Virgin Island Water (2007)
by Creed

Virgin Island Water information

Year of Launch2007

Parent CompanyCreed

About Virgin Island Water

Virgin Island Water is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 2007

Virgin Island Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Virgin Island Water

I have never been able to handle anything with coconut in it, whether it's the smell, taste or texture, coconut is a no go for me. Since the wife and I built our second home across from the beach, I annually get assaulted by coconut sun products. My daughter mercifully knows Dad's aversion to coconut and honors my request for no coconut scents. All I can add is that for those who like VIW, please enjoy it, just put on some Aventus before dropping by.

EROLFA is my summer preference from Creed in both notes and performance. Love Creed, just not coconut.
06th October, 2015
Coconut and Rum. Very simple, very bland. Not even remotely worth the price tag.
17th September, 2015
I was looking for a unique summer themed fragrance, living in Florida I was hoping to find something that could survive the humidity and this was not it. I'm glad I only got a 5ml decant being as the price was really up there.

I tried hard to like this especially after the reviews and hype surrounding it but I just couldn't.

The first 60 sec was a blast of lime, then the coconut set in. After about 5 mins the coconut turned VERY creamy to the point where it smelled like make-up. I looked to see if iris was a note but I didn't see anything. I hoped that the creaminess would eventually fade but it was linear throughout the one hour long performance.

I'm disappointed in this one only because of the price and the performance. I can't wait to finish this sample so I can keep the sprayer and replace it with something else!
02nd August, 2015
I really wanted to like this, and the various notes seemed to promise an enjoyable summer scent.

All I got was a bit of fruity/alcoholic freshness, followed by coconut... all of which disappeared after a bare hour. It didn't project much if at all on me either.

Much as I liked this scent, I would expected this sort of result from something nice and cheap- and would choose that rather than fork out megabucks for VIW. Shame really.
16th July, 2015
Freshly squeezed limes, rum, coconut….it’s not an overly complex smell but it does what it says on the tin. Creed Virgin Island Water has to be the fragrance equivalent of the sentiments expressed in those 90’s Lilt adverts, where the running joke was about how laid back life in the Caribbean was, and how the only thing that got people stressed over there was how to pull your dinghy up from the sea to the beach bar in time for happy hour.

It smells like a cocktail with lime, Malibu, rum, and well, that’s about it. I think it’s massively over-priced and would be more suited to a body spray rather than a niche fragrance. But the smell is so good-humored and promising of drunken relaxation that I can’t see how anyone could actively dislike it. If you’re the kind of person who wrinkles their nose at a good cocktail, then I don’t want to know ya.
01st July, 2015
On my skin, this smells like a colorful Popsicle from summertime; it's definitely a unisex scent. The two main notes for me are lime and coconut that basically stays constant throughout its linear dry down. The lime is the best lime note I've ever smelled: sweet and not too citrusy while mixing with the coconut perfectly.

It's one of those scents where I just can't get enough of and wish I had more than a tester vial of it, and that rarely happens with me and sampling fragrances; hell, even Aventus took 2 times for me to appreciate it. Usually I need more than one wearing of a frag to appreciate it, but seems like an easy crowd-pleaser for summertime wear.

The big downfall of this scent is that it has a very short longevity, about 1.5 - 3 hours. For $160+ for 120 ml, I do not think I can justify spending money on something I have to keep on reapplying every few hours.
22nd June, 2015