Jasmin de Nuit (2005)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 86 ratings

Jasmin de Nuit Fragrance Notes

Jasmin de Nuit information

Jasmin de Nuit is a unisex fragrance by Different Company. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Jasmin de Nuit

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Opens with fizzy jasmine backed by cake spice, zesty with a twist. Sadly soon settles to a flat pop sweetness with the spice clumping to the bottom of the glass.
    The promotional guff evokes the magical scent of nighttime jasmine wafting across the earth odours released by a garden in darkness – if this even hinted at that rather than coming across as the remnants of a sweety-mad kid’s birthday party it would hit the spot.

12 July, 2012

Darvant's avatar

A plain powdery jasmine, averagely dry, subtle and spicy. The first hesperidic-fruity whiff of bergamot, blackcurrant and jasmine (the best part of the smell in my opinion) is followed by a flourish of spices (mostly cinnamon) and a final almost talky evolution of powdery sandalwood and dry amber that reminds me a bit the dry down of Roma. A faint fruitiness emerges from the powder without hindering the general sharpness. The powder is slightly aromatic and minty because of the note of star anise and a touch of symbolic vanilla doesn't imprint oriental creamy density. The high level of distinction is set by the link of spices and patchouli while i don't feel the listed cardamom. The jasmine is romantic and silent. The smell is tenacious although you doesn't catch it on yourself after the first ten minutes.

18 December, 2011 (Last Edited: 02 July, 2012)

sherapop's avatar

It's always a bad sign when you look forward to the disappearance from your skin of the scent you are currently wearing. Alas, this is the case with EPICES DE NUIT, er, JASMIN DE NUIT by The Different Company.

Well, this one is different: no argument there, and some wearers will delight in this mélange of star anise, cinnamon, cardamom, and probably everything else in the spice drawer, along with a few jasmine petals. My impression is that perfumer was trying to plump up the indolic facet of the jasmine through the skillful use of hard-hitting spices. The effect, to my nose, is rather like the athlete who plies himself with hormones in order to win the race, but later is exposed, forced to retreat from public life in ignominy.

In perfect comformity with Murphy's law of perfume (according to which everything I love is discontinued and everything I hate has infinite longevity) this composition is so tenacious that I fear only a long, hot bath will relieve my body of the smell. On a positive note: anyone who likes this sort of thing will be happy to learn that even a couple of drops of this parfum masquerading as an edt packs a powerful punch. Although I am trapped in a fog of spice emanations, my sample "cube" is nearly full.

To reiterate: definitely not for me.

20th August, 2011

Oh_Hedgehog's avatar

If Frederic Malle's ambrosial Musc Ravageur didn't exist, I would almost certainly own a bottle of Jasmin de Nuit. For despite Celine Ellena's fragrance possessing distinct charms of its own - blackcurrant, jasmine, star anise - and being delightful, the two scents dry down to a similar enough cinnamon-vanilla that only one is warranted in my life. And because Musc Ravageur is by far the more muskular of the pair and makes Jasmin de Nuit smell like jasmine cream soda, I'm entirely happy with my choice of Roucel's masterpiece.

15 March, 2011

MZJ's avatar

This light, delicate fragrance brings back memories of me leaning out a window, late on a sultry night, the night jasmine vines have grown up around the window frame and I lean out of the window to catch a breath of heaven - and then it's gone.

This is a lovely scent with fleeting jasmine notes. I really like it but it is, perhaps, a bit too subtle and fleeting to be a scent that I would invest in. If I had a lot money I would enjoy owning a bottle though. A decant will have to do for me.

I enjoyed the memories it gave me!

08 March, 2011

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

An original jasmine fragrance since it's neither built around green and floral notes creating a sort of "natural atmosphere" for the jasmine, nor sexy and musky notes enhancing its indolic aspects. Instead, it's 100% gourmand. There's a freshness in the topnotes that I interpret as citrus and tea, but looking at the notes I guess it's blackcurrant and anise. To my nose, the fragrance is not as spicy or oriental as the notes suggest. Instead, it quickly mellows to a soft, powdery, vanillic sweetness with hints of fruity notes and, of course, jasmine. I don't normally appreciate gourmand fragrances much, especially not sweet synthetic fruits or boring plain vanilla, but I find this one pleasant and suitable for cosy winter evenings spent at home. I guess why I like it is because the jasmine note adds an unexpected little extra and because of the classic powdery aspect saving the fragrance from "insipid vanilla" territory. I can see why some call it "sharp" - I guess you'd have to be used to much more potent powdery vintage orientals to find this scent mellow in comparison. Interestingly, it seems to turn sharper and stronger over time rather than fading.

09 December, 2009

Add your review of Jasmin de Nuit

Search for on eBay United States

The Different Company Jasmin de Nuit~The Long Trip~50ml/1.7oz~Ret $225.00~Rare !
    • Listing Type: eBay Store