Memory of Kindness (2006)
    by CB I Hate Perfume

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 24 ratings

Memory of Kindness information

Memory of Kindness is a unisex fragrance by CB I Hate Perfume. The scent was launched in 2006

Reviews of Memory of Kindness

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

KEM44's avatar

I turned to this sample when my Russian Tea Caravan was gone and I was desperate for a scent. I learned 3 things about CB scent from Memory of Kindness. The first is that these fragrances become much more interesting and complex on your skin than they are when you just sniff the bottle, so even if you don't fall in love at first whiff, it might be worth a try anyway. That is certainly the case for me with this fragrance. Sniffing the bottle I get nothing but tomato vine, but on my skin the scent unfolded into something green and lovely and complex.

The second thing I learned from this scent is that it's worth the effort to blank out the reviews and just smell the scent like you dont know what it's *supposed* to be. When I smell this fragrance without "tomato!" screaming in my mind, the tomato vine is there somewhere but what I really get is a very sophisticated and unusual scent. And third: I live in Michigan and it was 31 below zero in January. Do I really want to smell like a tomato vine? Yes! I put some of this on my scarf and it was utterly fabulous to be outside in the polar vortex and smell something so green and alive. This is going to be my January scent from now on.

01st February, 2014 (Last Edited: 13 February, 2014)

Danjan Zoniel's avatar

I often touch the tomato stalk when I'm in the food store, just to get that wonderful smell on my fingers for a while. This is just that smell, bottled. There is nothing else to say. I think that's perfectly in line with what you could expect from a reality perfume.

I put a drop or two on the outside of my fingers to have something to smell while watching a movie or surfing the net. It fades away rather quickly though. I wish I had a lot of hair on my fingers, the hair would keep the scent longer I guess.

25 November, 2009

JessicaGrace's avatar

Opens with an acrid, rather poisonous green note. I think of tomato leaves being a bit warmer and yummier than this. I would have guess this was ivy, or a similar dark, crushed green. Ripens a bit on the skin over time, to something more like the full tomato fruit. I've had the same experience with several in the line, in that they fade with an hour or two into a signature flat, slightly sweet vegetal tone that could be either fresh or dull depending on how you take it. Not exciting enough to wear again.

04 September, 2009

E-beth's avatar

Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

Very crisp and green; acrid with a shadow of sweetness. Open with pure tomato leaf, but there's an underlying metalic/salty note that develops over time. This is not a complex scent: pure, straightforward, and simple. Despite the lack of layers (and their mystique), I find this scent compulsive-- I keep returning to my wrist for another fix. The perfect scent for a non-perfume occasion like gardenning, the farmer's market, or an early morning walk.

15 July, 2008

beltz's avatar

As said on the CB website, it smells like tomato leaves. Nothing more. It's a very, very natural scent and it definitely makes you think of being outside, in the summer. I was trying to figure out the reason for the name and my guess is that the creator of the scent probably planted tomatoes with a loved family member. It's a pleasant smell but although I was impressed at first, I don't think I would wear this again, except for when I miss the summer. A "freshly cut grass" scent would be better for that still.

15 July, 2008

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

True tomato leaves. I love the scent, but I'm not sure I want to smell like it. To my nose it's pretty much a tomato leaf single note, and good as it is I'm sure you could get a decent replacement for much less. Or a number of real tomato plants to smell instead. I think I would prefer that.

06 February, 2007