Ailleurs et Fleurs (2006)
by The Different Company

Ailleurs et Fleurs information

Year of Launch2006

HouseThe Different Company
PerfumerCéline Ellena

About Ailleurs et Fleurs

Ailleurs et Fleurs is a shared / unisex perfume by The Different Company. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Céline Ellena

Ailleurs et Fleurs fragrance notes

Reviews of Ailleurs et Fleurs

A white green-floral scent with a sheer tuberose note, all played on transparency and discreetness, yet without smelling too synthetic – rather a bit too much delicate initially, to the point of resulting a bit shallow. Unexpectedly, though, as it warms up and melts with your skin temperature, it becomes a bit more radiant and vibrant, with a beautiful vanillin base surrounding a bolder and sharper floral accord, always with a faint green echo. To be honest I don't get the aniseed note, but it's nice the same. In short, a crisp, clean and bright floral scent, discreet and elegant, still a bit dull and incredibly short-lived, but still nice and quietly refined.

12th October, 2014
A floaty jasminic note (divested of all animal passion and muck) hovers over a background reminiscent of Les Neriades' lovely Vert l'Eau. Pretty tempting stuff for summer, except like many Diffferent Company offerings this has little projection and even less staying power.
05th June, 2012
Per TDC's website, the composition (at least partially) is as follows:

Top Notes: Elder Tree Flower, Bitter Orange, Mandarin.
Middle Notes: Lime blossom, Star Anise.
Base Notes: Tuberose, Musk.

Anyway, this opens with bright orange and a bit of petitgrain (even though the TDC makes no mention of it). The opening almost immediately yields to what I perceive as orange blossom (again, even though TDC makes no mention of it). The middle then mingles with a moderate dose of musk until the finish, which I could swear is capped off by sandalwood. I do not get any anise or tuberose, and I cannot speak to the elder tree flower since I am unfamiliar with it. (Incidentally, although tuberose is usually classified as a middle note, it can indeed qualify as a base note given its volatility.)

Ultimately, I am unimpressed. I wish that perfumers would realize that when you combine citrus (especially orange) with even a moderate amount of musk, it often ends up smelling like laundry detergent (i.e., because laundry detergent primarily uses fresh and floral notes with lots of musk notes).

For much superior orange blossom/neroli perfumes, try Frederic Malle's Lys Mediterranee, Le Labo's Neroli 36, Bond No. 9's Fire Island, and Jo Malone's Orange Blossom.
04th April, 2012 (last edited: 05th April, 2012)
Starts out with a blend of some floral notes and basically stays there as far as I can tell. Some say it's tuberose or white flowers, and I'll go with that because I don't know my flower scents well enough to really say what specific notes are in this. There are at least two flowers in this - I can make that out. The scent itself is nice and is blended well...it makes me want to go cavort around in a random field or something weird. This is listed as a unisex, but personally I find this too feminine for my tastes. The sillage isn't too strong, and the longevity isn't that great either. I got some random wiffs after a couple of hours, but it was kind of here and there and it still smelled like the top notes. I couldn't even tell you what's in the middle or base notes because it's rather linear on me. So, the rather feminine aroma, the short lasting power, and the rather expensive price tells me this is probably a thumbs down.
04th December, 2011
Nice but unremarkable blend of orange blossoms and neroli with a slight tuberose presence. Mannered, discreet, inoffensive...anything but distinctive. The fragrance per se smells fine but there's nothing particularly interesting in it. Botloads of better options at any price range out there...

Zero sillage, weak lasting power.

Again
29th October, 2011
D'AILLEURS ET FLEURS is another friendly floral offering from The Different Company. This one smells to me like a pleasing mélange of white flowers and linden blossom—whatever the precise floral notes are supposed to be, they blend together in this composition fairly seamlessly.

Of the perfumes of this type familiar to me, Ineke AFTER MY OWN HEART may come closest to conveying this same aesthetic, at least by its dry down (the opening of the Ineke is quite different and more enticing to me...). D'AILLEURS ET FLEURS is a subtle, feminine, and politely floral perfume with an innocent feeling to it. But the politeness is completely natural and sincere, like that of a young child before achieving the age of guile and commencing down the spiral to corruption as he fights tooth and nail to climb the social ladder.

Basically, this is springtime in a bottle, but not really better than many other perfumes of the same type.
25th August, 2011

Add your review of Ailleurs et Fleurs

Shop for Ailleurs et Fleurs products online

Shop for Ailleurs et Fleurs at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ailleurs et Fleurs

Member images of Ailleurs et Fleurs

There are no member images of Ailleurs et Fleurs yet. Why not be the first?