Virgin Island Water (2007)
by Creed

Virgin Island Water information

Year of Launch2007

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Virgin Island Water

Virgin Island Water is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 2007

Virgin Island Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Virgin Island Water

This scent gets a big thumbs up from me, BUT it comes with a few qualifying remarks.

This is a truly wonderful scent. It really does transport you to a beach on a warm, summer's day, especially if you are old enough to remember when people would slather on Banana Boat Suntan Lotion (this was back when people didn't use sunblock and instead used a lotion to increase the amount of rays that they got), because this smells just like a 1980s sunbather right after they spilled a mojito on themselves.

The initial hit is coconut and lime, which I must say is perfectly balanced. It's difficult to make sure that the creaminess of the coconut and the bright acidity of the lime are in harmony, with neither of the ingredients overshadowing the other, which is often the case with scents like these. There is similarity to Set Sail St. Bart's for Men by Tommy Bahama (2007 - same year this was released, no less), but Set Sail doesn't contain the coconut aspect of VIW, and is more synthetic and complex (though it is a favorite of mine in the warmer months, and I certainly recommend it) in its composition. Set Sail is close enough to VIW to be its stunt double, if you get my drift. User seeroos.syed absolutely nailed this fragrance's doppelganger; Bath and Body Works' Coconut Lime Verbena body spray, or in my case, the car freshener that someone gave me back in the '90s. This is very much the same, but with a more subdued lime and a far less synthetic feel to it. VIW is surprisingly natural and really smells like someone threw suntan lotion and a mojito in a bottle, shook it up, and applied it. And honestly, those are smells that I dig. There are really only three notes in this fragrance that stand out; coconut, lime, and rum. And that's just fine by me, because they are presented in a very natural and very well-balanced way.

The smell is great, the sillage is fair, and longevity is good. This wears very close to the skin on me, so if you're looking for projection, you need to be liberal on the trigger with this. It dries down surprisingly fast, but that's not bad, as the drydown is nicer than the initial spray, in my opinion. Very inoffensive, great for the summer months (or the colder months when you want to daydream, as I'm doing now), and certainly a scent that keeps me sniffing at my wrists every few minutes to drink it in. This is a fragrance that I would wear solely for me, and one that I would wear so that every time I sniff my wrist, I can momentarily transport myself to some island in the Caribbean or the Mediterranean coast. This is not something I would expect compliments on, as this is more an olfactory experience rather than an accoutrement to an outfit. That's why this fragrance is unisex. It's no more male or female than suntan lotion and mojitos are. It doesn't smell masculine or feminine; it smells like the tropics.

Which brings us to the big issue; price. Is this worth $200-400? I would say "yes," with the caveat being that you really, really love the natural smells of coconuts, lime, and rum, and you need to have the best representation of them in a fragrance. For people without that kind of disposable income, you can get a good deal of VIW's effect with a bottle of Set Sail St. Bart's for between 1/10th-1/20th (I'm not being hyperbolic) of the price.

For what Creed set out to do with this fragrance, they knocked it out of the park. It's a very enjoyable niche fragrance, executed well, at a premium price point. Apart from the price and a fairly weak sillage, I really can't knock it. This is one of Creed's best offerings, in my opinion.
26th February, 2019 (last edited: 20th March, 2019)
Thumbs Up for being a good scent, but like some unisex Creeds I cannot wear this. I should have known what my final thoughts on this were going to be the moment I opened the package from Frangrancenet. Inside was a sample for women's perfume - so telling.

VIW is truly a beautiful scent - it's a lot sweet, creamy coconut, some lime, and maybe a little bit of rum.
It's probably one of the simplest colognes I've ever tried. Not complex, just smells natural and well blended - just those three things - coconut, lime, and rum.

Still, the entire time I wore it I kept thinking that this is way more appropriate for a young woman. This smells like something I would expect a girl who is getting over her Bath and Body Works spray habit to jump into when she wants to upgrade her life. If this smell was even slightly synthetic (which is doesn't), I could see it in a pink bottle labeled "For Her." VIW's quality as a Creed makes it pleasurable for anyone to smell at anytime, but that does not hide the fact that this is really a distinctly feminine cologne. I would appreciate it if any woman put this on, but I don't think I can pull it off as a guy.
15th October, 2018
Bring out the steel drums! Bust out the suntan lotion!

This is such a friendly, enjoyable taste of the islands, macerated and mashed so artfully by Creed perfumers and stuck into the non-descript bottle.

How else to encapsulate the Caribbean experience except by including scent notes so tied to all of that? Lime, coconut, ginger, rum, sugar cane....so laid back, so exotic, so memorable! And as is the case with other Creed fragrances, the other notes are there to accent and reinforce the other key ingredients in a balanced way. Virgin Island Water is so meaninfully crafter and presents such a credible formula that evokes beach walks in the islands, full of a panoply of floral, spicy, fruity, and other elements of this lovely way of life?

18th September, 2018
How can you not like Summer in the tropics bottled? An absolute stunner with reaching silage and great performance for a fresh aquatic. Highly recommended if you need something to wear to formal beach occasions, night clubs or just going to the pool/beach.
21st August, 2018
Really resembles a fine sunscreen. I suppose this is for someone who pays 1000 euros for ripped jeans.

Though, I have to admit, on one rainy summer morning it cheer me up with that banal dna.
04th July, 2018
Lime and coconut. Creamy. Nothing majestic here, but nothing bad either. Soothing beachy vibe. Most of the other reviews will give you a good idea of what to expect.

I’ll give you the honest scoop on longevity as everyone dumps on creed longevity.

I got what I consider a full day out of it, solid 8 hrs.
I’d say I was projecting for 5-6 of those, but that’s always hard to tell.

Overall performance. 8.5/10 with Aventus being a 10 for scale.

Ultimately I would have liked the scent to have one other dimension. I guess you could say sugary would be another dimension but I sort of automatically lump that aspect in with the coconut.

Also, I’m not exactly a big cocunut fan, but this one isn’t offensive, even for someone normally put off by all things coconut.

It’s a quality pick if you want a Caribbean/ lime/coconut scent.

In the end, I’ll take my Millésime Imperial or Aventus.
10th May, 2018

Add your review of Virgin Island Water

Shop for Virgin Island Water products online

Shop for Virgin Island Water at online perfumeries

Men's Cologne Body Oil - $6 ea, 5 for $20, 10 for $35, 25 for $60!

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 7:50:16 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $6.00

Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Creed Virgin Island Water 100ml Brand New In Box Authentic Fast Free Shipping!!

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 15:43:33 PDT