Lucky Number 6 for Men (2006)
by Lucky Brand

Lucky Number 6 for Men information

Year of Launch2006

HouseLucky Brand
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchClaiborne Cosmetics

About Lucky Number 6 for Men

Lucky Number 6 for Men is a masculine fragrance by Lucky Brand. The scent was launched in 2006

Reviews of Lucky Number 6 for Men

I like several inexpensive fragrances – but this isn’t one of them. I think it’s the combination pineapple / watery note in the opening that turns me off – just too plastic for my taste. And then there’s the gingerlily… I never did get along with gingerlily and this one's worse than usual. These synthetic ambiances hang around for the total run of the fragrance, so I pretty much have to sign off on Lucky Number 6. I guess “6” isn’t my lucky number. But there is one good thing about it: it smells much better on my clothes than on my skin.
03rd May, 2015
Genre: Fougère

Hats off to Lucky Brand for taking a chance on some pretty daring top notes. Not just the usual lemon zest here, but instead an odd sweet/savory accord with suggestions of coriander and chili peppers. It has me thinking of take-out from the Thai restaurant around the corner, and for a few minutes I anticipate something more interesting than a bland men’s “sport” fragrance. The rest of Lucky Number 6 is nothing quite so terrible, but it’s not terribly exciting, either. As the quirky top notes dissipate, Lucky Number 6 sheds any hint of exoticism and settles into a pleasant, but undistinguished spicy fougère groove. I give it credit for not smelling overtly chemical, and for maintaining a well-judged balance between, woody, spicy, and abstract fruity notes at its core, but I can’t help feeling disappointed that it doesn’t live up to the promise of its clever, funky opening.
27th July, 2014
Lucky Number 6 is a nice surprise. I got a bottle of it in a swap here, having never smelled it before, and I enjoy it enough that'll I'll probably seek out a backup at some point.

Being that there's no picture here on basenotes, I have to assume those saying this smells like Fahrenheit or Grey Flannel are mistakenly filing reviews for a different scent here. This has nothing in common with Fahrenheit or Grey Flannel. It's a sweet, fruity crowd-pleaser type of scent. I also think there's some confusion about this one online. Sometimes it's listed as a Lucky Brand scent. Other times, it's listed as being by Liz Claiborne.

This is an ultra-safe scent, and that's not a bad thing. Cheep & cheerful. It smells like plum and neroli over amber and spice. Maybe there's some sandalwood in there too. I give it a thumbs up without hesitation.
05th April, 2014
bought this blind because i heard good things and it was cheap. dont care for the scent very much its not the worst thing i have ever smells but i would never.. never wear it. but i could see where some people might like it
23rd January, 2014
Can't stand the smell of this stuff. I got it really cheap... I think it was $6, but that was too much.
06th September, 2012
I really don't care for this at all. I made a blind buy because I figured, "heck, it's only $15." Well, I want my $15 back. The sprayer is also one of the worst ever. Of the colognes I have owned, this is on par with Lacoste Essential for lowest yield per spray ever. The longevity is terrible, the projection is also not good. This is almost a skin scent for me, even with spraying 7 sprays all over my torso. It lasts like 2 hours, tops. It's also extremely synthetic smelling, which isn't always a bad thing but here I just don't find the synthetic plum, or whatever is supposed to be, charming in the least.

14th January, 2012 (last edited: 21st January, 2012)

Add your review of Lucky Number 6 for Men

Shop for Lucky Number 6 for Men products online

Shop for Lucky Number 6 for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lucky Number 6 for Men

Member images of Lucky Number 6 for Men

There are no member images of Lucky Number 6 for Men yet. Why not be the first?