of things that smell smokey, I'm not sure if this completely captures that exact smell of burning fall leaves.

But! It comes really close. I have no idea how hard it is to replicate something so exact, but if you love the smell, this will do it for you.

For me though, it's not something I can wear. I wish it was a candle, in fact if I got extra time I'd love to try and make one out of some of the oil.

(Another slight annoyance, and this goes for the whole line, is the water base. On my skin it just never quite dries up and leaves the spot feeling cold. It's just unpleasant and will probably keep me away from any of the water perfumes.)
13th November, 2012
So faithful that I got the memory of a place I stayed before recognizing the smell as burning leaves - I didn't register at the time that that was what I was smelling there, this made me realise.
22nd August, 2011
chet31 Show all reviews
This smells a lot like burning leaves to me. Now I am just trying to figure out if I want to smell like burning leaves. Could possibly work as an autumn scent? Still, a thumbs up for the name matching the scent, and for something different and fun.
24th June, 2011
This smells like maple, and like burning, but not like burning leaves. It's more like artificial smoke flavor and maple syrup.
02nd June, 2011
The perfume of maple leaves ablaze – sweetly toothsome, like the pan-stickings of caramelized root vegetables – and also bringing us one grateful step closer to a fantasy product originally envisaged by William Burroughs in his 'Naked Lunch':

"My dear, I'm working on the most marvellous invention... a boy who disappears as soon as you come, leaving a smell of burning leaves and a sound effect of distant train whistles."

When Burning Leaves is laid upon the damp forest floor of CB I Hate Perfume Black March, it evokes an Autumn evening the likes of which might make you swoon. It does me.
01st January, 2011

Add your review of Burning Leaves

Shop for Burning Leaves products online

Search Amazon for Burning Leaves

Member images of Burning Leaves

There are no member images of Burning Leaves yet. Why not be the first?