Eau des Baux (2006)

Eau des Baux information

Eau des Baux is a men's fragrance by L'Occitane. The scent was launched in 2006

Shop for Eau des Baux products online

Reviews of Eau des Baux

Showing 1 to 6 of 47 reviews.

sidewinder's avatar

Soft tobacco/vanilla dry down is exceptional. Layer with Aventus or Tobacco Vanille for a little depth and distinction. Compliment grabbing perfection at < $60. 4.5 out of 5

09 August, 2014

Quartz's avatar

Very similar to TF Tobacco Vanille only not quite as strong. A nice soft fragrance that doesn't go overboard on the vanilla. Longevity is about 8-10 hours, projection seems minimal. This will substitute just fine for the overpriced Tom Ford offering.

26 February, 2014

rbaker's avatar

From the beginning a light-pepper-related incense note appears that is the backbone of this scent. Later nutty and cypress impressions are added, and in the drydown it adds some vanilla and takes on a delightful candlewax note that persists throughout. It is never really too sweet, well-blended, with good silage and projection, and a wonderful longevity of eleven hours on my skin. A great one for autumn! 4.5/5

05 December, 2013

Janjanjan's avatar

Imagine a toasted and nutty graham cracker. I get honied grains, toasted nuts, and vanilla-not-vanilla (it's more a well smoked tonka bean). Creamy. Nicely made, especially for the price. A woman could pull it off, though it's too sweet for me in spite of the smoke and wood. After a few hours it's an animal cracker sitting on my arm. Not bad.

19 November, 2013

krlamev's avatar

Unisex!

Wooah! Cypress, incense and vanilla! I love it!
    I admit I was very curious about it, read some reviews and well got the itchy-curiosity. I like the dry-down, as I always say, I am not an expert on perfumery, but with this perfume I can clearly identify those 3 notes and it's really amaizing! I would say it's green but misterious-dark at the same time.

I am a woman but I definitely will wear this! I just bought it!

Pros: Price, smell
    Cons:

22 October, 2013

lairdangus's avatar

Dry woods, tobacco, and a touch of incense

Finally got around to sampling this on a recent vacation. Wow--what a stunner. This is a perfectly natural, organic wood-tobacco-incense fragrance. I happened to sample on the same day as Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, which retails for several times more than the L'Occitane.

I found Eau des Baux superior in every respect. It was subtle but powerful. The top notes of incense yield effortlessly to a mild pipe tobacco and wood accord. By comparison, the Tobacco Vanille was a screeching, acrid cigar.

Longevity was excellent (8-10 hours on my dry skin). Projection was moderate.

Highly recommended.

Pros: Vastly superior to Tobacco Vanille at a fraction of the price
    Cons:

20th October, 2013

Add your review of Eau des Baux

L'occitane Eau des Baux Eau de Toilette 3.4oz and bonus items
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 1 day
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    L'occitane Eau des Baux Eau de Toilette 3.4oz
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 24 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)