Hypn˘se Homme (2007)

PerfumerThierry Wasser
PackagingCharles Boussiquet
Parent CompanyL'OrÚal Group

About Hypn˘se Homme

Hypn˘se Homme is a masculine fragrance by Lanc˘me. The scent was launched in 2007 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Thierry Wasser and Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Charles Boussiquet

Hypn˘se Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Hypn˘se Homme

Just bought and tried out a bottle of Hypn˘se Homme. I personally found it to be "hypnotic", in that I was sniffing my hand over and over all day long after applying a sample spritz!

Hypn˘se Homme echoes scents such as Fahrenheit Parfum, with a slightly spicy, warm tangy sting that captivates my mind. I can't explain it except to say that Hypn˘se Homme grabs my attention and lets me know that it will stick close and never be in the way.

Hypn˘se Homme has an inherently muted quality to it, like it says what it will and nothing more. It is predictable, linear, and lasts a long time without changing. It comes off as slightly more than a skin scent, but that all depends on the amount applied, then it can become cloying. Also, I would compare it to Touch by Burberry...if it had an "extreme" version, this might be what it could smell like.

I like Hypn˘se Homme. It is pretty distinctive among the myriad of scents that I own now, and it is worthy of a sample for the cologne enthusiast.
28th April, 2017 (last edited: 29th April, 2017)
Hypnose Homme is an ok frag. It doesn't blow me away in how it performs. The frag does not change too much on my skin (pretty linear). It dies down in intensity after 1-2 hours but the same amber with musky undertones are still there. It does project pretty well and have decent longevity.

I would wear this more in the fall (day or night), cooler days mainly because it is pretty aggressive. Personally I wouldn't wear it to the club just because it doesn't change much throughout the day/night.

**For me to wear a frag to the club, the frag has to be slightly aggressive and be amazing!**

Overall: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10
Sillage: 8/10
Agressiveness: 8/10
08th August, 2016
Hypnose Homme is yet another tragic case of budget issues. The build is solid and it could have/should have come out beautiful, but the ingredients are just too fake, and the imbalance in the life of said ingredients makes for a wobbly drydown. The lavender is not fresh so much as it is metallic, the mint may as well be nonexistent, and the end stage of Hypnose is not worth remembering. I almost bought this one countless times but could never quite commit. I was romanticizing it because on paper it looked like exactly what I was looking for. Always remember to try on skin. I still like it but maybe someone else should take it home.
26th March, 2016
Citrusy lavender start. A bit later nicer as the fresh spiciness comes through. It's not at all what I expected from the name and the bottle, both of which promise something dark, perhaps sweet, intoxicating, complicated. What I get is quite light, fresh, a bit spicy, lots of lavender. It reminds me a bit of Eternity for men in its citrusy opening, the lavender and light spices. Again in spite of the image, for me it would be a sort of office scent. I like lavender, but I can't help feeling there's something unpleasant mixed up with it, spoiling it. There's a review by Colin Maillard that describes a metallic note, and this also hits home with me. It's a good description.
What's it like? Like meeting a new colleague at work, looks nice, says nice things, but there's just something that repels me from him, and I can't say what it is.
A few hours ago making notes I wrote: "quite pleasant as it goes, but not for me". Actually, now, after a second try, if I'm brutally honest, I don't like it. Sorry to those who do.
November 2015
14th November, 2015
At the very first sniff, the inner nature if Hypnose is already clear: a half-good work. Perfectly split in two parts: one is completely good, the other completely crap, and the clash is just... err. There are indeed some nice features: the mint note is fresh, green and realistically crunchy, avoiding the toothpaste effect; the spices are vibrant and lively, and overall, it surely catches that mid-2000s ômetropolitanö masculine elegance played on amber-warm-sweet notes blended with spices and woods, here also added with a dusty layer of lavender and white musks, clean and classy like a freshly ironed shirt. The family, in broad terms, is the one of Dior Homme or ArpŔge pour Homme (to which Hypnose resembles a bit, just more pungent and spicier), that type of urban, office-safe, yet somehow feminine elegance which was in fashion some years ago. So far so good: lavender, spices, woods, a balsamic breeze. It would be a good perfume, but... the ôbutö here is quite a big ôbutö (sorry for the pun), and it's represented by a completely useless, unrelated, horrid metallic-ozonic-fruity note, or better say ôfeelö, which smells quite similar to that stuff they use to build tropical-sea notes (I just thought of Azzaro Chrome for instance, but you get it in many other scents as well). Basically some kind of pungent, moldy, metallic and completely weird spicy-calone aftertaste, which is fruity in a way, but warm at the same time. And as I said, completely separated from the rest, just sitting there like an elephant in a room ľ and I mean a real elephant into an actual room. Without this nuance, which to me is quite bold, it would be a good scent, a bit trendy and conventional but good; but as-is, it's just annoying. Such a shame!

4,5-5/10
06th November, 2014
salutation.

This says sophisticated man that works hard and plays even harder.to a perfume collector this is not going to be anything revolutionary.it is sharp,clean and brings out character in the wearer.you will never wear this without being complemented.women love this scent.fresh yet warm.classic yet modern,spicy yet inoffensive,comes in a masculine heavy classy bottle.

Hypnose Homme opens with a fresh cardamom and green mint combination with a hint of citrusy,which rapidly segues into an aromatic lavender accord.the amber,musk and patchouli notes give him a hot sensation.it s definitely a manly original fragrance for anytime and place semi-sweet.fresh-minty ozonic-woody cologne which is very versatile.

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

16th October, 2014 (last edited: 29th December, 2015)

Add your review of Hypn˘se Homme

Shop for Hypn˘se Homme products online

Shop for Hypn˘se Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Hypn˘se Homme

Member images of Hypn˘se Homme

There are no member images of Hypn˘se Homme yet. Why not be the first?