La Pausa / 28 La Pausa Eau de Toilette (2007)
by Chanel

La Pausa / 28 La Pausa information

Year of Launch2007

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About La Pausa / 28 La Pausa

One of six new fragrances for Chanel's "Les Exclusifs" range created by Chanel master perfumer 258.

28 La Pausa is an iris-based fragrance and is named after a house owned by Mlle. Chanel in the South of France.

La Pausa / 28 La Pausa fragrance notes

Reviews of La Pausa / 28 La Pausa Eau de Toilette

At fist sniff it reminds me of Nu (YSL). And then after couple of minutes it - wait- did I forget to put on my perfume?
Two additional puffs on my wrist, each puff on one wrist, no rubbing them against each other of course, two puffs on the neck, again one on each side. The air around me smells opulent. My husband loves the fragrance and how it grows on my skin. After half an hour he leans over and asks me why I don't wear any perfume any more. Big thumb down I'm afraid. One of most expensive 30 minutes of my life...

27th April, 2017
jrr2ok Show all reviews
God, what a beautiful but frustrating fragrance. The iris is full and rich upon application, with the woods developing quickly (<15 minutes) to firm up the overall impact. An hour in, it dries down to a soft powdery musk with woody undertones. However, the fragrance is essentially gone after 4 hours (with a conservative application). It's literally like a beautiful visitor that sweeps you off your feet, wrapping you in intimacy only to disappear, leaving you clutching the air and longing for more.

Because of the limited performance, I'm tempted to rank it as a Neutral, but the fragrance itself is so lovely I must rank it as a Thumbs Up. Its audience, however, will probably be limited to those who can afford liberal reapplications and those who are willing to accept a fleeting experience. What an experience it is.
07th November, 2016
This is an elegant but approachable iris, simultaneously cool and welcoming in its self-assurance. It's almost a soliflore, but I pick up other garden scents carried in its sillage. 28 La Pausa is one of the most natural and open-hearted irises I've smelled. I don't detect any undesirable, inauthentic or misplaced notes here. It's delicate, and its brief longevity is somewhat disappointing - but oh, what a beauty while it lasts (3-4 hours on my skin).
30th June, 2016
I absolutely love 28 La Pausa. It features an iris note that’s every bit as pure as the one in Iris Silver Mist, but nowhere near as cloak-and-daggery. 28 La Pausa is like a fresh breeze off a line of linens on a summer’s day.

Bolstered on top by a touch of green citrus and below with a dab of creamy, peppery woods, iris is really the star of the show here. There is something to be said for just letting a fantastic raw material shine, and this is the approach Chanel has chosen here. Although the iris is sheer and ethereal, there is a slightly buttery, round tone to it that minimizes any attending severity.

I love 28 La Pausa for its purity and its gentleness, but I curse it for its longevity. It lasts all of two-three hours on my skin. For this reason, and this reason alone, 28 La Pausa is a perfume that I mentally rank alongside the great Apres L’Ondee. Do I really want to spend that type of money to wring out a pitiful two hours of scent, no matter how beautiful and emotionally affecting that scent might be?

On some days, my answer is a resounding yes. On other days, I am more sensible. My wallet is safe. Mind you, that moment of (uncommon) financial wisdom is like 28 La Pausa – strictly temporary in nature.
20th March, 2016
Luca Turin gives this four stars and dubs it a "woody iris." It is practically a soliflore in his book, matched only by the Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist.

I find it to be a perfectly pleasant pure iris note, which on me is slightly plastic, very dry and evocative of a unique leather. Fath's Iris Gris is the penultimate in the iris experience, matching the iris with a lovely peach note.

The negative aspect of 28 La Pausa is its evanescence. It disappears so quickly, that its exorbitant expense makes it prohibitive as a purchase.

Too delicate, considering the Lutens has more presence for half the price.
21st January, 2015
Genre: Floral

All of the Chanel Les Exclusifs I’ve tried feature a conspicuous iris note, but in 28 La Pausa a rich, doughy iris root is the uncontested feature attraction. If a dessert chef were to make a spiced carrot and parsnip custard, infused with jasmine and a touch of smoky vanilla, it might smell a good deal like 28 La Pausa. The velvet soft iris note lounges on its cushion of spiced florals like a Titian nude in the Doge’s palazzo: lush, seductive, and just out of reach. This is a luxurious scent, but not loud or showy. Sillage and projection are both moderate, surrounding the skin in a loose envelope of fragrance. As 28 La Pausa dries down, it reveals a creamy wood base with a marvelously natural character. If the scent has any failing, it is endurance – the drydown arrives after perhaps two hours, leaving me wanting more.

Chanel’s treatment of iris in 28 La Pausa is matched only by Serge Lutens’s Iris Silver Mist and Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier’s Iris Bleu Gris. But where the Lutens is opaque and shadowy, and the Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier lit in bold chiaroscuro, the Chanel is suffused with a gauzy, golden light. Lovers of iris root will want to try this, and those unfamiliar with iris in perfumery could find no better introduction to the note.
09th June, 2014 (last edited: 12th June, 2014)

Add your review of La Pausa / 28 La Pausa Eau de Toilette

Shop for La Pausa / 28 La Pausa Eau de Toilette products online

Search Amazon for La Pausa / 28 La Pausa Eau de Toilette

Member images of La Pausa / 28 La Pausa Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of La Pausa / 28 La Pausa Eau de Toilette yet. Why not be the first?