Voile de Violette (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseSonoma Scent Studio
PerfumerLaurie Erickson

About Voile de Violette

Voile de Violette is a shared / unisex perfume by Sonoma Scent Studio. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Laurie Erickson

Voile de Violette fragrance notes

Reviews of Voile de Violette

I detect a hint of violet at first, and then Voile de Violette turns into a heavy, bitter myrrh and nothing else. Really nothing else. On me, a most unpleasant experience.
27th May, 2015
Voile de Violette is predominantly a violet fragrance, but, on me, the rose plays a strong supporting role, even though the list of notes indicates only a "hint" of rose -- maybe my skin brings it out.

I don't find this violet powdery in the least, despite the presence of iris. Rather, I think the vegetal/rooty aspects of iris are emphasized, and the iris, vetiver, and violet leaf combine to bring a green earthiness to Voile de Violette. It is NOT, however, mossy. It also isn't particularly sweet on me, but I tend to have a *very* high tolerance for sweet fragrances, so I may not be the best judge of how relatively sweet it is or is not.

This is Voile de Violette for me: picture a carpet of newly opened violets on wet earth in early spring after a good rain. The violet is both green and lush at the same time, and the rose gives it a jammy, almost plum-like quality in the opening. Then the violet, rose, and cedar share center stage for most of the wearing, at least on me. I have yet to locate the myrrh -- I hope I do find it because I love myrrh.

Like nearly all of Laurie's fragrances, Voile de Violette has *amazing* longevity. I wore it the other day and could still smell it in my hair in the shower after more than 24 hours.
23rd February, 2013
Quarry Show all reviews
Reminds me of a bitter Rosine Rose d'Homme with violet added. I expect it would smell better on a person with sweet skin than it does on me. I tend to make fragrances smell sour.
22nd January, 2013
Sonoma Scent Studio VOILE DE VIOLETTE is a rich and earthy violet perfume which makes me feel as though I were walking through a slightly damp forest on spongy ground surrounded by tall trees. The path on which I step is strewn with the usual green leaves and pine needles, along with beautiful purple violet petals which don't really belong here and so must have been left by some nocturnal elves. VOILE DE VIOLETTE has a forest facet that I have not encountered before in a violet-focused composition. The sweetness is offset by the slightly dirty, dark greenish, woody quality. I am impressed by the longevity and the sillage is big enough to notice without overpowering. I'd love to have a bottle of this!
10th July, 2011
Floral. Deep.

This may be the best floral I've tried on me. In contrast to the sharpness another reviewer has experienced, I get the lushness of a whole field of flowers. Great depth and balance, very smooth on the skin, it's quite an enchanting scent. I just feel fresher, better with it on.
14th April, 2011 (last edited: 15th April, 2011)
BayKAT Show all reviews
I'm discovering that there are many ways to handle the violet note. In this composition it is very woody, earthy and deep (brings to mind my visits to European castles where I saw rooms lined with walnut overlay instead of tapestries)

While I"m not the biggest fan of this earth heavy note, I"m also not opposed to it, and when the powdery iris and green hay appear I find it quite comforting. However, there is something here that just doesn't work for me, a sweet note, possibly the tonka bean or myrrh. It's the olfactory equivalent of stepping into one of those walnut overlaid rooms, running your eyes over the velvet covered furniture, ornate dressing tables, majestic paintings, and then a lava lamp in the corner.

'What's this?' you'd say. It would be out of place, not right. When everything else is conservative, deep and rich, this flamboyant flair is not necessary. It would ruin your experience, and you' would move on to a different room.
24th February, 2010

Add your review of Voile de Violette

Shop for Voile de Violette products online

Search Amazon for Voile de Violette

Member images of Voile de Violette

There are no member images of Voile de Violette yet. Why not be the first?