Eau des Baux (2006)

Eau des Baux is a men's fragrance by L'Occitane. The scent was launched in 2006

Shop for Eau des Baux products online

100ml EdT

Reviews of Eau des Baux

Showing 1 to 6 of 51 reviews.

Klaaon's avatar

Singapore Singapore

Agree completely with Worth1969's review.

I can't stand Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, but I adore Eau de Baux ("EdB") even though I don't use it often as I should. EdB is a warm, inviting and (unlike Tobacco Vanille) is "never cloying or sickly sweet -just the right"!

With the price point of EdB and in view of the foregoing, a purchase of Tobacco Vanille is just difficult to justify.

EdB is a must try for those who are partial to warm spicy woods!

31st December, 2014

Worth1969's avatar

In my own humble opinion, this really is one of the absolute best vanilla / tonka fragrances available today. The dry down is really a thing of beauty and I actually enjoy the fresh burst of incense and spices in the opening as well. I find this much more wearable than Tobacco Vanille in every way, never cloying or sickly sweet -just the right
    balance of vanilla, woods and spice. On top of its beautiful composition, it's also priced so modestly - something I greatly appreciate from the L'Occitane label, high quality at a reasonable price. My girlfriend recently got me the shower gel and after shave so now I can completely layer myself in EDB - life is good..

22nd September, 2014

Francolino's avatar

great opening, sillage and duration as thin as in a EdC..it is cheap and actually smells cheap! Can't see what the fuss is all about!

02nd September, 2014

sidewinder's avatar

Soft tobacco/vanilla dry down is exceptional. Layer with Aventus or Tobacco Vanille for a little depth and distinction. Compliment grabbing perfection at < $60. 4.5 out of 5

09th August, 2014

checkmate's avatar

First and foremost, of all the notes in perfume, I am most particular about my vanilla! For some reason, vanilla seems to be a note that is difficult to balance; either it is significantly overdone/unbalanced and the fragrance becomes incredibly cloying, or you wish that there was a bit more to round the fragrance out. With all of that said, we have Eau de Baux, and I feel that this one was done just right.

To be honest, I wasn't sold initially... It took a good 10-15 minutes for this fragrance to dry-down before I could really appreciate all that this scent had to offer. When I first tried this one, I had to walk around the mall, which is torture in itself because I hate malls :-), to get a feel for where this one was going. I knew that there was potentially a pot-of-gold at the end of this rainbow, because I'd read all of the glowing reviews here on BN. The question that then had to be answered was "I'm aware of the accounts and how it performs on others, but how will it perform on me?"

The initial blast was that of both pepper and incense and I honestly could detect no vanilla. After the 10-15 minutes that I'd alluded to, the vanilla and tonka bean notes began to surface and danced the waltz with both cypress and incense notes. Though the scent pyramid doesn't reflect this, I also sensed that there could be a dash of nutmeg and pipe tobacco as well which contributed to the rich, round, mature, nature of this fragrance.

In short, this fragrance picks-up where the newest formulation of Le Male left off. This fragrance is both incredibly well-balanced and distinguished and can easily be worn with a suit or with a nice Merino wool v-neck, a collared shirt and pair of jeans in the fall and/or winter. It is both warm as well as inviting and the vanilla is just sweet enough... It is borderline gourmand in nature, as the vanilla in this one isn't quite "edible" (a la Ted Lapidus Pour Lui) per se, but exudes a feeling comfort that well-crafted vanilla scents are intended to do... When worn, one will inevitably draw compliments from those who are within an arm's length for a good 6-8 hours.

I have found that this is no sillage monster, but it is more of an "aura" scent. Perhaps the finest example of an "aura scent" is vintage Azzaro PH... Though this scent is in no way related to the 80's fougere of yester-year, this scent fosters an enveloping feeling of ease, taste and groundedness that is unfortunately becoming harder to find in today's day and age of perfumery.

I give this scent a solid 8.5-9/10 and highly recommend sampling it-Cheers!

06th July, 2014 (Last Edited: 24th August, 2014)

Quartz's avatar

Very similar to TF Tobacco Vanille only not quite as strong. A nice soft fragrance that doesn't go overboard on the vanilla. Longevity is about 8-10 hours, projection seems minimal. This will substitute just fine for the overpriced Tom Ford offering.

26th February, 2014

(Shipping from Australia)
    L'Occitane Eau Des Baux For Men Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml/3.4oz NEW
    • Time Left:
    (* converted from AUD 25.95) Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    L'Occitane Eau Des Baux For Men Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml