After My Own Heart (2006)
by Ineke

After My Own Heart information

Year of Launch2006

HouseIneke
PerfumerIneke Rühland
PackagingRamona Rühland
PackagingHelena Seo

About After My Own Heart

After My Own Heart is a feminine perfume by Ineke. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ineke Rühland. The bottle was designed by Helena Seo and Ramona Rühland

After My Own Heart fragrance notes

Reviews of After My Own Heart

Shycat Show all reviews
To me, this opens with fizzing crisp greens that settle in about 10 minutes to a green white lilac, nice enough except for the dirty body whiffs of musk that puff through it as it shortly veers into soap. This soap becomes stronger and stronger, as though trying to get that body enticed into a shower for a good scrubbing. Did somebody say scrub? The only saving grace of this fragrance for me would be if it did, in fact, suds up on it own when meeting hot water.

Where did I put my nail brush? I need it for my arm.
05th September, 2018
Lilac at first blast. Touch of bergamot and sandalwood step in. Then I get some green notes. No raspberry here at all according to my nose. The middle goes back to a greenish-lilac note. Not sweet at all here. Becomes rather mundane - no thrills. The base reveals a smidge of heliotrope and musk in an uneventful ending.
03rd September, 2018
A particularly delicious raspberry note leads into the lilac, which is represented as an abstract sort of rosy smell, peppered with a pinch of hairspray aldehydes. This all happens over soapy fabric softener musks, which gives a very modern feel to this.

Smelled blind, I would have assumed this was a 2018 Armani or Tori Burch or something similar - the abstract floral fabric softener smell paired with realistic fruit is hyper-modern, so Ineke was definitely ahead of her time releasing this 12 years ago. That being said, that high-gloss fabric softener sheen feels so mainstream and commonplace now that it's hard to get really excited by this. Saying that this would feel completely at home in a mall Sephora is a compliment, but not much of one.
22nd June, 2018
Cool, almost aquatic, green lilac, refreshing and uncomplicated, but unfortunately saddled with a huge dose of fluffy synthetic musks which drag it into budget designer clichés. If you can overlook the musk, it’s a shorts-and-sandals kind of scent which is light and lifting for a few hours before turning into lilac soap.
01st November, 2013
Great lilac, nice fragrance. Thumbs up
05th January, 2013
The concept behind this fragrance and the tiny, elegantly wrapped in paper sample are wonderful. Add that I love natural lilacs and you'd think I would appreciate this scent. Alas, not at all. On my skin it starts crispy clean, then a sweet lilac note appears for just a while to be soon replaced by an unpleasant aquatic, pungent laundry musk. It lasts for too long, leaving me with the feeling that I have overdone with my morning toilette...
13th April, 2012

Add your review of After My Own Heart

Shop for After My Own Heart products online

Ineke After My Own Heart Eau De Parfum, 2.5 oz/75 ml EDP TESTER

End Date: Monday May-13-2019 16:31:46 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $49.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of After My Own Heart

There are no member images of After My Own Heart yet. Why not be the first?