Vetiver Extreme (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseGuerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Vetiver Extreme

Vetiver Extreme is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2006

Vetiver Extreme fragrance notes

Reviews of Vetiver Extreme

Although I have not experienced the original this is an exceptional fragrance. As far as comparisons this is a smoother vetiver than say Encre Noire for sure. I do like this a tad bit more than Encre and would say this is a smoother scent and is overall well rounded from start to finish. For the price and quality it is a blind buy for any fan of vetiver. Enjoy!
30th November, 2016
Excellent stuff. I agree with rbaker's assessment, this flanker is a tad less woody, a bit more plush and a little bit sweeter. It is basically a reformulation for changing tastes without discontinuing the ever-popular original.

My wife's reaction the first time she walked through a cloud of this was very positive, she loves it on me.
17th June, 2016
A perfect Vetiver! Almost similar to the regular, but more spicy and "Extreme" I use the regular for day time and work, and Extreme for evening and formal events. Timeless elegance!
04th May, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
Quite like the original in many aspects, but I get a bit less of the wood side, and it is a bit richer and with a touch more sweetness. Very agreeable. The longevity is the same on my skin, nearly five hours. A case where the flanker holds up to the original version. Elegant.
15th June, 2014
I used to own the original Guerlain Vetiver and forgot how wonderful it smelled. I now got the "extreme" verison and I like it even better. I love colognes with vetiver and this one is my No. 1. To me vetiver smells fresh and clean, especially in the South Florida climate.
Guerlain Vetiver opens with a blast of vetiver and that delights the senses. A true classic cologne for men.
10th March, 2014
A Classic with a twist

I saw on Youtube K. saying that Guerlain Vetiver was for a 70, 80, 90 yo, and remembered that the experts say that there are only two kinds of fragrances: the good scents and the bad ones. If we shouldn't say that a scent is for women or men, how can one say it is for the very oldies?Is it not fashionable? What is fashion anyway? You are what you smell, smell well? I agree that there are scents with a juvenal, youth aura that suits, of course, young people. Also I agree that thare are time and place for everything under the Sun. But I cannot agree that a scent is good but only if you are over the rainbow and beoynd together with the mothballs. Guerlain Vetiver Extreme is my frst vetiver, although vetiver is in almost everything under that same Sun. And for me it smells great, really wonderful. Walking to work I got winfss of it and I couldn't belelive it was me, my vetiver giving me that very satisfying smell that just makes one feel good with himself and the world, it was almost like the first ... , for me and I am 50+. I suppose K. could say that it is because I am almost getting there. A young profesional man can pull GVE off? Of couse he can, if he wants to be taken seriously. But that is only one of his choices and there are plenty of them. I think I don't need to say anything about notes for other serious reviewers like Ericrico have done better than I ever could. Just a final thought I wear a scent for myselfself firstly and try not to offend the ones aroud me.

Pros: Adds a change, and a good one, to the original Guerlain Masterpiece
Cons: None"

30th July, 2013