English Fern
by Bronnley

English Fern information

About English Fern

English Fern is a feminine perfume by Bronnley.

English Fern fragrance notes

Reviews of English Fern

Reviewing EDT.

What I like this stuff! Soapy, smoky, and great for hot and humid weather. It is a pleasant green scent (with some medicine-like notes) that is strangely home-like and comforting. My mood calms down everytime I wear this.
18th September, 2011
As odysseusm's review opener says, Basenotes has this listed as a feminine fragrance, but I've seen it marketed in many shops here in the UK (including Bronnley merchants) as being for gents. The reality is that it's probably unisex, but it definitely errs more on the feminine than masculine. A very weird frag which at no point really smells of fern - like odysseusm, I also can't detect any fern note at all. What I do get is an unusual smoky sweet and very synthetic woody floral which to me smells "cheap" and doesn't really change. Given that this is a cologne splash designed to be used in quantity, silage and longevity are surprisingly good - a good 4 to 5 hours on me - but whether anyone actually wants to smell like this for that long is open to question. I certainly don't - one of only two frags I've poured down the sink.
07th January, 2010 (last edited: 05th May, 2010)
This site lists Bronnley’s English Fern as a feminine scent, and I agree. I am a big fan of fern or fougere scents. R& G’s fern soap, Trumper’s Wild Fern and Penhaligon’s English Fern have the most marvellous green, mildly “rubbery” scent. I thought I’d try Bronnley and see what they did with it. I am reviewing the Body Splash Cologne. This is an odd scent (to my nose), not anything remotely fern-like about it. Initially it is sweet; like candy, chocolate or almonds. It then settles into a sweet hay scent. It is impossible to get information on the fragrance notes, but I’d guess they are mint, light moss, sweet musk, maybe some patchouli. There is almond oil in the soap and this splash, that also adds a sweet nutty aspect. The soap has a more pleasing, grassy smell than the Cologne. Final verdict – too sweet for me.
20th June, 2007

Add your review of English Fern

Shop for English Fern products online

Search Amazon for English Fern

Member images of English Fern

There are no member images of English Fern yet. Why not be the first?