Woody Sandalwood

Woody Sandalwood information

HouseBody Shop
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group

About Woody Sandalwood

Woody Sandalwood is a feminine perfume by Body Shop.

Reviews of Woody Sandalwood

I bought a bottle of this twenty-odd years ago and eked it out to the last drop. I have no idea if it was authentic -- many perfumers now use synthetics owing to the decimation of Indian sandalwood through overharvesting -- but whether nature or man made it, I remember it as very, very good. When I last visited a Body Shop location, I gave their tester a try for old times' sake. The new Woody Sandalwood now lacks all of the dusky mystery of its predecessor. In fact, it smells like flat, warm root beer in a can-- and I'm bitterly disappointed.
30th January, 2010
This smells very spicy and the wood scent is too fake. However, blending it with a straight up floral makes it more mellow.
24th January, 2010
Doesn't smell like sandalwood. Smells spicy and ambery, like a bland Youth Dew knock-off. Not at all offensive but totally unremarkable.
13th May, 2009
A warm, soft, slightly sweet woody scent that lasts and lasts. The small bottle is good for traveling. Informal, familiar and friendly. Good for men or women.
21st November, 2007
I find the scent of Sandalwood to be very healing. That being said, when I am having "one of those days", I will add this to whatever fragrance I choose to wear that day. It works best with the oriental-vanilla's in my collection, actually makes a common scent into something fantastic.

by its self, I am Switzerland on this... Small bottle, cute, application a pain once its half full.
03rd November, 2007
I have a hard time finding a good sandalwood fragrance. Sandalwood is in danger of being overharvested, so most fragrances by that name contain only a hint of this rare ingredient, which is then shored up by supporting notes. Some would call this adulteration, but it is necessary--or the real thing would cost a fortune. If the sandalwood actually smells strong and diffusive, it is most likely a chemical substitute. My favorites so far are Etro Sandalo, for a straightforward santal, myrrh, amber fragrance; Lorenzo Villoresi for a complicated, herbal, woody, rose, vetiver composition; and the streamlined Tam Dao aroma of cut lumber and rosewood. Also enjoyable are Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Santal Noble for the syrupy amber and santal combo; and (for educational purposes of how unadorned sandal wood should smell) Madini's simple, smoky Santal Blanc.
On a paper strip, TBS Woody Sandalwood is too spicy, dominated by clove and cinnamon. I rejected it outright but decided to put some on my arm for good measure. After I took a shower, it was infinitely more acceptable--even beautiful--when the hot water washed off the spices and brought out the warm wood. I bought a bottle but ultimately ended up disappointed with the candy-like tones of the spice and the rather flat sandalwood. On one hand, I loved the woodiness; but on the other hand, I detected a hint of root-beer. I think that the woodiness I found so attractive was actually a sweetened patchouli note (which sometimes reminds me of sassafras.) It was the patchouli that won me over. This is a fine, inexpensive, easily available fragrance, but there are better sandalwoods to be found.

26th July, 2007

Add your review of Woody Sandalwood

Shop for Woody Sandalwood products online

Search Amazon for Woody Sandalwood

Member images of Woody Sandalwood

There are no member images of Woody Sandalwood yet. Why not be the first?