Eau des Baux (2006)

Eau des Baux information

Year of Launch2006

HouseL'Occitane

About Eau des Baux

Eau des Baux is a masculine fragrance by L'Occitane. The scent was launched in 2006

Reviews of Eau des Baux

Let's keep this short, sweet, and highly unoriginal-
This is nothing more, and nothing less than a poor man's (smart man's) Tobacco Vanille.
That is all.
07th April, 2015
Eau des Baux is an enjoyable mix of incense and vanilla that is pleasant and provocative but not overwhelming at any stage, from opening to dry down. Pepper and cardamom comprise the main spices, when, paired with the cypress, create the incense aspect that works opposite the vanilla. It's linear, but as always, I don't find that to be a bad thing if the mix is right.

It primarily works as a cold weather day scent, at least for me. Other scents in the same vein like Burberry London or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille make a better transition to or work better for nighttime use.

The comparisons to Tobacco Vanille are fair but I wouldn't say that Eau des Baux is really a substitute but rather is just in the same vicinity of vanilla-based cold weather fragrance. Eau des Baux is dominated by an incense smell, whereas Tobacco Vanille does rather smell of tobacco.

Great projection, and longevity is up to the 12 hour range, after which it is a skin scent. And I'd be remiss not to mention the price, which, at $55 for 100ml is great to find something well-crafted and long-lasting.

7 out of 10
18th March, 2015
I liked Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla the times I'd smelled it, but never wanted to spend the money for it. Then I read all the reviews of Eau des Baux on Basenotes and was convinced to order a sample. IMO, EDB is not exactly like Tobacco Vanilla, but has mutual notes to TV. EDB is an excellent fragrance on it's own and the price makes it a genuine bargain. It reminds me of my grandmother's kitchen from when I was kid. More vanilla than tobacco, but the tobacco note is faintly present. It's a very warm relaxing fragrance, perfect for cool wet weather, but not something I'd want to wear in the heat or summer. I purchased a bottle and love it. Thanks Basenoters for the tip on EDB.
21st February, 2015 (last edited: 23rd February, 2015)
I'm generally skeptical of cheaper fragrances that people claim to be just as good as niche favorites, but this one holds up very well. It's a little more spicy and Christmasy, whereas TV is more like a straight up premium cigar, but it's a cost-effective alternative for the average consumer.

04th February, 2015
Agree completely with Worth1969's review.

I can't stand Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, but I adore Eau de Baux ("EdB") even though I don't use it often as I should. EdB is a warm, inviting and (unlike Tobacco Vanille) is "never cloying or sickly sweet -just the right"!

With the price point of EdB and in view of the foregoing, a purchase of Tobacco Vanille is just difficult to justify.

EdB is a must try for those who are partial to warm spicy woods!

31st December, 2014
In my own humble opinion, this really is one of the absolute best vanilla / tonka fragrances available today. The dry down is really a thing of beauty and I actually enjoy the fresh burst of incense and spices in the opening as well. I find this much more wearable than Tobacco Vanille in every way, never cloying or sickly sweet -just the right
balance of vanilla, woods and spice. On top of its beautiful composition, it's also priced so modestly - something I greatly appreciate from the L'Occitane label, high quality at a reasonable price. My girlfriend recently got me the shower gel and after shave so now I can completely layer myself in EDB - life is good..
22nd September, 2014

Add your review of Eau des Baux

Shop for Eau des Baux products online

Shop for Eau des Baux at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eau des Baux

Member images of Eau des Baux

There are no member images of Eau des Baux yet. Why not be the first?