Virgin Island Water (2007)
by Creed

Virgin Island Water information

Year of Launch2007

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Virgin Island Water

Virgin Island Water is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 2007

Virgin Island Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Virgin Island Water

Lime, Rum & Coconut...

This is one I liked instantly. A lovely fragrance which transitions between all the stages, going from tropical and fresh to gourmand and woody. I cannot fault it for smell. Just a wonderful experience on skin.

Virgin Island Water is my second fragrance from the house of Creed. I must say I am not disappointed. I get fresh lime and a very authentic rum note (imagine any kind of rum you like, this fragrance is true to the note). That sweet, sugary, boozy smell mixed with the fresh lime, which then transitions into a beautifully juicy coconut heart, before going into a creamy coconut base.

All in all, a great experience! I believe fragrances should make us happy, and this one succeeds. Ultimately, I think it's a fragrance which should be tried on skin throughout the day, to get the full impression. For me it's a great smell and a good overall fragrance. The smell of great memories in faraway places full of happiness and sunshine. I'm impressed!
29th March, 2016
This literally transports me to a tropical island walking along the sandy beach. Virgin Island Water is such an enjoyable fragrance. I'm still picking up whiffs of it 9.5 hours after application. Great sillage and longevity for me. This is a light fragrance compared to some of the other Creeds, but it still lasts a lot better on my skin that Terre d'Hermes. I love the lime/coconut/rum transition...very enjoyable. Today was a cold day, and the nice thing about VIW is you can spray it on and feel the tropical vibe and freshness, even when it's miserable outside. This is a beautiful scent and I'm so glad I discovered it that day at Nordstoms. Highly recommended.
16th March, 2016
Even when buying other fragrances while in Saks, I would always take a whiff of this one at the Creed counter. Eventually, I bought the smallest bottle for myself.

It is a fantastic scent and very linear after the initial lime blast. You'll definitely notice the coconut and lime in it. I also pick up a very sweet sugarcookie-ish scent.

If I spray 5 times, the scent will last all day. My normal spray count is 3 and it becomes a skin scent after the 6 hour mark. My overall score for this one is 9/10. It would be a perfect 10 if it lasted the entire day.
15th March, 2016
VIW is one of the few fragrances that literally makes me smile, giggle, laugh to myself every time I catch a blast when I wear it. The gent who sold me my first bottle of Creed (Aventus) insisted I try VIW when I was sampling saying "it's a vacation in a bottle" he elegantly described and boy was he right. It's something I wear for me, plus my wife and lil 5 yr old daughter love it. Most importantly, it's a reminder to not take myself or the world so seriously. I can't wear it everyday given I have client presos, close quarter meetings, and mentor to others so smelling like a frat house isn't a good look, but I do love it. It's perfect for a day of run-on conference calls.

In terms of value, I've purchased a few Creeds at NM in Metro Detroit, but bought GIT, VIW, and Nautica Voyage with $80 to spare from Fragrancenet.com after returning my bottle of MI to NM (check out my review of MI, not cool). I would pay retail for VIW for all the reasons listed above, plus I get good longevity, not great but good, that lasts most of the day. I don't wear a frag to get compliments, but this one does bring about some inquires, which being in Tech and mainly working with a bunch of nerdy dudes, is probably the best case scenario.

03rd March, 2016
Virgin Island Water is one of the most "un-traditional/breaking with the classic Creed's tradition" Creed's creations, a scent speaking a more modern finally "post-Victorian" language while running its far caribbean olfactory territories. You can effectively dream far exotic Central American or Pacific islands while enjoying on skin its freshly structured tropical architecture. The structure is not complex but it exists and unveils its soapy/aqueous secrets along the way. I find the juice quite balanced and delicate on skin, I don't get "olfactive drawbacks", just catch an easy basically synthetic recipe finally delicately soapy but with a bunch of interesting shades (floral, woody, musky, spicy, salty). Soapiness is never properly lacteous since there is a basic woody-hesperidic support fixing down the scent's basically aqueous/breezy "cheerful" nature. The first impression emerging while inhaling Virgin Island Water on your skin is related to its "oceanic coconutty" exoticism afforded by a combination of ylang-ylang (heady on the side of coco water/milk), coconutty milk, boozy lime, "rum based cocktail booziness" and hints of hidden oceanic saltiness. There is an undeniable floral core finally "at distance" unfolding a subtle spark of floral variegate luxuriousness but what basically strikes me is this general delicate soapiness quite dreamy, breezy and tropical. Ginger provides a "far oceanic lands" type of freshness while it seems to catch vetiver and secret marine "molecules" in the general recipe. It is quite evident the final warmth impressed by tonkinian musk and woods but I get a touch of exotic salty vetiver providing a sort of mineral-woody saltiness playing as hidden undertone. There is hibiscus in the blend, one of my favorite glamour/chic floral patterns (on the side of sambac jasmine), providing a touch of chic cosmetical sophistication in the air. Spicy rum, mandarine, sugar cane and coconut are nicely combined in order to elicit this delicate pina colada's pleasant taste, the "edible" substance of which seems playing in "pool" with a "coconutty tanning foam-like" vibe and a freshly gingery spicy piquancy. I find this juice "honest" and captivating (really respectfully I don't see the point on several previous "banging" rejections), a pleasant versatile aroma to wear for a sunny tropical "free in the wind" holiday in company of your beloved.
05th December, 2015
revtil Show all reviews
I don't get a lot of complexity out of VIW, but I feel this is a scent that doesn't require it. On initial spray I get a huge burst of lime and bergamot - wow. It really smells like lemon-lime candy, in a good way. This quickly burns off and the coconut starts coming into play, mixed in with a sugary, boozy rum. The lime still stands in the background, but it's much more subdued. I know coconut turns a lot of people off, we can blame sunscreen for that, but it's very natural here and not sickly sweet. I also get bit of jasmine at this point, but it's very faint. From here on out VIW stays pretty linear on skin.

One thing I find interesting is that VIW lasts literally forever on me, while most citrus fragrances last only a few hours. I'm not sure why that is, but I'm definitely not complaining.

I'll be packing this in my bag for my trip to Turks and Caicos next year, and I imagine VIW will not disappoint. Beaches, sand, drinks, and sun are what this fragrance is all about.
02nd December, 2015