Virgin Island Water (2007)
by Creed

Virgin Island Water information

Year of Launch2007

HouseCreed
PerfumerOlivier Creed
PerfumerErwin Creed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Virgin Island Water

Virgin Island Water is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Erwin Creed and Olivier Creed

Virgin Island Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Virgin Island Water

I really wanted to like this, and the various notes seemed to promise an enjoyable summer scent.

All I got was a bit of fruity/alcoholic freshness, followed by coconut... all of which disappeared after a bare hour. It didn't project much if at all on me either.

Much as I liked this scent, I would expected this sort of result from something nice and cheap- and would choose that rather than fork out megabucks for VIW. Shame really.
16th July, 2015
Freshly squeezed limes, rum, coconut….it’s not an overly complex smell but it does what it says on the tin. Creed Virgin Island Water has to be the fragrance equivalent of the sentiments expressed in those 90’s Lilt adverts, where the running joke was about how laid back life in the Caribbean was, and how the only thing that got people stressed over there was how to pull your dinghy up from the sea to the beach bar in time for happy hour.

It smells like a cocktail with lime, Malibu, rum, and well, that’s about it. I think it’s massively over-priced and would be more suited to a body spray rather than a niche fragrance. But the smell is so good-humored and promising of drunken relaxation that I can’t see how anyone could actively dislike it. If you’re the kind of person who wrinkles their nose at a good cocktail, then I don’t want to know ya.
01st July, 2015
On my skin, this smells like a colorful Popsicle from summertime; it's definitely a unisex scent. The two main notes for me are lime and coconut that basically stays constant throughout its linear dry down. The lime is the best lime note I've ever smelled: sweet and not too citrusy while mixing with the coconut perfectly.

It's one of those scents where I just can't get enough of and wish I had more than a tester vial of it, and that rarely happens with me and sampling fragrances; hell, even Aventus took 2 times for me to appreciate it. Usually I need more than one wearing of a frag to appreciate it, but seems like an easy crowd-pleaser for summertime wear.

The big downfall of this scent is that it has a very short longevity, about 1.5 - 3 hours. For $160+ for 120 ml, I do not think I can justify spending money on something I have to keep on reapplying every few hours.
22nd June, 2015
Jtm Show all reviews
Love this stuff! I sampled it on my skin at the store and sure enough coconut... After walking around letting it dry down the limes came out.. Sold... On the way home my daughter (the 11 yr old nose knows lol) kept sniffing my arm to see which notes she could pick out.... At one point coconut the next limes and they altered back and forth for a bit before finally settling into what she described as coconut sun tan lotion with the ocean wind.... That very night I couldn't help but notice a woman behind me at a check out line getting closer and sniffing... Good stuff longevity is of course 4-5 hours with it being so light of a fragrance and I can't complain about that. It's also not something most wear which is one thing I look for. all in all 2 thumbs up.
21st June, 2015
Emoe Show all reviews
Your drink Sir?

Oh thankyou. oh how i love sitting here, the sun is high, beating down on the white sands, scantily clad women sunbathing, hard muscled men swimming the pool, the palm leaves are gently swaying in the light ocean breeze.
a ship in the distance is sailing slowly across the horizon. My drink is cool, ice melting slowly, the aroma is delightful, so refreshing, my drink....my drink....

Yes, Virgin Island Water, this is like Malibu on your skin. I can really see how their marketing department wrote the speel on this one, it really does give you the sense of tropical beaches. Very coconutty top notes really splash throughout, and give an air of freshness and sweetness to the whole affair.

this coconut accord stays but mutes down, and the dryer notes poke through, and mellow this frag delightfully.

This has edged its way to the top of my list of creeds, and is a Brilliant summer scent!
18th June, 2015
Probably the second most hyped Creed men's fragrance behind Aventus, Virgin Island Water promises the coconut rum beach joy of summer and certainly delivers. It's a pleasant blend of citrus and coconut as top notes and musk and rum as base notes, and while it only opens slightly more citrus-y than it ends, it does become more gradually subdued over time. It may be one of the closest mimics of Malibu liqueur in fragrance, though I'm sure there are plenty of rum-like fragrances that I'm unaware of.

Projection and longevity-wise, it's not a powerhouse but quite strong for a warm-weather EDP, and that it's widely available on fragrancenet and other third-party sources makes it all the more appealing even though it's not room-filler. This is mostly a summer day fragrance but I imagine it can be expanded to summer night and winter days, even, if the mood is right.

I'm certainly not in the camp of worshiping VIW, as the rum note is a bit too dense to keep it as fresh as Aventus, Silver Mountain Water, or Himalaya--each of which has a subtler base---but I enjoy it plenty still.

7 out of 10