Steam Aoud
    by Montale

Reviews of Steam Aoud

Showing 1 to 6 of 15 reviews.

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

As already stressed this is an heavy aoud fragrance where some other notes as rose and sandalwood hardly manage to interact with the main note of aoud. The powerful presence of aoud blended with some indonesian herbs with a scarce presence of sweetness causes a sort of steamy smell that lingers around in loneliness for hours with its shadowy edge till when an hint of mildness starts rising from the brew of roses and sandalwood. The herbs (hoggar Mota) procure a certain level of drought although the final amber exudes a touch of mellifluence. I don't catch the dissonance of caraway. It leans on the manly side in my opinion. Longevity and sillage are in line with the Montale's standards.

27 May, 2011 (Last Edited: 30th September, 2011)

foetidus

All I get is aoud – Montale aoud... no rose, no amber, no caraway… Nada. So I guess it comes down to whether or not I consider a straight aoud note to be good enough to satisfy my definition of a worthy niche fragrance. It doesn’t. All I can catch from this fragrance, is a straight-forward aoud note… nothing exciting...

Steam Aoud has a definite sillage, and it lasts a long, long, long time. As Montale aoud notes go, it’s a typical enough but certainly not at all compelling.

01st February, 2010 (Last Edited: 02 February, 2010)

Stereotomy's avatar
    Stereotomy
    Netherlands Netherlands

I like this one, though I don't really care for most of the Montale line. It starts off with the smell that you know from freshly dried clothing out of your dryer. A bit of powdery detergent, and fabric softner.

I like the drydown though: it reminds me of something between Timbuktu and Dzongkha. A slightly spicy woody dry white musk.

28 January, 2010

Indie_Guy's avatar
    Indie_Guy

I try to enjoy this one but I keep envisioning a hot, humid basement boiler room infested with waterbugs. ICK!

05 December, 2009

ChrisJPN's avatar
    ChrisJPN
    Japan Japan

I'm sitting here with a new set of Montale samples, almost all have Aoud or Oud in the name (save for Attar) and Steam Aoud is the first one I'm trying. My previous experiences with Montale were very overpowering, too sweet, too aggressive - even for me. All in all, I've been disappointed with everything except Blue Amber, which still suffered from simply being *too* powerful. (It is so strong I can still smell it vividly the following day after a shower.) But, I'm pleased to say I absolutely love Steam Aoud. The transition is lovely and the resulting sweetness is gentle, smooth and very relaxing. If there are claims of amber in this then I can't find it. This is surprisingly fresh and quite lovely.

24 October, 2009

Morgaine's avatar
    Morgaine

Smells disturbingly similar to that Thai fish sauce, Nuoc Man. Which, I hardly need add, is Not A Good Thing.

16 October, 2009