Moschino Funny! (2007)

Year of Launch2007

HouseMoschino
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu

About Moschino Funny!

Moschino Funny! is a feminine perfume by Moschino. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu

Moschino Funny! fragrance notes

Reviews of Moschino Funny!

Genre: Floral

Funnyís blaring and blatantly synthetic tropical fruit top notes do not bode well for the rest of the wearing experience, but they are partially relieved after fifteen minutes or so by a crisp and pleasantly bitter edged green tea note. Jasmine is next to appear, but before the heart can settle into a fruit-sweetened green jasmine tea accord a loud peony races in and tosses handfuls of bright sequins atop the structure. Depending upon your tastes, you will find this either A: bold, knowingly ironic, and appealingly campy, or B: insufferably gauche.

You wonít have that much time to make up your mind, because within a half an hour Funnyís focus shifts again Ė this time toward a sweet, green, and somewhat powdery violet, where it remains for most of its remaining lifespan. Which isnít all that long. Funnyís time lapse development skips ahead after another hour, this time fading precipitously to a very quiet drydown of mild amber and clean white musk. From a raucous shout to a whisper in under two hours.

I canít say Iím sure what to think of Funny as a fragrance. There certainly is humor in the way it careens from one disparate accord to another, like some sort of olfactory pinball. On the other hand, I donít find the bumpers that it bounces off of all that interesting, and when the ball falls back into the slot the bland, timid drydown isnít much of a payoff. As an olfactory joke, Funny could do with a better punch line.
19th June, 2014
I bought Funny! six months ago when I was shopping with a group of friends without testing it first. I'm very glad now that I did. Originally I bought Funny! because I loved the cute little bottle, but after some time the fragrance grew on me and now I absolutely adore this fragrance.

I really love this perfume because for once you can really smell the difference between the top, middle and base notes. Funny! starts out really fruity for the first hour, then eventually it mellows into a delightful floral where you can definitely smell the peony, jasmine, green tea and violet. The middle notes last for ages and when the perfume finally starts to fade, your nose is met with a beautiful and calming ambery scent.

I love wearing this during Spring or when I need a mood boost. Because like the perfume says, it does have that ability to make you Funny!

26th April, 2011
I was very pleasantly surprised by this perfume. It DOES have three distinct layers, as others have pointed out, and I don't agree at all that it's "just for young girls." It's calming, peaceful, feminine, and a little quirky...but very well-rounded. I have a feeling I'll be reaching for this one a lt this summer...

I'm not usually attracted to fragrances with orange or strong citrus in the top notes, but this has a beautiful mixture that quickly blends into green tea and soft florals (I get the jasmine and poeny, mostly.) The dry-down is lovely - surprisingly musky for such a light scent! Lasts all day for me, too. This is a great pick-me-up!

Feb
2009
28th March, 2011
I gave a bottle of Funny to my wife, it quickly disappeared! Young, peppery, and citrusy, without being over the top. I heard it is now discontinued-- buy it up if you have the chance!
09th March, 2011
Very much like Light Blue. Nice, refreshing, summery, nothing more.
16th December, 2009
Basically, Moschino Funny is a fruity orange fragrance (bitter orange, mostly) with a clean musky base and a hint of flowers (peonies are most prominent) and green tea. It's a lovely and happy scent, quiet linear, not overly sweet, with excellent lasting power; it's easy to wear and joyful. I like it a lot. Of course there's nothing extravagant or groundbreaking about it, but a lot of things can go wrong with fruity florals and here they don't. Thumbs up!
01st December, 2009

Add your review of Moschino Funny!

Shop for Moschino Funny! products online

Shop for Moschino Funny! at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Moschino Funny!

Member images of Moschino Funny!

There are no member images of Moschino Funny! yet. Why not be the first?