Fireside (2007)
    by Sonoma Scent Studio

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 20 ratings

Fireside information

Fireside is a unisex fragrance by Sonoma Scent Studio. The scent was launched in 2007

Reviews of Fireside

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

I got to be honest here, the first whiff smells sweet and chemical, pretty much like a roach spray. But it soon acquires a more gasoline-like character and that’s when I start thinking of barbecues and the way my hands would smell after handling some wood coals. Over the next hour FIRESIDE loses its chemical cloak somewhat, the coals having caught fire and what passes for the sweet scent of woodsmoke rises in the air to ride the cool afternoon breeze.

While I can appreciate the idea behind Fireside, I’m not totally convinced with its execution as an evocative scent. I have sat by campfires before and have caught the scent of woodsmoke in cold weather. The lingering sweetness here is just not quite as smoky nor as woodsy as I would have preferred it to be and retains that annoying chemical vibe which I find hard to shake. Not the most wearable option from Sonoma Scent Studio IMO.

Notes:
    Indian sandalwood, Himalayan cedar, Texas cedar, guaiacwood, nagarmotha (Cyperus), birch tar, myrrh.

11th January, 2010

Ranger's avatar

My first impression was Lonestar by Tauer. I actually liked this better. Not as sweet as Lonestar, but I still get a root beer sort of tobacco gasoline smell. Lasting power is adequate but definately not great. All said, a solid perfume. My favorite of the ones I've tried from Sonoma (ambre noir, tabac aurea and winter woods).

19th August, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar

A more wearable version of Eau du Fier. Has that smoldering woods of a fireplace but while its going on. Slightly smokey and sweet. The Intense version is more animalic. A very interesting scent.

17th January, 2009

Jemimagold's avatar

I really wanted to like Fireside as I generally swoon over smoky, woodsy scents such as 10 Corso Como and Tam Dao. I've thought a lot about it and I think my discomfort with Fireside has to do with the omnipresent and discordant tobacco note which is simply out of place, that is, unless one is North Carolina tobacco farmer from the 1800's. To my nose, it is just not realistic to have tobacco dominate a scent meant to evoke a fireside. To me, the perfect interpretation of an indoor hearth is the smell of Diptyque's Feu de Bois candle (which I think may also be in perfume form now) and my favorite outdoor bonfire scent is CBIHP's Burning Leaves.

Here are the notes, per the Sonoma Scent Studio's Website: Indian sandalwood, Himalayan cedar, Texas cedar, guaiac wood, nagarmotha (Cyperus), birch tar, and myrrh.

06th May, 2008

CEH's avatar

I thought this one might be a little smokier, but I still really like this scent. It is a mix of insence, sandalwood, and a little spice. The oil stays close to the skin and lasts about three hours on me. It is much smoother than the title implies.

24th January, 2007