RSVP (2006)

Based on 121 ratings

RSVP information

RSVP is a men's fragrance by Kenneth Cole. The scent was launched in 2006

Reviews of RSVP

Showing 1 to 6 of 30 reviews.

jarroditshallbe's avatar

An heirloom sits at the foot of a bed. Your grandmother's old chest. A window's bright daylight hits it on both sides. It makes it seem unreal. It has even been passed down to her, from her grandfather. He built it himself by hand, with wood from a tree he chopped down. Even though you know it now just holds blankets, you always check it. Thinking something different will be inside, something grand.

17th October, 2012

sjg3839's avatar

Kind of spicey. Not much to write about on this one. The best thing about this one is the box (wooden). If the scent was as good as the box, this would be pretty good.

28th September, 2012

Lovescully's avatar

This is an interesting fragrance. Itís a gentle, woody, slightly creamy, slightly sweet, but still a masculine smell. It reminds me a bit of a cross between Baldessarini Ambre and Eau des Baux L`Occitane.

On first application I got a nice strong sense of spice and fruit, but that very quickly gave way to the cedar and sandalwood. Within about 20 minutes I swear I could already detect the start of the woody, vanilla & musky drydown; but it still stayed predominantly woody. After that I really couldnít detect too much other than a close, musky, mild, woody skin scent.

However, for a seemingly gentle and low key scent, itís certainly gets a lot of compliments. The first time I wore this to work, the woman I sat next to on the bus in the morning lent over and asked me what I was wearing, saying that I smelt delicious (30 minutes after application). Later that day when I went into the copy room at work before lunch (about 5 hours after application), the bossís PA also said that my cologne was delicious and wanted to know what I was wearing! Then when I was out buying lunch, the woman behind the counter at Subway asked me what I was wearing. You guessed it; she said that I smelt delicious. I kid you not, this all happened on the one day.

I honestly didnít think that much of it or that it projected that well, but obviously it does have very good sillage and the longevity isnít too bad either. Considering that this can be found relatively cheaply, I would recommend for anyone who likes easy to wear, sweet/woody masculine fragrances (and definitely for those of you who want to be thought to smell delicious!).

26th April, 2011

PerfumeCollector's avatar

If I'd kept all my clothes in a cedar armoire for months and had thrown in some cedar chips to boot I wouldn't end up smelling like cedar as much as I do with just a couple of sprays with this monster. I like it, mind you, but this is a CEDAR bomb, if you do not like cedar, stay away!!!! No wonder this perfume comes in a wood box (Cedar?).
    This and Daddy Yankee are almost identical, but the cedar in DY is not as overpowering as RSVP but I could not tell which one I like better. What I do like better than this because the cedar is less intrusive (still a cedar perfume though) is Silver Quorum, I think is more wearable than either RSVP or YD. And if you like something like this but with a cedar that is subtle, slightly more complex, spicier and light, and women really dig, go with Ferragamo Incanto pH Essential, it is this fragrance but meant to attract girls.

10th April, 2011

Izzy's avatar

Smells great! Smells like juicy fruit gum on my skin.

08th April, 2011

shamu1's avatar

I am stunned by Kenneth Cole's resolute determination to ensure that every fragrance it releases represents the pinnacle of boredom and dearth of inspiration. It takes a strong will to be able to crank out so many boring fragrances so consistently.

If you're going to release a clone designer scent, at least do it well. RSVP starts off good enough - sharp woody notes blended with a spicy apple note, reminiscent of Dirty English, but without the dirtiness. This may not be very original, but it smells good.

Unfortunately the "good" only lasts about twenty minutes, because by then RSVP loses all of its steam and the middle accord just smells flat, like it's just some sort-of-spicy, sort-of-sweet, sort-of-woody block of undefinable smell. Zzzzz....

The worst part is the drydown, if you're still awake. Take the boring middle accord and add the smell of metallic dishwashing liquid, and you've got the drydown. This is dreadful.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse here. This is just a lousy fragrance.

MY RATING: 3/10

15th March, 2011

Add your review of RSVP

Search for on eBay United States

Kenneth Cole - R.S.V.P. / RSVP - 50ml EDT Eau De Toilette New&Sealed
    • Time Left: 13 days
    (Shipping from Germany)
    KENNETH COLE (R.S.V.P.) for Men: Eau de Toilette Travel Size Spray 15ml .5oz New
    • Listing Type: Auction
    (Shipping from Canada)
    RSVP NYC KENNETH COLE 3.4OZ / 100ML EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY NEW IN BOX SEALED
    KENNETH COLE RSVP "NYC" 3.4 OZ FOR MEN EDT SPRAY
    (Shipping from United States)
    R.S.V.P. by KENNETH COLE 3.4 oz -100 ml EDT SPRAY NEW, WOODEN BOX .
    • Time Left: 2 days